The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Facial Wash

3.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Glyceryl Stearate, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Phosphate.

This is a foaming soap-free cleanser that reminds me of Bath & Body Works foaming hand soap only I don't feel that it does a good job of cleansing at all. I use a cleansing balm to remove makeup and follow up with a separate cleanser so will use this up but not re-purchase. I guess it is gentle, it certainly hasn't caused any issues with my skin but I don't see any improvements (reduction in redness, etc.) either. My skin is also much oilier when using this over other cleansers which I'm not impressed with at all, especially since it's summer and the last thing I need with the heat is to look like an oil slick. So, this one is a pass for me. But a great Body Shop product I've recently discovered is the Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter. It is great for taking of makeup and hydrating your skin. See separate review for more details.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing product, I was so happy when I finally found this cleanser. As a person with sensitive skin, I am prone to redness if the products I use contain any alcohol. This is alcohol-free, paraben-free and a very delicate cleanser! Highly recommend it! :)

To Read all 67 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/14/2016 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- Fragrance free
- Doesn't dry my skin out

Cons:
- Not sure if it actually clean my face
- The bottle makes it hard to get product out

on 12/3/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not a big fan of this product. It doesn't feel like it's cleansing my face and it's quite difficult to get out of the bottle as it is a hard bottle that you have to squeeze quite hard. Feels like you are rubbing lotion on your face which I don't like. It's not particularly cheap either so I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/6/2015 5:41:00 AM

I don´t particularly this cleanser, as I don´t find it as mild as I hoped it would be. If I have any sort of inflammation on my face it burns a bit. While I wouldn´t even try to get my makeup off only with this (I always use a cleansing oil before), I think it does leave the skin clean and without residue, but in the colder months, this would be too drying for me.

on 8/19/2015 7:38:00 AM

I bought this as it was very cheap on sale ($4.00) and I wanted a gentle foaming cleanser. This comes out of the pump as a foam, and as you apply it to your face the foam dissolves to a liquid. I apply this onto dry skin, I dont wet my face first, and this is very gentle on my sensitive combination skin.

I cant really say anything bad about it. I am not fond of the scent, but it does dissipate very quickly. I do find that I have to apply this a couple of times in order to remove all traces of foundation. I always wear long-wearing or waterproof makeup and so I get through cleansers very fast. I have used better cleansers so I probably wont be purchasing this again.

I really enjoy using this creamy cleanser. It cleanses effectively, does not dry out or irritate my skin and is hydrating without creating oiliness. It does not clog my pores and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. It is suitable for sensitive skin. A little bit goes a long way with this cleanser. My only concern is that the bottle is a bit hard to squeeze, which can make it a little bit difficult to dispense product.

on 6/26/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have acne-prone skin that really doesn't like this cleanser. I only use it in the morning, so I'm not concerned about its ability to remove makeup. However, after using it for a few weeks, I started to experience breakouts. I think my body doesn't do well with alcohols, and this product contains several varieties of alcohol preservatives. I switched back to my beloved Avene Foaming Cleanser and my skin is calming down after just a couple of days. I'm going to have to hit myself upside the head whenever I consider experimenting with a different product again.

on 6/22/2015 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My skin became very sensitive after using the facial wash my doctor gave me, and I feared I'd have to live with it forever.. Until I tried this out. Cleanses the sebum thoroughly, doesn't scrape off my skin making it thinner and thinner, most importantly I no longer feel the burning, itchy, stinging sensation! I don't expect it to clean my performance make up (I'm a dancer) bcs I use biore which is good enough. Highly recommended for those who wish to wash their face regularly without having dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not impressed with this product at all. It doesn't remove makeup, you definitely need a separate makeup remover. It also doesn't leave my skin feeling particularly clean. I know it's moisturizing because it's a cleansing milk but I've used other cleansing milks that left my skin feeling cleaner and that didn't leave a residue, plus they were cheaper. The only good thing, is it has a lovely smell but that alone doesn't make a product good.