Orly Naughty

Orly Naughty

4.5

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My first Orly nail polish. I am not sure if this is the right color cause on my bottle, it says "Naughty or Nice" but it looks the same as the picture shown as above. Anyways, I have a love/hate relationship with the brand. I love the color. I don't know if cause the formula is thicker therefore that's why it takes forever to dry and the polish looks like it isn't totally dry cause I can make a dent on it. Cause of the dryness problem, I tend to drag the first coat off or something. I love the color, just not loving the product. No repurchase for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew this shade looked familiar. It does look like the famous Chanel Vamp. I think Uma Thurman wore it in Pulp Fiction, and ever since then it's been popular. I love the shade, it's perfect for the fall season. On me it looks like an ultra dark berry with one coat, and with two it's even closer to Vamp. Update: The shade is great, but this chips in no time at all. I wish I hadn't bought it. I am not a fan of Orly, since the last two polishes I've bought from them did the same thing.

Great color, nice rubber grip on bottle but chips way more than OPI and Essie (who have VERY similar colors!)

on 10/29/2006 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew Naughty was the color of my dreams when I spotted it (even though I went out to buy OPI's Oh...To Be 25 Again, which I still got) at Ulta. On my hands (olive-toned light-medium Asian skin with green veins), Naughty shows up as a black-red, or what I've always thought Chanel's Rouge Noir would look like--not that I've ever worn Rouge Noir so don't think I'm saying Naughty is a dead ringer. Interestingly enough, I also don't notice any brown or plum tones. In dim indoor light, it looks almost black (but not quite). The red undertone shows up in brighter outdoor light. This is even sexier than my sexiest deep red polishes yet is totally chic and not too racy for work, especially since it's a creme. EVERYONE notices my nails when I wear Naughty and it's my favorite vampy polish. I prefer short, square nails that don't extend past the tips of my fingers but even if you don't, this color really looks best with a short manicure. My only complaint is how difficult it is to apply. I'm still fairly new to Orly polishes so I don't know if the bottle I got is typical of Orly but I found Naughty a bit streaky and very hard to apply. I had to redo my nails two times. I've been doing my nails since I was 11 years old and have never had any trouble with dark polishes (they just take a little more time to prep and apply) so it's not lack of knowledge. Despite the goopiness and uneven application, I still love Naughty and will buy a new bottle just in case I got a bad one. *Update* So after my first manicure chipped within 24 hours and then all my nails were half-chipped by day 4, I decided to try again with different top and base coats (Seche Vite instead of Orly this time) and although it was better, Orly doesn't hold up as well as OPI. Even Orly Bonder base coat didn't do much for my manicure. I'm very sad because I love this color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The color is beautiful (for reference, I am NC 25) and it's so easy to apply. Even if it is categorized as a fall color, I have no qualms wearing it in the summer. I've used it on a beach trip and I loved it! Also, I was on vacation for 7 days and I didn't have time to redo my nails . . . no chips whatsoever.

on 7/14/2012 7:09:00 PM

A very dramatic color! Indoors this looks mostly black but still gives a hint of a black cherry, dark blood hue. I like Orly polishes the best because they last longer. The dry time is somewhat longer than other brands, but with a fast drying top coat, I'm good to go as long as I'm not going to be doing a lot of work with my hands for a couple of hours.

on 10/8/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this polish. It's a perfect fall color. I'm a nail polish noob, so I have a hard time applying evenly, but two coats of this look perfectly smooth on me. Unfortunately it does chip faster than the OPI, Rimmel, and China Glaze polishes I have, even with a base and topcoat. But the price is right, and I love the color.

fantastic dark dark dark red, very vampy. has a brown base rather than blue. looks great against my olive skin. get tons of compliments on it as well. wears well, few chips. I use this in conjunction with seche vite, like all my polishes.

on 6/9/2008 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't love this one as much as most people seem to. The thing to realize before you buy is that it's more of a reddish black than a dark red. If you want to wear black but are afraid black will look too harsh, this is your shade. If you're like me and wanted a dark, vampy red, this really doesn't look red in most lighting. But I didn't have anything else like this (although I think Essie Wicked is a dupe) so I'll keep it and it will probably grow on me. :) One coat was uneven and quite red, two coats fully opaque, even and much darker. Application was great.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love the color, but I could not get this to apply without streaking. I had to apply 3 coats just to get an even color. Because the polish was thick, it took much longer to dry than usual, even with a fast-drying topcoat and OPI's Drip-Dry on top. Perhaps I just got a bad bottle, but from here on out, I'll stick to Essie Wicked. UPDATE: I'm upgrading this to 4 lippies after trying another reader's tip about layering this color over a coat of dark polish to minimize the streaking problem. It worked like a charm, but it's still kind of inconvenient; otherwise I'd give this 5 lippies.

Popular Polishes