Coty Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

Coty Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
Lovely Sarah Jessica ParkerLovely by Sarah Jessica Parker

3.4

on 9/20/2017 12:22:00 PM

I bought the anniversary edition of this perfume. It comes in a pink reflective bottle, looks very pretty on your dressing table. The scent smells like the first waft you get when you walk into a posh hair salon; so whatever note is most prevalent in expensive shampoos must also be in this fragrance. It has a weak sillage. When I spray it on sheer curtains in my bedroom the scent has almost no presence. It is soft and light and best worn in spring and summer. It's not my style of perfume, but it has its place. Not until next April though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Very lavender, dry not real sweet. It morphs on me into something quite "Lovely" hence is aptly named. I prefer NR for its muskiness I blind bought both I'm constantly blind buying perfumes what can I say I like living dangerously this is so dry like champagne it's def a different scent than the VS I'm used to wearing but it's defo heavier on the dry white floral side but it's growing on me inasmuch. I see the similarities to NR. buy this if you don't have to have a Juicy or VS frag no pink sugar here this is a Carrie fragrance uptown or downtown, sophistication all the way.

This is a pleasant perfume, but it simply did not have much projection or sillage . I did like a few of the notes and the muskiness , but it just lacked something to inspire me to purchase . However, I was fortunate enough to read reviews of the flankers of Lovely , and bought the Anniversary Edition after reading .The anniversary edition is five start stellar . Check it out !

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm sorry but this is so strongly smelling of white piercing flowers! I had to return this as I just dont wear that type of fragrance. Quite disappointed as I was expecting beauty and I got screechy.

It's exactly what the title says it is. Lovely.

on 9/2/2016 9:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have this and after 6 years can't figure out if I like it or not it has a good smell but not sweet at all and I prefer a sweet perfume maybe that's why.. it does have a strong lavender smell maybe that's why I keep wearing it.. I like the quality of the lotion I've had the gift set 6 years and the lotion never lost its scent. I guess ill repurchase when it runs out its much cheaper now.

A part of me really wants to like this perfume. On paper the notes sound fantastic. With the exception of apple martini and cedar, every single note in this perfume is one that I love and have in other fragrances. In some ways it reminds me of my beloved discontinued Feminine by Dolce and Gabbana,. It definitely is similar to Narcisco Rodriguez, but at about one fifth the price. Yes, I really wish I liked this perfume...but I don't.

Sarah Jessica Parker said that she wanted her perfume to be subtle but instantly recognisable, and she succeeded. I often smell this on people and can instantly recognise it. The problem is, it leaves me cold. I think it must be the cedar. It's not a note I like. It makes the perfume smell cold, and to me, a fragrance with a musk base should never smell cold.

A really good creation, and way above most celebrity fragrances, but a definite no for me.

on 8/4/2015 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my everyday fragrance, it's subtle enough to wear it at work or when I have to be close to people and I don't want anybody to be offended by my fragrance, fragrances can be offensive for some people and can trigger headaches or allergies. My best friend who is in her 20's commented saying this is something her mother would wear, I'm in my 30's and I quite like it. What can I say, I like to smell like a women and not like a teenager. This smells nice and is not too sweet. I appreciate the amount of product that comes in it since I use it almost everyday 100ml instead of the usual 30-50ml fragrances.

on 9/25/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

EDIT: If you don't want to read everything below, in sum, if you dab SJP lovely (don't spray), the dry down is similar to NR musc oil for her (not similar to NR EdT or EdP). Both were inspired by Egyptian oil musk rollerballs (mine is kuumba brand from Whole Foods). If you cannot source Egyptian oil rollerball, I also suggest Demeter laudromat, but only in oil rollerball format which is substantially softer than the spray. The on,y reason SJP doesn't get a higher rating from me is a five minute problematic opening which is mitigated if you do as I do - dab sparingly on wrist and wait to smell.
-----

I read chandler burrs book about SJP and her creation of lovely in 2005. The notes as per base notes or Fragrantica: Nectarine, bergamot, rosewood, Lavander, cedar, apple martini, white daffodil (narcissus), orchid, Amber, wood, musk). Lovely is a floral musk built on the structure of a fougere. The Lavander is just enough to add structure and lift, much like oud, citrus or frankincense function in today's niche scents.

There is a problematic initial opening that fortunately subsides after about five minutes. LOVELY comes out initially harsh, like rubbing alcohol with a distinct smell of mothballs that is indole. Dabbing helps. An hour into the dry down, with a dab of Lovely on my left forearm and a dab of NR musk for her oil, there is very little difference. Lovely is stronger and perhaps a little fresher. As per BoisetJasmine, NR oil is substantially more smooth musk than NR EdT which has sharper cedar, citrus and Amber. Boisetjasmin also describes NR oil as warm skin, apricot flesh and a bit of honey. I get this in the dry down of both Lovely and NR oil. In both, I get soft, slightly fruit forward musk on the feminine side, but not soapy or powdery or obtrusive.

Basically, if you like NR musc for her original release oil, then Lovely, based on its availability and low price, is definitely worth a try. If you tried it and hated it because of mothballs or gasoline, try again via dabbing, not spraying.

Being a big SJP fan, I was excited to try this perfume out. It is very pretty and wearable with notes of mandarin orange, lavender, and woods. Not the most unique scent, but a great and reasonably priced one especially if you're an SJP fan!

Popular Fragrances