Orly Naughty

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Orly Naughty

4.3

One of the sexiest polishes I own! Love it. The color is absolutely beautiful. Love the name, too. ;)

on 12/16/2009 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

currently wearing this in 2 thin coats, it needed 3 to even out though.
looks great great great anyway with a diamond (cz) ring & overhead canned lighting, even with the lighter/darker patches of the 2 coats. sunlight and fluorescent light bring out the patchy 2 coat job.
it is very striking, i usually wear lighter colors, so i can't stop admiring my nails.
i almost wore a avocado green cardigan today, but this nail polish made me put it back and get the charcoal grey sweater. it's on for 24 hrs right now with a very cheapie base & top coat, no chips yet.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew this shade looked familiar. It does look like the famous Chanel Vamp. I think Uma Thurman wore it in Pulp Fiction, and ever since then it's been popular. I love the shade, it's perfect for the fall season. On me it looks like an ultra dark berry with one coat, and with two it's even closer to Vamp. Update: The shade is great, but this chips in no time at all. I wish I hadn't bought it. I am not a fan of Orly, since the last two polishes I've bought from them did the same thing.

on 2/2/2009 9:21:00 PM

I have not been this amazed by a nail polish in I don't know how long!! I Love everything about this. 1st the Color is Amazing, I didnt know if I could pull it off or not b/c I have fair skin w/ a lot of pink undertones and this looks soooo good. 2nd It Dries so fast, so fast that immediately when I bumped into my lamp I thought Oh S**T.. But Nothing, It was already dry. I used 2 coats for a really deep color but could of just used 1 for more red. This is really DEEP Chocolate Brown looking w a hint of blood. also application went on so smooth, no streaks, it's just perfect.. Love the bottle and rubber grip handle.. Go Naughty... This chipped the next day going to take it down a half lip.

Finally! I found the polish I had been searching for!! This is the MOST perfect shade of dark, vampy- almost black color that has been soo popular this fall 06 season. It isn't all the way goth like black polish is, instead is super sophisticated (on short nails) and very sexy. I've worn it for almost 2 weeks now and love it as much as the first day- if not even more. I still can't keep looking at my nails. The polish is amazing, no chips and still looking great. Not sure if it's the OPI start to finish base coat, nail strenghtener and top coat doing all the magic. I got this at my local Sally's Beauty supply for $4.99 plus tax, love love the bottle with the rubber cap top- makes it easy to grip and hold onto. Although I wish the brush was like the new OPI pro.wide brush. I didn't mark lippies off because the Orly brush works well too. Overall, I am super excited to have found my favorite vampy polish of all time!!! Here are some of the other colors I tried before:
-OPI mrs o'learys bbq: it was much too brown, like bbq sauce- hence the name
-OPI lincoln park after dark: nice but too purple-y for me
-rimmel celebrity bash: also pretty but still too bright as a vampy shade
I have found this shade to be the best very dark blood red-almost black shade. It is worth a try..it's beautiful. Can't wait to try other colors in the Orly line..that is when I get over my deep obsession w. naughty and go back to my usual of soft sheers and french manicures.

on 10/29/2006 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew Naughty was the color of my dreams when I spotted it (even though I went out to buy OPI's Oh...To Be 25 Again, which I still got) at Ulta. On my hands (olive-toned light-medium Asian skin with green veins), Naughty shows up as a black-red, or what I've always thought Chanel's Rouge Noir would look like--not that I've ever worn Rouge Noir so don't think I'm saying Naughty is a dead ringer. Interestingly enough, I also don't notice any brown or plum tones. In dim indoor light, it looks almost black (but not quite). The red undertone shows up in brighter outdoor light. This is even sexier than my sexiest deep red polishes yet is totally chic and not too racy for work, especially since it's a creme. EVERYONE notices my nails when I wear Naughty and it's my favorite vampy polish. I prefer short, square nails that don't extend past the tips of my fingers but even if you don't, this color really looks best with a short manicure. My only complaint is how difficult it is to apply. I'm still fairly new to Orly polishes so I don't know if the bottle I got is typical of Orly but I found Naughty a bit streaky and very hard to apply. I had to redo my nails two times. I've been doing my nails since I was 11 years old and have never had any trouble with dark polishes (they just take a little more time to prep and apply) so it's not lack of knowledge. Despite the goopiness and uneven application, I still love Naughty and will buy a new bottle just in case I got a bad one. *Update* So after my first manicure chipped within 24 hours and then all my nails were half-chipped by day 4, I decided to try again with different top and base coats (Seche Vite instead of Orly this time) and although it was better, Orly doesn't hold up as well as OPI. Even Orly Bonder base coat didn't do much for my manicure. I'm very sad because I love this color.

on 9/6/2006 3:35:00 PM

great dark, vamp color that is so very "it" now. goes on great and dries fast and has lots of staying power even without a top coat. got this at sally's for way cheaper then ulta.

on 3/8/2006 9:56:00 PM

This is a beautiful, deep blackend red creme polish. It is less brown that Essie Wicked and I don't see any plum to it either. It is so dark that from some angles it looks black and from others a deep red.
My only complaint is that it took three coats. Two coats was ok but I am super critical about streaks and I could still see a few.
I love the bottle, that rubber cap is a great idea.
The wear on this polish is amazing. I am super hard on dark polishes and this one lasted one day with not a chip or noticeable wear. I will definitely keep this polish in my collection.

on 7/17/2005 5:03:00 PM

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this before - it's my favorite deep red polish. I bought it years ago as a cheap alternative to Vamp, and I still love it. Orly has great quality and shine, and the new rubber caps on the bottles are a great addition.

Popular Polishes