The Body Shop Aloe vera gentle freshener

The Body Shop Aloe vera gentle freshener

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/2/2011 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Good basic toner which is excellent for sensitive reactive skin. This has not caused me any problems. Don't think it is a miracle product to help with spots/blackheads etc, but is an efficient, extremely gentle formula. I also use the Aloe foaming face wash in the morning and the cream cleanser in the evenings followed by this toner and it keeps my skin calmed.

EDIT: Have increased the lippies as I think I under-rated this before! Also, for reference I stopped using the foaming face wash - something was causing me a problem in my routine and by the process of elimination I discovered that it was this...could have been the sodium laureth sulfate, coco-glucosides (have had problems with coconut derived ingedients) or dimethicone..have definitely since deduced that I can't tolerate silicones!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this toner but i didnt notice much difference in my face. It was moisturizing but pretty unnessacary to be honest. It didnt make me break out which is a good thing. I just was hoping for a little more of a difference on my black heads and clogged pores but instead it didnt do anything and also it didnt make my skin feel any softer

This is my 1st TBS toner. Many years back I used TBS cucumber water, which I really hate. Love this Aloe formulation, as it is so gentle, don't not bit my face. I use with cotton wool, I do wipe and rub more on outbreak areas. It seems to help mild exfoliation, which helps to clear up clog pores.

This is just toner,it will not help in closing up pores. As long as this does not cause any problems, I will stick to it. I will try more of the Aloe range after I am done with my TBS Vit E cream.

Updated 21-Mar-09:-
I have found cheaper option, local drug-store Rose water which cost me US$5/8.3 oz (5 time cheaper than TBS Aloe water) and it comes in spray-bottle. It works as well.

Update 29-Oct-09:
I am adding another * to this toner. It helps to calm my skin well and prepare my skin for next step. It is very basic, good toner. 200ml bottle can last about 3-4 months. I used this toner with TBS round cotton, which has mild exfoliation. Will get this toner again:):)

on 10/20/2007 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm use this occasionally, after I cleanse my face at night, just to see if my face is clean. It's pretty gentle and calming and I feel a slight residue on my skin after I use it. My skin hasn't reacted badly to it or particularly well. I believe it doesn't contain any alcohol.

3 lippies for being an average product.

on 3/22/2009 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just finished my bottle, and I liked the product, thought it was pretty decent. I have problematic/ sensitive skin, and the aloe vera calm my skin and keeps it hydrated. It is meant for "instantly calm your sensitive skin, while removing impurities and excess traces of cleanser, with a conditioning, alcohol-free toner." From my personal experience, it does what it claims to do.

on 5/15/2007 5:56:00 AM

I'm not as keen on this as I am the cleanser from the same range.
It leaves a slight sticky residue behind, and I'm not too sure it actually does anything for my skin. Feels better if I simply splash with cool water after cleansing.
Toners aren't something I normally use due to having some dry areas, I wouldn't want to suggest this has dried my skin out...but I wouldn't say it did anything else either.
At 6.00 GBP per 200 ML bottle, I think it's a little too unimpressive for the price.
Ingredients -
Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Aloe barbadensis (Aloe Vera Gel) (Skin Soothing Agent), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Sorbitol (Humectant), Glycerin (Humectant).

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Funny packaging but delivers the right amount of hydration and refreshment to the skin. Smells subtle but not overwhelming. I skipped moisturiser a few times after this and didnt wake up with dry skin. I think this would give Clinique clarifying lotion a run for its money. Though I will not repurchase I still think its a good product.

on 7/19/2005 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It didn't clean or refresh my skin.It's like a tinted water.Packaging is chunky as well.Won't buy again.

I had run out of my normal toner so I decided to buy this on a whim when i was in a Body Shop and i was very pleasantly surprised. It works great as a toner and leaves my skin soft, hydrated and clean. I'm on my second bottle now.

on 4/8/2007 3:30:00 PM

This is a really refreshing and soothing toner. Probably nice in summer! I like the soothing effect and the smell of it. Aloe vera is really good for scars and stuff so maybe this could help me with some of my small scars, we'll see, but it really doesn't matter since it's so cheap and calming in every way.