3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I bought this originally as a brow gel to replace my prohibitively expensive Anastasia clear brow gel. As a brow gel, this is not great especially compared with the Anastasia. It basically had no hold. With the higher end brow gel, my brows stayed in in place all day, whatever position I brushed them into. With the Maybelline, maybe it gives a bit of hold but really not much. HOWEVER the reason I gave this mascara 4 lippies is that I have begun using it for its intended purpose, as a mascara, and for that, I really like it. I actually don't wear mascara because - it's impossible not to make this sound like a humble brag - my eyelashes are pretty long and thick already. When I wear mascara it necessarily makes my makeup look very dramatic and unnatural, too much for my day to day. However, I do curl my eyelashes, and the thing I miss about mascara is that it helps keep that curl stay in place. So I started using the clear Great Lash on my eyelashes prior to curling (wait for it to dry before curling because it's pretty wet), and lo and behold, my eyelash curl is much more resilient while still looking natural. It maybe adds a bit of volume, but not much, and no color. This mascara also avoids that white flake issue that clear mascaras can at times be prone to. So I basically get the one niche benefit I want from mascara, and none of the other stuff I don't want. For the price, yes I'd repurchase.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

a year ago

I thought I'd try this as brow gel to replace my elf since you get a lot more in the package on the Maybelline. The other day I applied at 6am and my brows were gone by 6pm. Fail for me.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Great brow gel & I go over my mascara w a clear coat of mascara to make it shiny but I prefer elf because there are separate compartments for mascara & brow gel which the brow gel can get tinted brown sometimes & elf is only $3 but great lash is $6. I don’t know the amount of product in each but it’s taken me approx 2 months to finish HALF of the elf. I prefer elf packaging & price is half as much but if you are stuck in a small town that doesn’t sell elf & u don’t want to order online then the Maybelline clear great lash would be my 3rd choice. No need to buy fancy ABH clear mascara for brows. My 2nd choice is actually NYX brow gel. That stuff works like nobody’s business it’s just next to impossible for me to get without going into the city to Ulta order online. All in all this is a decent brow gel. Grade: B-

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0
from

2 years ago

I bought this and used it a few times but I didn't like it because it was too wet and would just soak my brows, But I recently went back to it and I brush off the wand a bit so there is just enough product and it holds my brows pretty good now!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

EyesOther

2 years ago

Best clear brow gel around! Works as well as ABH at a fraction of the cost. It also works to smooth down fly away baby hair in a pinch!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

from

3 years ago

I used it as a brow gel and it works perfect! No need high end brands, my brow looks wonderful with one coat.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This was my first makeup product i ever brought. I would use it to tame my brows. It worked but it didn't hold my brows down in place all day. But for the price its a good product.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

3 years ago

Eghhhh. I bought this to try as brow gel. This is so wet. And it doesn't provide any hold (for me - my brows are wild, I guess). As for mascara - ehhhh? Is there any difference with this? My lashes look wet for awhile. That's about it. The brush is soft, I guess. And it's cheap enough. But it doesn't work. I should have read reviews here before buying :(.

About reviewer (279 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

3 years ago

I am very pleased with this product! While I have always worn the blackest mascara I could find, I've recently developed an obnoxious allergy: the skin beneath *one* lower lid was becoming puffy, red, itchy, and scaly. So strange - and definitely *not* the look I'm going for! I decided to try something I haven't used since junior high, as an alternative: this clear mascara! After curling my lashes, I'm pleased to report that it's more effective than I thought it would be. It definitely makes a difference and holds a curl. It doesn't cause any irritation and actually feels quite soothing to apply. As long as I pair it with my favorite black eyeliner, I'm good to go! Definitely give it a try, if your regular mascara starts to disagree with you! And.....I now have even more to add! :D This product is an amazing multitasker! I use it as a natural-looking mascara that won't upstage my black winged liner, to groom my eyebrows, and now - to set my eyeliner in place! Lately, I've been having major problems with it smearing as the day goes on. Simply dip a cotton swab in to the mascara tube (it fits!) and dot the product all over your eyeliner. It works miracles! I'm buying this stuff in bulk! :D

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I use this as eyebrow gel, and the hold is excellent! It also works as a subtle touch for enhancing your eyelashes. It's a strong hold gel.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

AgeUnder 18