Maybelline Great Lash Clear

Maybelline Great Lash Clear
image 1image 2image 3

3.8

Aqua/Water, Alcohol Denat, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl, Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA

on 5/8/2016 12:29:00 PM

I do not use waterproof mascara so I find that if I use this product after applying my mascara, the mascara is less likely to smear or flake.

on 5/8/2016 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I purchased this years ago and tried using it as an actual mascara but I found it didn't really work for that purpose so it sank further and deeper into my makeup bag and eventually threw it out.

Just recently, I was picking up new mascara at Walmart and seen this there and I thought I'd give it another go, but not for my lashes, for my brows.

This sets the brows really nicely and I quite enjoy it. I will say, it is wet and I do remember it being this wet from when I used it a few years ago as well.

The wand is the regular Great Lash wand but I just cut it shorter, like about the length of the benefit gimme brow wands, and use it like that, that way it's not smearing excess product on my brows that I don't need. Overall, I love it. It's wonderful. Works well. Sets brows. Nicely done Maybelline.

To Read all 328 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/25/2016 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This product is very wet and doesn't distribute very evenly. I quit mascara about a month ago (except for nighttime) and I thought this would be a good, more natural looking substitute. It works OK, but I will be trying something different when I finish this.

I will say that this product does not damage my lashes as much as regular mascara (duh)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Tried to use as a brow gel. It was very wet and never held them in place. It also would get slightly flaky and leave a white residue.

on 11/4/2015 9:25:00 AM

I bought this with the intention of using it on my brows. It does not hold them in place! It goes on looking wet and it doesn't do much. It doesn't leave my brows hard, but it doesn't hold them either. I also tried this on my lashes, but it just makes them droop... The brush also applies WAY too much product on my brows.. Will not be repurchasing.

Yuck. It's not terrible but it's not good. Very thin and watery. Don't like the wand at all. I previously had the E.L.F. clear mascara, which was nice, but I felt like trying something new for fun? I felt like that product ran out very quickly—not a lot of product. Maybelinne's looked nice and full. But now I realize that it's just not as tacky and thick. I will use this until it runs out because it's not horrible and I don't want to waste it. I use it on my brows now. Will no repurchase. Beware. :)

on 10/4/2015 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

on the 2nd tube.I threw away the first tube because i tried it a few times and didnt like it(takes too long to dry&clumps lashes together too and it was like more 3 months,hardly finished 10% of the product).
2nd tube :I wanted to see if i can use it as eyebrow gel ,but it doesnt do a good job either.Doesnt hold eyebrows in place well

on 8/25/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this for the sole purpose of something to keep my eyebrows in place. I've never used this on my eyelashes, because I know it would just weigh them down yet and not add anything to my lashes. As for an eyebrow gel, I'm not very impressed. My eyebrows aren't unruly or even hard to tame at all, yet this mascara doesn't do a great job at sculpting them. My eyebrows look like its as if there is nothing there, which is a bummer. I guess its too wet and does not have enough holding power. On the bright side, its cheap and will last a while. Although, I wish it would finish already so I can get another eyebrow gel I might like better.

on 7/29/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Absolute fave ! The only thing that really keeps my waterproof mascara from flaking every where on my face, I just wait for my mascara to be completely dry and put a thin layer on them and I'm ready to face the day ;) sometimes when I really want to have my eyebrows set in place I'll brush a little bit of the clear mascara on them, it's really good for that as well

I've never used this for my lashes. I use it to keep my brows in place and it does an excellent job! High end brow gels go for $15+ but this is certainly cheaper and does the same.