REVLON Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
REVLON Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

on 6/19/2013 2:45:00 PM

I'm a big fan of SL lipsticks and am never disappointed. I recently bought Copperglow Berry at 75% off at CVS, which means it's probably being discontinued. I hope not! I have fair/medium skin and lightly pigmented lips and this color is a like a metalllic mauve on me and the perfect shade for every day. I'm now on the hunt to track down more so I can stock up.

on 3/18/2012 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a beautiful coppery plum, not too frosted, not too matt. It wears quite well for a regular lipstick and feels reasonably moisturizing. It is a tad too dramatic for my pale skin and would be most suitable on someone more tan. However, I still like it enough to repurchase. EDIT: I am liking this a lot. It is a somewhat darker, less frosted version of the discontinued Cover Girl Honeyplum Glow. EDIT II: I am taking off a lippie because, with frequent use, it turns out to be rather more drying than most lipsticks. Also, I am now lightening the color by using a beige color before applying,

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh... I don't know what possessed me to buy this lipstick. Berry lips look horrible on me. But the copper in it made me think I could pull it off. I thought it would be in the same family as MAC's "O" or the limited edition "Funbathing." It's by no means a dupe for "O" or even "Funbathing" on my lips. It's purple pinky (a soft berry), "O" is more red. To me it's more similar to "Funbathing" than "O" is, but "Funbathing" is 200% more flattering on me than this lipstick. The copper sparkles make it more interesting than just a plain ol' light berry lipstick, but it wasn't enough warmth to look good on me. But I am one of those women who turns every red lipstick pink. Swatched on my hand the color looks interesting and complex. It probably would look beautiful on someone who has the coloring to pull it off. On me, it's a hot mess.

on 10/3/2009 12:58:00 PM

This lipstick is a lovely Fall colour that I can best describe as a very pearly, golden plum with a sheer, slightly dry finish. I don't really understand the many comparisons to MAC's "O" because that was really unflattering on me and pulled more red and coppery. I don't see any copper undertones in this shade despite the name. If I add Revlon's Super Lustrous lip gloss in Raisin Glaze on top - this gives it a warmer, coppery-pinkish-brown finish. [Yes, all those colours are in there!] I think the pearl finish of this lipstick gives it a more lasting finish, but I tend to negate that by adding gloss as alone it can feel somewhat dry on me. For reference, I have medium brown hair with dark eyes and light/medium skin.