Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh... I don't know what possessed me to buy this lipstick. Berry lips look horrible on me. But the copper in it made me think I could pull it off. I thought it would be in the same family as MAC's "O" or the limited edition "Funbathing." It's by no means a dupe for "O" or even "Funbathing" on my lips. It's purple pinky (a soft berry), "O" is more red. To me it's more similar to "Funbathing" than "O" is, but "Funbathing" is 200% more flattering on me than this lipstick. The copper sparkles make it more interesting than just a plain ol' light berry lipstick, but it wasn't enough warmth to look good on me. But I am one of those women who turns every red lipstick pink. Swatched on my hand the color looks interesting and complex. It probably would look beautiful on someone who has the coloring to pull it off. On me, it's a hot mess.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As a pale, yellow-toned redhead, it is hard for me to find plum lipsticks that look good on me. In general, the frostier, cooler, and lighter the shade, the more it just looks ghastly on me. Such was my fate with L'Oreal "Mica" l/s, which I recently tried. I had resigned myself to wearing frost-free, deep plums with some brown to them, but I still like the *idea* of a lighter, frosty plum and thought I would give this one a go as it has "copperglow" in the name.

It is definitely more flattering than Mica or similar shades, probably due to the gold rather than silver shimmer- though there is still a strong purple base. I don't get the comparisons to MAC "O" though- this is cooler and lighter. I am satisfied that I get to wear a frosty plum that doesn't clash with my complexion, though it still looks better on me if I play up my eyes and cheeks. Isn't quite oomphy-enough to light up my bare face. Nice Revlon formulation and packaging, though the perle/frost shades feel a bit gritty and are more drying than the cremes.