Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

Suave Professionals Sleek Look Shampoo

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water (aqua), sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium chloride, dimethiconol, fragrance (parfum), carbomer, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium, chloride, tetrasodium, EDTA, amodimethicone, DMDM hydantoin, TEA-dodecyibenzene-sulfonate, citric acid, C11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, trideceth-12, PRG-9, propylene glycol, glycerin, tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E acetate), lysine HCI, arginine HCI, panthenol, panthenyl ethyl ether, methylchloroisothiazolinone, silk amino acids, methylisothiazolinone, mica ( CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

If you really want the "sleek look" this is probably for you. Shampoo does a decent job of cleansing but it's pretty silicone heavy and causes buildup in a short period of time. It is smoothing and I think it'd work well for those who regularly flat iron their hair or just want to tame some frizz. It's not for my oily, thin hair so I won't repurchase.

on 2/6/2012 10:41:00 AM

God, I hate it when Suave reformulates. I LOVED this stuff when it was in the orange bottle, it was my HG (before I even knew what a HG was...LOL) Now it doesn't work as well on frizz and the scent is sickeningly sweet and stays with my hair all day. I used to like sweeter scents but now they just give me a headache. Really disappointed.

2 stars only because it is cheap and it isn't 100% totally awful. I am tempted to find some in the orange bottle on ebay or something...

on 3/12/2010 12:43:00 AM

Officially one of the best hair shampoo I've used. It works better than pantene in my opinion. Love the price that you can get it for all the while works like professional grade products. Leaves my hair sleek, shiny and healthy lookin. People ask me how I get my hair so shiny and I tell them Suave Professionals. They don't believe me because Suave seems like a cheap brand, but it works. Smells really good too. I pair it up the Sleek hair shampoo with Volumizing conditioner (purple bottle). With those two, I always get satisfying hair finish. Sleek yet just right amount of volume and very flowy.

on 7/8/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

What an amazing shampoo! I have never come across a drugstore shampoo which can make my hair so soft and shiny. Even my husband who never has any opinion on any shampoo loved it and wants to buy it from now on. Definitely my favorite shampoo ever.

I had to throw away my VO5 kiwi shampoo and other harsher soaps because my skin was reacting in a way it never did before. I had bumps across my neck and face, and even at 13 that didn't happen. I used deductive reasoning to determine what had changed in my routine, and could only reduce it to my soaps. So off I went to find some moisturizing products which I had abandoned before the breakout.
I chose St. Ives exfoliating body wash and this shampoo for my hair, with Suave Naturals conditioner. Holy crap. Face and skin back to normal almost instantly! The shampoo lathers really really well, doesn't strip hair, and leaves my skin soft. My hands aren't dry either, which often happens with clarifying products. Once it dried, my hair was fragrant, clean and silky, and I hope this continues to be the case. I will edit if anything changes.
If you suddenly begin reacting, seriously investigate your soaps. You're not going crazy, you don't have a bizarre skin disease (well you might, I'm not a doctor) but you could just have bad shampoo.
EDIT: I want to add that this shampoo cleans very well, so if you're seeking a clarifier that isn't exactly a "clarifier" this might be it. The consistency isn't thick but it's not a gel, so unlike Pantene and Dove Daily Moisture, it won't feel like it's building up every time you wash. Added shout-out to St. Ives exfoliating wash too! Amazing for face and body!

This is my new go-to shampoo. It softens my hair, makes it shine, and helps out with frizziness.

Also, can we just take a moment of silence for the cost of this shampoo..............

Gah, it's so inexpensive, but gives me great hair. Oh, and the scent smells amazing. It does have a perfume-y type scent, but I enjoy it a great deal.

L.O.V.E.

I've been using this shampoo/conditioner/frizz cream combo off and on for the past few years. It's dirt cheap, smells amazing, cleanses effectively, and makes my hair feel soft and smooth without weighing it down. I know it has sulfates and other bad stuff in it, but it works great for me, especially if I treat my hair with virgin organic coconut oil prior to shampooing. It lathers up really nicely and smells so good. I've never used the Matrix shampoo it's supposed to be a knockoff of, but this stuff works nicely for my long, normal hair. Definitely recommend if you want smooth, healthy-looking hair without paying an arm and a leg.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently purchased the shampoo & conditioner in a combo pack with pumps. I have long, thick, Asian hair and my hair is naturally straight, but recently it had been getting a little wavy and less smooth looking. I always air dry my hair and hardly ever use any heat tools.

The shampoo is pretty nice and lathers really easily leaving my hair feeling nice and clean. The conditioner isn't watery or thick and seems to do a nice, but not super moisturizing job at conditioning my hair and rinses out cleanly.

Since I use the the shampoo and conditioner together, I can't really say how the shampoo performs on its own. Overall my hair looks sleek, shiny and doesn't feel dry. I only use the conditioner on my ends, but my whole head of hair if nice and shiny looking which I can probably attribute to the shampoo.

The shampoo has a slight fruity, floral scent which I like. It's not as strong of a scent like Garnier Fructis. The smell of the shampoo and conditioner doesn't linger in my hair which can either be a good or a bad thing depending on your preference.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I normally wouldn't write a review until I have given a product a fair chance, but after using this shampoo & conditioner twice, I am sad to say I just can't stand it enough to use it any more then that.

My hair: naturally very curly - 3b, highlighter sized ringlets. It is prone to dryness and is also, by nature, very fragile - therefore very breakage prone. My hair is mostly dry, but I do get an oily scalp pretty quickly. It is color treated and pretty long. I typically wash my hair 1-2x a week and then cowash daily in between.

The shampoo is probably the worst part about this set. It lathers up nicely, but instead of making my hair clean, it made it feel really weird - like maybe it is being coated? I am not really sure. I tried to keep rinsing it out, but it felt like it was never going to. So i tried to shampoo again, thinking maybe my hair was just too coated with product. Same thing happened, so then I decided just to move onto the conditioner. Whilst my hair felt really odd, I can vouch for it an say that it did not strip my hair and make it tangled. I have a really hard time finding DS shampoos that dont dry out my hair and make it tangly and frizzy. I was happy to see that it has SLES as apposed to SLS which is a lot gentler on the hair.

The conditioner felt GREAT! It instantly made my hair feel silky & smooth and tangles just fell right out. (although my hair wasnt horrible tangles to begin with). I just coundn't stop running my fingers through my hair -- it just felt so luxurious! I thought make that would be this line-ups saving grace and styled as usualy with my leave in & gel.

I have to say, my hair was not frizzy and it held up well in the humidity. If anything, it might have made my hair too smooth/flat -- I do like my curls to look soft and natural, not overly defined. It really elongated the curls - which isn't a bad thing, but not my style... I like big hair. It looked pretty decent, it looked shiny.. but if I touched it I would hear a crunch and it FELT really dried. It was so bizzar. That killed it for me... I need REAL hydration, not coating my hair and giving the illusion of shiny, smooth hair. I know my hair can be shiny and smooth on it's own w/o it being cometely coated with too much silicone!

I thought maybe it was just the shampoo, and gave the conditioner a shot on it's own as a rinse out, but it felt pretty much the same.

After almost a week & two shampoos I just couldn't find a reason to keep trying it. I ended up clarifying with my Vo5 Kiwi clarifying shampoo & deep conditioned with my Silk Elements Mixed Silk deep conditioner and my hair was instantly better... sad to say this just did not work for me. I think it might have potential for others who already have pretty nice hair to begin with, but it just couldnt cut it... I exchanged it for the Suave Almond & Shea as I hear it is the best in their line up. Hopefully that goes better.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure what the hell happened to my hair in the past month but it's so wavy and frizzy lately. My usual shampoo just wasn't cutting it and I needed something to smooth and soothe my hair. So, I picked up this shampoo (the new grey bottle) up for $2.50. I always wanted to try Matrix Sleek but didn't care for the smell of it at all! I can't bring myself to use a shampoo that smells all sorts of rancid. Sauve Sleek smells sooooo nice. It's a bit sweet and floral but not too overpowering. I must say, this did a good job taming my crazy hair. I do feel a coating with this shampoo and I can foresee this causing build up if you wash your hair daily. I would rec a clairifying shampoo on your every 3rd or 4th wash to prevent any build up. But, I'm not worried, I'll take anything just to have shiny smooth hair!