Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

I have thin, super long, and oily hair. I love this shampoo! I wish it could be my everyday shampoo because it leaves my hair super nice, soft, and smelling delicious! but I have to alternate between this shampoo and the Suave daily clarifying shampoo because if I didn't, this shampoo would def weigh my hair down. Together, these shampoos have made my hair super beautiful :) this is truly a gem! Highly recommend!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

If you really want the "sleek look" this is probably for you. Shampoo does a decent job of cleansing but it's pretty silicone heavy and causes buildup in a short period of time. It is smoothing and I think it'd work well for those who regularly flat iron their hair or just want to tame some frizz. It's not for my oily, thin hair so I won't repurchase.

I had to throw away my VO5 kiwi shampoo and other harsher soaps because my skin was reacting in a way it never did before. I had bumps across my neck and face, and even at 13 that didn't happen. I used deductive reasoning to determine what had changed in my routine, and could only reduce it to my soaps. So off I went to find some moisturizing products which I had abandoned before the breakout.
I chose St. Ives exfoliating body wash and this shampoo for my hair, with Suave Naturals conditioner. Holy crap. Face and skin back to normal almost instantly! The shampoo lathers really really well, doesn't strip hair, and leaves my skin soft. My hands aren't dry either, which often happens with clarifying products. Once it dried, my hair was fragrant, clean and silky, and I hope this continues to be the case. I will edit if anything changes.
If you suddenly begin reacting, seriously investigate your soaps. You're not going crazy, you don't have a bizarre skin disease (well you might, I'm not a doctor) but you could just have bad shampoo.
EDIT: I want to add that this shampoo cleans very well, so if you're seeking a clarifier that isn't exactly a "clarifier" this might be it. The consistency isn't thick but it's not a gel, so unlike Pantene and Dove Daily Moisture, it won't feel like it's building up every time you wash. Added shout-out to St. Ives exfoliating wash too! Amazing for face and body!

on 8/22/2014 7:22:00 PM

Pros:
- SO affordable
- Gets my hair clean
- Non-offensive smell

Cons:
- Broke me out along the hairline!
- Didn't improve shine
- Let my ends especially dry
- Overall, was nothing special

Final Thoughts:

I really, really wanted to like this shampoo. At first, I thought it was a decent option because it cleaned my hair just fine and didn't seem to leave any residue. Then, I slowly started breaking out all along my hair line which is bizarre because I never break out on my forehead. It took awhile, but I finally connected it to this shampoo! Sure enough, as soon as I cut this product out of my routine, my acne cleared up.

However, even if it doesn't break you out, you can do better than this mediocre shampoo. While it cleaned my hair well enough, it didn't do anything for shine.

on 1/6/2014 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My favorite from Suave. This really is like Matrix. It has always kept my hair sleek and shiny. It's very soft and a great dupe for Matrix. It's only $2.88 for a giant bottle at Walmart.

on 4/9/2013 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I bought Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo/Conditioner combo at Sam's club. I am really impressed by the formulation. I have dry hair due to years of coloring and I must say my hair actually feels better and less frizzy after using this. Definitely will repurchase this :)

on 3/29/2011 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I wish I could comment on the new formulation of this product, but I still use the all-over orange bottle because I still had some left. I wouldn't imagine that it would be too different from the new formulation, but here our my thoughts...
I have used the Matrix Sleek Look design before, and it was pretty nice. I love the shampoo and conditioner. After seeing this, I thought why not try it? It all honestly, I couldn't tell a huge difference between the cheap Suave and the expensive Matrix. I would have to say that the Suave is actually better, just because it felt lighter in my hair. I was impressed.
I haven't tried the newest formulation yet, but I intend to. I hope it isn't too different, but I will find out. If it is anything like it used to be though, I'm sure I will love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok EWWWWWWWWWW!
I have been on the hunt for an inexpensive shampoo and conditioner. I started doing research and saw so many rave reviews on the Suave Professional Line. Upon first impression, this Shampoo and Conditioner smelled so wonderful and I hear that this is great for frizzy hair. Ummmm Hell Noooooo! I couldn't get over the perfumy, flowery, disgusting scent which surprised me due to my first impression of smelling it in the bottle prior to purchase. Also, my hair is the frizziest it has ever been! I even bought the Sleek Anti-Frizz Leave In. Thank goodness I am off today so I can rewash it tonight. I normally wash my hair every other day, but I can't stomach another day. I will NOT be repurchasing this product and I am too ashamed to even give this crap away. Thank goodness it was only $5.00 for the two bottles.

I used this once upon a time when the bottle was orange all over and from what I remembered it worked pretty well. This time, however, not sure if they changed the formula but it seems my hair gets dried out and frizzy when using the shampoo and conditioner combination. I like how it smells [can't really describe it] but I'm going to have to discontinue use. Wayyy too drying

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has some kind of tropical coconut smell to it that smelled okay in the bottle, but once it gets on your hair it will NOT come out and it leaves you smelling like a wet dog. My hair felt soft upon the first wash, but on the second one there was an obvious layer of dimethicone. So I smelled like a wet, coconut-crisco covered dog. Ew. I threw this stuff out so fast. It broke me out too! Never ever again. I liked the past version of the suave sleek that smelled like bug spray as opposed to this newer one.