Orly Naughty

Orly Naughty

4.5

on 10/29/2006 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew Naughty was the color of my dreams when I spotted it (even though I went out to buy OPI's Oh...To Be 25 Again, which I still got) at Ulta. On my hands (olive-toned light-medium Asian skin with green veins), Naughty shows up as a black-red, or what I've always thought Chanel's Rouge Noir would look like--not that I've ever worn Rouge Noir so don't think I'm saying Naughty is a dead ringer. Interestingly enough, I also don't notice any brown or plum tones. In dim indoor light, it looks almost black (but not quite). The red undertone shows up in brighter outdoor light. This is even sexier than my sexiest deep red polishes yet is totally chic and not too racy for work, especially since it's a creme. EVERYONE notices my nails when I wear Naughty and it's my favorite vampy polish. I prefer short, square nails that don't extend past the tips of my fingers but even if you don't, this color really looks best with a short manicure. My only complaint is how difficult it is to apply. I'm still fairly new to Orly polishes so I don't know if the bottle I got is typical of Orly but I found Naughty a bit streaky and very hard to apply. I had to redo my nails two times. I've been doing my nails since I was 11 years old and have never had any trouble with dark polishes (they just take a little more time to prep and apply) so it's not lack of knowledge. Despite the goopiness and uneven application, I still love Naughty and will buy a new bottle just in case I got a bad one. *Update* So after my first manicure chipped within 24 hours and then all my nails were half-chipped by day 4, I decided to try again with different top and base coats (Seche Vite instead of Orly this time) and although it was better, Orly doesn't hold up as well as OPI. Even Orly Bonder base coat didn't do much for my manicure. I'm very sad because I love this color.

on 10/19/2006 3:41:00 AM

Orly Naughty is just amazing. It's basically a super deep, blackened red creme, but it just looks so danged hot. Yep. It does.

I have found, however, that I absolutely cannot tell it apart from Orly Marlene. It's possible that Marlene is a little plummier, but with 2-3 coats, there's no real difference. I'm swapping off Naughty since I don't think I need two identical black-red polishes, and I just prefer the name Marlene :) I said I'd repurchase Naughty, but only because Marlene is discontinued and hard to find.

Pics:NailsNails (Marlene, for comparison)Swatch comparison continued >>

on 11/12/2006 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I would SO buy this again. Have no idea why I wanted so long to get it. Naughty (at the risk of sounding redundant) is everything that Chanel Vamp/Rouge Noir is, only more affordable. Two coats of this is a dark garnet color (♥ ♥ ♥), 3 coats turns it into a blackened red that can look brownish in strong light. Like all dark n/p's the chips on this one are very noticeable so you have to make an effort to use a good base coat and maintain using a top coat. This wears
great on me though - about 3-4 days w/ no chips and v. little wear on the edges. If you're thinking about shelling out big bucks for Chanel Vamp, or want a sexy dark n/p, check out Naughty. Also a good choice if you like the look of black n/p but don't want to look too 'goth/punk'. I got this for about $4 USD at Sally's.

Finally! I found the polish I had been searching for!! This is the MOST perfect shade of dark, vampy- almost black color that has been soo popular this fall 06 season. It isn't all the way goth like black polish is, instead is super sophisticated (on short nails) and very sexy. I've worn it for almost 2 weeks now and love it as much as the first day- if not even more. I still can't keep looking at my nails. The polish is amazing, no chips and still looking great. Not sure if it's the OPI start to finish base coat, nail strenghtener and top coat doing all the magic. I got this at my local Sally's Beauty supply for $4.99 plus tax, love love the bottle with the rubber cap top- makes it easy to grip and hold onto. Although I wish the brush was like the new OPI pro.wide brush. I didn't mark lippies off because the Orly brush works well too. Overall, I am super excited to have found my favorite vampy polish of all time!!! Here are some of the other colors I tried before:
-OPI mrs o'learys bbq: it was much too brown, like bbq sauce- hence the name
-OPI lincoln park after dark: nice but too purple-y for me
-rimmel celebrity bash: also pretty but still too bright as a vampy shade
I have found this shade to be the best very dark blood red-almost black shade. It is worth a try..it's beautiful. Can't wait to try other colors in the Orly line..that is when I get over my deep obsession w. naughty and go back to my usual of soft sheers and french manicures.

on 11/16/2005 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Would I buy it again? OH HELL YES.

I am in love with Orly Naughty. I know, I say this about a new polish every week, but when I am in LOVE, I am in it deeply. Naughty is one of the most gorgeous dark red Vamp-alike colors ever.

To compare it to some similar colors:

LPAD: Naughty isn't as dark, and is straight red, not plum

Vamp: Naughty is less brown, I think. It's definitely less brown than Essie Wicked and not as plum as Revlon Vixen.

It's like that type of red glass (ruby glass?) which looks black at some angles, and dark luscious red in the light. Two thin coats will give you opaque coverage. It may look streaky when first applied, but it will even out.

It's pretty cheap (at Sally's or on Head2ToeBeauty.com) so definitely give it a try if you like dark reds! continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This polish is IDENTICAL to Chanel's Vamp. The application is excellent. Although the drying time isn't as fast as I would like, but a good speed dry takes care of this. I'm really happy that it comes in the Toluene, DBP, and Formaldehyde free formulas (gray cap). This is a great color for fall and it makes short nails look modern and sexy.

on 11/18/2006 10:46:00 AM

I think the quality of this polish is better than similar shades in Bourjois (Cerise Noire) and L`Oreal. I also like the reddish undertone, which I don`t find in Bourjois (it`s purple-blue, like boiled beetroot). It would have been interesting to compare Chanel`s famous 18 Rouge Noire with this one. I`m in search of a nice dark shade with evident WARM reddish undertone. Not brownish though..

Rubber grip is convenient and funny. The price was equivalent to 6-7 american dollars for a 18ml. bottle - so it`s fine price by me.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love the color, but I could not get this to apply without streaking. I had to apply 3 coats just to get an even color. Because the polish was thick, it took much longer to dry than usual, even with a fast-drying topcoat and OPI's Drip-Dry on top. Perhaps I just got a bad bottle, but from here on out, I'll stick to Essie Wicked. UPDATE: I'm upgrading this to 4 lippies after trying another reader's tip about layering this color over a coat of dark polish to minimize the streaking problem. It worked like a charm, but it's still kind of inconvenient; otherwise I'd give this 5 lippies.

on 11/11/2009 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Love this color. I've been looking for the perfect deep red/burgundy creme nail polish. I was worried that it would end up looking more like black than the color shown in the bottle but it's exactly what it looks like in the bottle. This is my first Orly color and I love it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I love Orly polish, so not suprisingly I adored this color when I saw it in the bottle. I wanted a black nail polish for fall but decided that black was probably too harsh so I wanted to get an "almost black" color. This color was my choice and was amazing!!! Blood Cherry Brown Black. Can't explain it!!! You MUST get this color for fall. I got SO MANY compliments on it:-)

Popular Polishes