Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

3.7

AQUA (WATER) . CYCLOMETHICONE . GLYCERIN . TALC . PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL) . PEG/ PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SULFATE . TRIDECETH-3 . METHICONE . METHYLPARABEN . SQUALANE . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . “NF8897” .

This has nothing to do with how this product works. I've had my ups and downs with it, and I can't say it was worth the money I paid.

However, I've recently noticed that the brush smells HORRIBLE, as does the cap. I've washed the brush and the inside of the cap, but that stink keeps coming back. It's like a rancid smell, which it probably is. But after I clean the brush well, and clean the inside of the cap, you'd think the stink would go away.

If it hadn't been so expensive, I'd toss it, but I figure I'll keep it a while longer and then throw it away.

Anyone else have this problem?

on 9/6/2018 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This just isn’t that great for the hefty price. It’s creamy and blends out beautifully, but I could say the same for cheaper concealers. It gives light-medium, but I have to apply a lot to get it to medium. It doesn’t brighten or do anything I can’t do with other concealers. The brush tip is also messy.

on 3/24/2018 6:39:00 PM

This is fun for a highlighter - you really need a beautyblender/sponge, though. Unless I'm applying it wrong. It feels like I might be doing it wrong, but too late now, right? :)

on 2/23/2018 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Wow , wow and WOW! For everyone out there who thinks this is a concealer and keeps on telling us how disappointed they are - its not meant to be used as a concealer. I have used this product religiously for the past 6 years and thought Id review since it's become such a staple in makeup routine. I cannot do my makeup without it, and I will tell you why - I first use this to highlight/lightly cover my upper eye area; therefore applying it to the entire eye area from brow to lash line with a beauty blender and then powder to set (I always do this regardless of wearing eyeshadow or not) and I always get complimented on how "doll like" my eyes look and soft and sometimes get asked what eyeshadow I am wearing... secondly, this is great as a subtle highlight in areas you want to slightly illuminate around the face, and lastly this is my go to on days I cannot be bothered going into the huge effort I would normally, to hide my horrible dark circles. Its perfect to just brighten up the under eye area by slightly covering up any pigment and it makes me look SO healthy and alive! For reference, I am an NC30 MAC/ 4.5 GA and always opt for a lighter shade around the eye area so I get the shade 2 and it is perfect for me! In saying all this - no way will this suffice if your aim is to use as a concealer, I wouldn't even rate the "coverage" light, it' has a very watery consistency but as I explained above, if used correctly and for the right purpose, it does mask the appearance of skin discoloration but it doesn't offer coverage as such. A worthy reason why this has been such an award winning item. Hope I helped those who are uncertain.

on 2/13/2018 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Am I the only one who thinks this is such an overrated product? It’s definetly well-marketed. I don’t see it being any different or special than other products out there.

First of all, it fades very quickly, I know it’s not supposed to be a concealer but what else would you wanna do with your under-eyes? Oh and I didn’t really notice a huge illuminating effect either.

on 2/13/2018 9:00:00 AM

I was so disappointed by this product.
I know that it isn't a true concealer so it shouldn't be held up to others but it didn't cover any of my dark circles, it immediately went under my eyes in the crease and moved quite a lot throughout the day.
Sure, its fine as an illuminator but NOT at all worth the hype. I had Estee Lauder before this and had heard so much about Touche Eclat that I had to try it. Wasted money. 40 bucks for an illuminator while 30 bucks for an Estee Lauder concealer that does the same thing and a 100 more uses as a real concealer.

I wish I had a better experience with this product. It makes my under eye skin look very crepey, and it never completely sets. Packaging is A+ though.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know why I have held off so long trying this. I guess I honestly thought this is/was an over-hyped product, an unnecessary luxury item. For some, that may be true, as not everything works for everyone. But oh goodness, this is one of my new (new to me!!) fave makeup items. I'm not sure why I thought this was a brightener of sorts, I do not get much brightening per say, but this does make my skin look more 'alive,' so I guess it does brighten, just maybe not in the brightening sense I was used to or thinking of. This makes my skin appear more youthful and even out my sallowness, and makes me look like I am very well-rested. For me, this 'erases' dark spots and 'shadows'.

My 46 year old skin looks years and feels younger with this. I have noticed that I get compliments on my appearance on days that I wear this. I did not put two and two together, but I can fathom that this is the reason why, as I had not been wearing this every day. I did think the shade selection was a little poor (and I still would like to see more shades added), but I had no trouble getting the shade I chose to blend in nicely, it just seemed to work some kind of magic; when initially applied to my skin, I thought, oh God, this is not going to look right, or I thought it would be orange, but it blended in beautifully. I often wear a basic moisturizer and then this on my 'spots', and have been skipping my foundation (and concealer!), and I find I like the overall look of this alone better, and judging from the compliments I have been getting, this has been working well for me.

Honestly, after trying so many foundations and concealers, some being good, some not so good, I am happy to just have one of these and know that it works well for me, for me, this looks better than any foundation/concealer. And I only use this for my 'spots,' so I am not using a lot of product, really.

I am not a fan of the packaging, I find it a little unsanitary as-is, and possibly wasted product, and I could do without the luxe casing in favor of a more affordable price point, but, it is what it is. Those being the only very minor and trivial downfalls; yes, I do plan on repurchasing this, during a sale, preferably!!

on 2/28/2017 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really loved using this, it lasted a decent amount of time and I used it mainly as a under eye highlight. The packaging is awesome and unsures you don't waste too much. It's too expensive for me to re purchase but I would happily use i again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Such a luxurious product. It lasts a long time, leaves me looking radiant, even after little sleep, and the packaging is to die for. I can't imagine using anything else. Best of all, YSL usually have a gift set of this product with either a mascara or primer (which are both amazing)