Orly Naughty

Filtered by age: 25-29
Orly Naughty

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew this shade looked familiar. It does look like the famous Chanel Vamp. I think Uma Thurman wore it in Pulp Fiction, and ever since then it's been popular. I love the shade, it's perfect for the fall season. On me it looks like an ultra dark berry with one coat, and with two it's even closer to Vamp. Update: The shade is great, but this chips in no time at all. I wish I hadn't bought it. I am not a fan of Orly, since the last two polishes I've bought from them did the same thing.

fantastic dark dark dark red, very vampy. has a brown base rather than blue. looks great against my olive skin. get tons of compliments on it as well. wears well, few chips. I use this in conjunction with seche vite, like all my polishes.

on 11/4/2007 6:38:00 PM

Yep, it is just like Chanel Vamp. Wish I knew of it before wasting money on Vamp (which I bought twice and both times it was fine for a few months but then something happened to the formula and it started chipping awfully fast). In fact there's something about Naughty which I prefer to Chanel, as similar as they are.

Great color, nice rubber grip on bottle but chips way more than OPI and Essie (who have VERY similar colors!)

on 12/17/2006 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Orly Naughty is an old favorite from my wanna-be Mia Wallace days. I stopped wearing it about four years ago for no particular reason. I recently wanted the almost black red nail polish look again, so I knew just where to turn. I'm glad Orly never got rid of this shade because looking at other reasonably priced nail polish, there isn't much that's comparable.

on 11/18/2006 10:46:00 AM

I think the quality of this polish is better than similar shades in Bourjois (Cerise Noire) and L`Oreal. I also like the reddish undertone, which I don`t find in Bourjois (it`s purple-blue, like boiled beetroot). It would have been interesting to compare Chanel`s famous 18 Rouge Noire with this one. I`m in search of a nice dark shade with evident WARM reddish undertone. Not brownish though..

Rubber grip is convenient and funny. The price was equivalent to 6-7 american dollars for a 18ml. bottle - so it`s fine price by me.

on 10/29/2006 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew Naughty was the color of my dreams when I spotted it (even though I went out to buy OPI's Oh...To Be 25 Again, which I still got) at Ulta. On my hands (olive-toned light-medium Asian skin with green veins), Naughty shows up as a black-red, or what I've always thought Chanel's Rouge Noir would look like--not that I've ever worn Rouge Noir so don't think I'm saying Naughty is a dead ringer. Interestingly enough, I also don't notice any brown or plum tones. In dim indoor light, it looks almost black (but not quite). The red undertone shows up in brighter outdoor light. This is even sexier than my sexiest deep red polishes yet is totally chic and not too racy for work, especially since it's a creme. EVERYONE notices my nails when I wear Naughty and it's my favorite vampy polish. I prefer short, square nails that don't extend past the tips of my fingers but even if you don't, this color really looks best with a short manicure. My only complaint is how difficult it is to apply. I'm still fairly new to Orly polishes so I don't know if the bottle I got is typical of Orly but I found Naughty a bit streaky and very hard to apply. I had to redo my nails two times. I've been doing my nails since I was 11 years old and have never had any trouble with dark polishes (they just take a little more time to prep and apply) so it's not lack of knowledge. Despite the goopiness and uneven application, I still love Naughty and will buy a new bottle just in case I got a bad one. *Update* So after my first manicure chipped within 24 hours and then all my nails were half-chipped by day 4, I decided to try again with different top and base coats (Seche Vite instead of Orly this time) and although it was better, Orly doesn't hold up as well as OPI. Even Orly Bonder base coat didn't do much for my manicure. I'm very sad because I love this color.

on 10/19/2006 3:41:00 AM

Orly Naughty is just amazing. It's basically a super deep, blackened red creme, but it just looks so danged hot. Yep. It does.

I have found, however, that I absolutely cannot tell it apart from Orly Marlene. It's possible that Marlene is a little plummier, but with 2-3 coats, there's no real difference. I'm swapping off Naughty since I don't think I need two identical black-red polishes, and I just prefer the name Marlene :) I said I'd repurchase Naughty, but only because Marlene is discontinued and hard to find.

Pics:NailsNails (Marlene, for comparison)Swatch comparison continued >>

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love the color, but I could not get this to apply without streaking. I had to apply 3 coats just to get an even color. Because the polish was thick, it took much longer to dry than usual, even with a fast-drying topcoat and OPI's Drip-Dry on top. Perhaps I just got a bad bottle, but from here on out, I'll stick to Essie Wicked. UPDATE: I'm upgrading this to 4 lippies after trying another reader's tip about layering this color over a coat of dark polish to minimize the streaking problem. It worked like a charm, but it's still kind of inconvenient; otherwise I'd give this 5 lippies.

on 1/1/2006 5:12:00 PM

I am a total addict when it comes to super-dark vampy colors for nails, as you can see if you read my other reviews! This one is great. In the bottle it looked very brownish to me, but on my nails it's a blackened red pretty similar to Essie Wicked and all my other favorites. Lasting power is good, even on tips- I am impressed- and the formula is easy to work with. This color made me a true Orly fan.

Popular Polishes