Orly Naughty

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My first Orly nail polish. I am not sure if this is the right color cause on my bottle, it says "Naughty or Nice" but it looks the same as the picture shown as above. Anyways, I have a love/hate relationship with the brand. I love the color. I don't know if cause the formula is thicker therefore that's why it takes forever to dry and the polish looks like it isn't totally dry cause I can make a dent on it. Cause of the dryness problem, I tend to drag the first coat off or something. I love the color, just not loving the product. No repurchase for me.

on 11/12/2006 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I would SO buy this again. Have no idea why I wanted so long to get it. Naughty (at the risk of sounding redundant) is everything that Chanel Vamp/Rouge Noir is, only more affordable. Two coats of this is a dark garnet color (♥ ♥ ♥), 3 coats turns it into a blackened red that can look brownish in strong light. Like all dark n/p's the chips on this one are very noticeable so you have to make an effort to use a good base coat and maintain using a top coat. This wears
great on me though - about 3-4 days w/ no chips and v. little wear on the edges. If you're thinking about shelling out big bucks for Chanel Vamp, or want a sexy dark n/p, check out Naughty. Also a good choice if you like the look of black n/p but don't want to look too 'goth/punk'. I got this for about $4 USD at Sally's.

on 10/29/2006 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew Naughty was the color of my dreams when I spotted it (even though I went out to buy OPI's Oh...To Be 25 Again, which I still got) at Ulta. On my hands (olive-toned light-medium Asian skin with green veins), Naughty shows up as a black-red, or what I've always thought Chanel's Rouge Noir would look like--not that I've ever worn Rouge Noir so don't think I'm saying Naughty is a dead ringer. Interestingly enough, I also don't notice any brown or plum tones. In dim indoor light, it looks almost black (but not quite). The red undertone shows up in brighter outdoor light. This is even sexier than my sexiest deep red polishes yet is totally chic and not too racy for work, especially since it's a creme. EVERYONE notices my nails when I wear Naughty and it's my favorite vampy polish. I prefer short, square nails that don't extend past the tips of my fingers but even if you don't, this color really looks best with a short manicure. My only complaint is how difficult it is to apply. I'm still fairly new to Orly polishes so I don't know if the bottle I got is typical of Orly but I found Naughty a bit streaky and very hard to apply. I had to redo my nails two times. I've been doing my nails since I was 11 years old and have never had any trouble with dark polishes (they just take a little more time to prep and apply) so it's not lack of knowledge. Despite the goopiness and uneven application, I still love Naughty and will buy a new bottle just in case I got a bad one. *Update* So after my first manicure chipped within 24 hours and then all my nails were half-chipped by day 4, I decided to try again with different top and base coats (Seche Vite instead of Orly this time) and although it was better, Orly doesn't hold up as well as OPI. Even Orly Bonder base coat didn't do much for my manicure. I'm very sad because I love this color.

on 10/19/2006 3:41:00 AM

Orly Naughty is just amazing. It's basically a super deep, blackened red creme, but it just looks so danged hot. Yep. It does.

I have found, however, that I absolutely cannot tell it apart from Orly Marlene. It's possible that Marlene is a little plummier, but with 2-3 coats, there's no real difference. I'm swapping off Naughty since I don't think I need two identical black-red polishes, and I just prefer the name Marlene :) I said I'd repurchase Naughty, but only because Marlene is discontinued and hard to find.

Pics:NailsNails (Marlene, for comparison)Swatch comparison continued >>