Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Decent Shampoo. Doesn't leave my hair feeling dry and rinses out easily. I swear these newer suave products are equal to a lot of the higher end products for a fraction of the cost!

on 7/8/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

What an amazing shampoo! I have never come across a drugstore shampoo which can make my hair so soft and shiny. Even my husband who never has any opinion on any shampoo loved it and wants to buy it from now on. Definitely my favorite shampoo ever.

I have thin, super long, and oily hair. I love this shampoo! I wish it could be my everyday shampoo because it leaves my hair super nice, soft, and smelling delicious! but I have to alternate between this shampoo and the Suave daily clarifying shampoo because if I didn't, this shampoo would def weigh my hair down. Together, these shampoos have made my hair super beautiful :) this is truly a gem! Highly recommend!

This is my new go-to shampoo. It softens my hair, makes it shine, and helps out with frizziness.

Also, can we just take a moment of silence for the cost of this shampoo..............

Gah, it's so inexpensive, but gives me great hair. Oh, and the scent smells amazing. It does have a perfume-y type scent, but I enjoy it a great deal.

L.O.V.E.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Very affordable and does what it says. It does smooth hair out and it works pretty well on my dry hair. It's the one of those OTC hair shampoos that works well for the first couple weeks then turns hair into a mess like Pantene and Aussie. I will buy again:)

this product is great!! it smells great and works to really get your hair clean with no flakes. even if you use a lot it won't make your hair greasy. Love it and have been using it for years!

I tried this shampoo while visiting my mom and absolutely loved it for the first week. It made my hair soft, extremely shiny and moisturized. I went out and bought the big bottles at BJ'S the price was great! I used it for another week or so. I started to notice that my hair was still shiny but really weighed down and had a lot of build up. Oh my god my hair is so thin and crispy and fragile and it looks like half of my hair just disappeared. I'm freaking out! I've been using other shampoos and conditioners to try to fix it but nothings working!!!! Steer clear from this!!

on 3/18/2012 9:34:00 PM

I just started using this about 3 weeks ago. I don't have the old formulation to compare it to so idk how good the other one was. All I can say is that I really like this one! A friend recommended this and I was really surprised it was any good. Lathers up really nice and leaves ,y hair really silky. I wash it and don't brush, I go to sleep and the next day it looks like I curled it but at the same time it looks really shiny and sleek. I'll stick to it for a while. Im really loving it!

on 2/6/2012 10:41:00 AM

God, I hate it when Suave reformulates. I LOVED this stuff when it was in the orange bottle, it was my HG (before I even knew what a HG was...LOL) Now it doesn't work as well on frizz and the scent is sickeningly sweet and stays with my hair all day. I used to like sweeter scents but now they just give me a headache. Really disappointed.

2 stars only because it is cheap and it isn't 100% totally awful. I am tempted to find some in the orange bottle on ebay or something...

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I normally wouldn't write a review until I have given a product a fair chance, but after using this shampoo & conditioner twice, I am sad to say I just can't stand it enough to use it any more then that.

My hair: naturally very curly - 3b, highlighter sized ringlets. It is prone to dryness and is also, by nature, very fragile - therefore very breakage prone. My hair is mostly dry, but I do get an oily scalp pretty quickly. It is color treated and pretty long. I typically wash my hair 1-2x a week and then cowash daily in between.

The shampoo is probably the worst part about this set. It lathers up nicely, but instead of making my hair clean, it made it feel really weird - like maybe it is being coated? I am not really sure. I tried to keep rinsing it out, but it felt like it was never going to. So i tried to shampoo again, thinking maybe my hair was just too coated with product. Same thing happened, so then I decided just to move onto the conditioner. Whilst my hair felt really odd, I can vouch for it an say that it did not strip my hair and make it tangled. I have a really hard time finding DS shampoos that dont dry out my hair and make it tangly and frizzy. I was happy to see that it has SLES as apposed to SLS which is a lot gentler on the hair.

The conditioner felt GREAT! It instantly made my hair feel silky & smooth and tangles just fell right out. (although my hair wasnt horrible tangles to begin with). I just coundn't stop running my fingers through my hair -- it just felt so luxurious! I thought make that would be this line-ups saving grace and styled as usualy with my leave in & gel.

I have to say, my hair was not frizzy and it held up well in the humidity. If anything, it might have made my hair too smooth/flat -- I do like my curls to look soft and natural, not overly defined. It really elongated the curls - which isn't a bad thing, but not my style... I like big hair. It looked pretty decent, it looked shiny.. but if I touched it I would hear a crunch and it FELT really dried. It was so bizzar. That killed it for me... I need REAL hydration, not coating my hair and giving the illusion of shiny, smooth hair. I know my hair can be shiny and smooth on it's own w/o it being cometely coated with too much silicone!

I thought maybe it was just the shampoo, and gave the conditioner a shot on it's own as a rinse out, but it felt pretty much the same.

After almost a week & two shampoos I just couldn't find a reason to keep trying it. I ended up clarifying with my Vo5 Kiwi clarifying shampoo & deep conditioned with my Silk Elements Mixed Silk deep conditioner and my hair was instantly better... sad to say this just did not work for me. I think it might have potential for others who already have pretty nice hair to begin with, but it just couldnt cut it... I exchanged it for the Suave Almond & Shea as I hear it is the best in their line up. Hopefully that goes better.