Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion
Cocoa Butter Formula LotionCocoa Butter Formula LotionCocoa Butter Formula Lotion

4.2

NEW FORMULA (PARABEN FREE): Water (aqua), theobroma cacao (cocoa) extract, glyceryl stearate, petrolatum, propylene glycol, glycerin, cocos nucifera [coconut] oil, mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum), theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, elaeis guineensis (palm) oil, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-8 stearate, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, stearalkonium chloride, phenoxyethanol, methylisothiazolinone, benzyl alcohol, yellow 5 (CI19140), orange 4 (CI 15510) OLD FORMULA: Water (Aqua), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Elaeis Guineenis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Orange 4 (CI 15510)
Note: this product has been renamed and ingredients have changed slightly.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my favourite lotion of all time. It's a bit heavy when I first put it on, but in a couple minutes it's all absorbed. The cocoa smell is wonderful to me, but I can see how some would find it sickly sweet. After a couple hours the scent fades to an almost floral afterthought. I have many stretchmarks and can't say it does anything for them, but que sera sera. It's ultra moisturizing, thick and very long lasting. I use it after my shower and before bed; winter and summer. It really makes my skin glow. The packaging is a little plain and unappealing, but oh well. Make sure to get the pump bottle (not the squeeze bottle) and cut it open when you think you've run out. There's way more in there.

on 3/22/2017 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been a massive fan of Palmers for most of my life. But, I hadn't had such a life changing experience per se with using the products. Now, after a break from all lotions for a month (on my mistake for forgetting lotion whilst traveling and having to buy a weird cheap regular one from a corner shop) I really, really saw and understood how damn good this stuff is at literally giving my skin life.

I developed a weird, dry scaley rash almost all over my thighs and arms. No idea the cause, wind and salt water mixed with weird pool chemicals. But as soon as I got home, had a shower and put this stuff on. I woke up and it was G O N E. Literal magic! This stuff is extremely moisturising.

Plus, that smell! So delicious. Like hot fresh chocolate chip biscuits.

I cannot suggest this stuff enough.

on 1/12/2017 12:16:00 PM

I love this. It smells like cocoa. It's thick and creamy and absorbs quickly. I avoid hand cream because I hate the feeling on my hands but I use this on my hands with no issue. My skin feels soft and moisturized and not greasy or sticky. I have been applying this to my feet every day after a shower and before I put my socks on and within a week my feet have gone from dry sandpaper to soft and smooth. I've even been using this on my face this winter for some extra protection from the dry air. I would definitely repurchase. I also have the fragrance free version and it seems to work the same but without the scent (although it does have a light scent that fades).

on 8/18/2014 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Lovely rich cream, until i woke up the next day covered in ichy red spots. My daughter tried it and had the same reaction. This surprised me since I've never reacted to products before.

on 7/14/2014 11:18:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! I put it on at night and by morning, my skin would feel soft. I bought it at my local grocery store at an amazingly cheap price! However, I don't like the scent. It's very heavy on the cocoa scent and I always end up smelling like a Hersey's bar. Chocolate smells good but on my skin, it's TOO MUCH. I only put this on, on nights where I know I not going anywhere the next day because I don't want to leave the house smelling like a chocolate bar. At the store where I buy this, the cocoa scented one is about four bucks for a 12oz bottle, they don't carry the unscented one so if I wanted the unscented one, I would have to go to another store that usually sells it for ten to twelve bucks! That's a pretty large price hike for unscented. So I probably won't be purchasing it again.

on 3/31/2014 12:59:00 PM

Hi there. I really like this lotion. It is very moisturizing and the skin soaks it in very nicely. I wanted to get a good body lotion and read what the best are and this was on the list.

My hands get extremely dry in the winter and while this is a great hand lotion, it isn't moisturizing enough for my dry hands. The only thing that kept my hands moist in the dry winter was Gold Bond, but continued use, several times a day.

I really like the smell of it. It smells like hot chocolate which is heavenly :p

Thank you for reading.

on 11/27/2013 7:48:00 PM

Every winter is the same thing for me. I loathe it. I always get dry cracked skin between my fingers, my legs, elbows, and knee's are just horrid, I dry up like a prune. This lotion is a godsend. Many other lotions I tried made me feel greasy, didn't get absorbed thoroughly and were just way too thick. I love this lotion! It makes my skin feel soft and smooth instantly and stays that way for hours! Not to mention it smells like im lathering myself in hot chocolate and I am perfectly happy with that :D I would recommend this to anyone who has the same problem with dry itchy flaky skin, it'll do wonders for you!

on 8/29/2013 3:08:00 AM

This is great for acne scarring.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff!!! I have very dry skin which flakes up and looks shiny, scary tight. I tried using vasline but this one is amazinggggggggg! It has a very cupcakey smell which is not bad but the best part its that it is non greasy!! I got the small one at first to try it out and it was with me every where, then i loved it so much i went ahead and bought the bigger size for my body. Great value and its very effective! I wish they had it with other smells but i will defiantly be repurchasing!

LOVE this lotion! I have a problem with itchy, dry skin on my legs and this thing works wonders! I never itch after putting this on and my skin feel silky smooth for hours and hours afterwards. It does have a certain cocoa smell to it, but it's not over the top. I think it smells delicious! Also, it's cheap and a bottle lasts forever due to the fact that you only need a small amount of lotion to cover your entire body. Brilliant!