Cover Girl Magnetic Color Pot in Aqua Paradise

No Image

4.8

on 8/24/2007 1:35:00 PM

This is either suppose to be a dupe for MAC Shimmermoss or Blue Absinthe in a lot of reviews. I don't own Shimmermoss or Blue Absinthe, I've only seen pictures but they look too similar to eachother with slight differences in blue/green hues but overall two colors that are too much alike for me to buy both.

I took a gamble on this eyeshadow because I was able to find Aqua Paradise in the old CG color pot form that conveniently fits into mac palettes and cost me a clearance price of $1 on ebay :) I figured I have nothing to lose no matter how bad this could be. However if you can't find this in the round pan form, it is available as a regular CG shadow too.

Surprisingly, Aqua Paradise is a very dimensional eyeshadow for something that can be purchased at a drugstore. It's a light blue/green with a gold/green sheen so it looks different in many angles. It's a fun shadow to play around with and should be a staple for anyone who loves blues/teals/water-like colors. This is one of those shadows that are good for layering on top of other colors :)

Matches Mac Shimmermoss perfectly (had both on my hand and could not tell them apart.) They've discontinued this line however. I have a picture of this side by side with shimmermoss in my photos so you can see how it compares.

Very good quality e/s at a reasonable price. It comes in the same form as MAC e/s pans and will fit into MAC e/s compacts too. So far I've been wearing it for 6 hours (over MAC paint) and no creasing. Definitely reminds me of the discontined MAC e/s in Parrot, I will have to compare them side-by-side when I get the opportunity and update my review. Definitely worth checking out this shade though!

A new line from CG, designed to fit into their new custom compact. This is a color I grabbed on impulse because many of the other shades are too boring or too similar to stuff I already have. This is a really nice aqua blue with green undertones and a lot of shimmer. Nice shade to have on hand, not for daily wear. But, for less than $3, who cares? These shadow pots are nice and I like the compact system.