Guerlain Divinora Sheer & Shine

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

on 9/13/2005 12:34:00 AM

I just recently tried this lipstick while on vacation in Victoria, B.C. (as there's no Guerlain counter near me) and it is the best feeling lipstick I've ever tried. And it has such a gorgeous case with that swiveling mirror on the end of the cap. Total decadence. I bought #380 which is a sheer plummy color. Gorgeous. I tried the new and highly promoted KissKiss lipstick while I was there, too and bought a couple shades of that, but I prefer this one to those as this feels more moisturizing (kisskiss leaves more of a matte finish) and this is sheerer. Love it. But man is it hard to get your hands on. I wish I'd bought another shade of this while I was there.

Guerlain has 3 different versions of Divinora lipsticks. This review is for the Sheer and Shine SPF 10.

Product Description: A lightweight glossy and comfortable texture for a truer- than- nature result. The deliciously tender and sensual shades, with a shining bright, enhance the natural complexion of the lips to sublimate them.

On Me: These lipsticks rock baby! Gives a very light natural shimmery look that somehow makes my lips really look sensual! Its creamy and moisturising too. For the first time, i dont have to wear a lip balm underneath my lipstick & i dont get cracked lips (which i usually do with other lipsticks when i forget about my lip balm). There is a slight violet smell (same smell as their powders) and i detect a taste but i cant tell what taste it is. I simply adore the packaging - gold hammered case is divine but its the mirror thats so like a James Bond gadget. I seriously didnt know there was one until i read other reviews...its on the cap - very discret yet absolutely practical...i mean with such decadent packaging...why bother touching up in the toilet in front of that huge mirror. Now you can do it at the dinner table in full view of all the girls (but personally i still prefer touch ups in the ladies...)

Totally forgot to mention the colours i bought

320 - a shimmery red (would say it leans towards orangey red)
360 - a shimmery rose petal pink
continued >>

on 8/27/2004 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I ordered this color after reading the rave review written by Nikua below me. She has described this lipstick perfectly. This is a gorgeous subtle red that can be worn lightly during the day and more intensely at night. While I would not describe it as a warm berry red - I don't see any berry it is a very interesting pinkish-coral-red on me. I like it very much. I don't think it would have been a color I would have chosen on my own so thank you Nikua for talking me into this wonderful lipstick color!