Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

4.8

on 6/19/2013 2:45:00 PM

I'm a big fan of SL lipsticks and am never disappointed. I recently bought Copperglow Berry at 75% off at CVS, which means it's probably being discontinued. I hope not! I have fair/medium skin and lightly pigmented lips and this color is a like a metalllic mauve on me and the perfect shade for every day. I'm now on the hunt to track down more so I can stock up.

on 6/25/2012 12:25:00 PM

I have worn this beautiful color since 2005 when I discovered it by accident. I was on a local drugstore makeup beauty binge when I found this color and another Revlon shade, Plum Baby. I actually combine the two shades for my very own lipstick mix: Copperglow Berry goes own first, blot, then a slick of Plum Baby. Voila! Lip Perfection! This combination is absolutely gorgeous with my golden blonde hair and brown eyes but I am sure that others could wear it too! I know that this review is for the Copperglow Berry but this is really how I wear this lipstick.

on 10/16/2010 5:33:00 PM

My absolute favorite Revlon Lipstick and really the ONLY one I buy consistently! Looks great with my fair/medium, complexion, blonde hair and green eyes. Pretty much the perfect Fall/Winter lipstick for me! No fragrance is a big plus too. I love it MORE than many high end brands I have tried!

on 10/3/2009 12:58:00 PM

This lipstick is a lovely Fall colour that I can best describe as a very pearly, golden plum with a sheer, slightly dry finish. I don't really understand the many comparisons to MAC's "O" because that was really unflattering on me and pulled more red and coppery. I don't see any copper undertones in this shade despite the name. If I add Revlon's Super Lustrous lip gloss in Raisin Glaze on top - this gives it a warmer, coppery-pinkish-brown finish. [Yes, all those colours are in there!] I think the pearl finish of this lipstick gives it a more lasting finish, but I tend to negate that by adding gloss as alone it can feel somewhat dry on me. For reference, I have medium brown hair with dark eyes and light/medium skin.

*GREAT* color (medium cool-toned true plum with copper shimmer). It's very high on my personal list of all-time HG lipsticks (most of which have been discontinued). I can put it on with my eyes closed and know that it'll look good. Doesn't need liner, gloss, or another lipstick to make it look just right, like 99% of my other lipsticks do. Definitely more plum/cool than MAC O (at least on me). If I could change one thing about it, I'd make it a little bit more moisturizing, but really, it's so close to perfect, I can't complain. Me: cool toned PPP, dark brunette hair, blue eyes. Note: The Colorstay lipstick in "Dreamy Dusk" is pretty similar, but slightly warmer.

on 12/13/2006 11:00:00 AM

I concur with comparisons between this lippy and Mac "O". If you have "O" you know it is a pretty complex color--a mix of brown/bronze, red, and plum. Copperberry Glow has a deeper plum tone in it than "O" and it is beautiful. I imagine this lipstick would be very wearable for a variety of skintones--great drugstore find. I actually think I like this SL formula better than Mac's--more creamy and very pigmented.

on 12/12/2006 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a gorgeous color, it make my lips glow and it lasts a very long time. It is one of the very few berry colors I can wear, HG for me

on 6/29/2006 3:08:00 PM

This is the only lipstick I have from Revlon's revamped Super Lustrous Lipstick line. I actually liked the formula and colours of the old line, but I disliked the heavy scent and the disastrously cheap packaging. The new version has no scent, the packaging is much less flimsy, and even the formula seems to be improved (not as cakey as the old line was at times).

Copperglow Berry is a lovely rosy berry with warm golden shimmer. On me (NC30-35), it does bear a slight resemblance - it's a bit less rosy/red - to MAC's O, which is one of my HG lipsticks. The lasting power isn't quite as good as MAC's, but Revlon's lipstick is also less drying. Overall, this is a very nice lipstick and when you can get it on sale, it's a super deal. I got mine for CA$4.99.

on 10/30/2005 7:37:00 PM

A great neutral berry with a coppery overlay. Love the new formula. This will be a staple for me and I would definitely repurchase. AND I love the price!

on 6/26/2005 3:24:00 AM

Important: these lipsticks were reformulated as of 2005. Reformulated ones come in new packaging; a black case with a clear window on top of the tube. They also feature "Revlon" written across a single thick gold band in middle of tube (OLD formula had black tube, three single thin bands across center). This review is based on the *NEW FORMULA*.

COLOR: This is a rich berry with a copper overspray. Pearl finish.

PROS: Great color/pigmentation. Smooth texture, long lasting, and best of all non-drying on my lips. There is no scent to the lipstick.

CONS: None that I can think of.

OVERALL: This is my personal HG lipstick. I love it. I am NC30 with brown hair.

PRICE: $6-9 USD found at drugstores nation wide.