REVLON Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

4.4

on 6/17/2012 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great evening color, flattering on me (fair-skinned with auburn hair). Resembles Bobbi Brown Metallic Lip Color in Berry at a fraction of the BB price. The Super Lustrous formula is pretty good. I like that it has no fragrance or taste.

Updated rating to 5 lippies. Decided I really like the color for winter. A winner on me (NW15).

on 11/16/2010 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love all the Super Lustrous lippies, non drying and great color payoff. This shade looks super dark in the package, but when applied to my pale lips provides a great color for fall/winter. It is a Pearl shimmer so it provides some depth and is not too dark at all. This is important to me because I have thin lips, so super dark colors make me look like rubber band lips. For reference I am NC15-20, green eyes, brown hair.

on 12/9/2008 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pretty color in the tube, but I wanted it to show up as more of a berry. It was very purple/brown with copper shimmer. The shimmer I quite liked. But the overall color was too muddy. I was looking for a dash of red that would brighten it up for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As a pale, yellow-toned redhead, it is hard for me to find plum lipsticks that look good on me. In general, the frostier, cooler, and lighter the shade, the more it just looks ghastly on me. Such was my fate with L'Oreal "Mica" l/s, which I recently tried. I had resigned myself to wearing frost-free, deep plums with some brown to them, but I still like the *idea* of a lighter, frosty plum and thought I would give this one a go as it has "copperglow" in the name.

It is definitely more flattering than Mica or similar shades, probably due to the gold rather than silver shimmer- though there is still a strong purple base. I don't get the comparisons to MAC "O" though- this is cooler and lighter. I am satisfied that I get to wear a frosty plum that doesn't clash with my complexion, though it still looks better on me if I play up my eyes and cheeks. Isn't quite oomphy-enough to light up my bare face. Nice Revlon formulation and packaging, though the perle/frost shades feel a bit gritty and are more drying than the cremes.

*GREAT* color (medium cool-toned true plum with copper shimmer). It's very high on my personal list of all-time HG lipsticks (most of which have been discontinued). I can put it on with my eyes closed and know that it'll look good. Doesn't need liner, gloss, or another lipstick to make it look just right, like 99% of my other lipsticks do. Definitely more plum/cool than MAC O (at least on me). If I could change one thing about it, I'd make it a little bit more moisturizing, but really, it's so close to perfect, I can't complain. Me: cool toned PPP, dark brunette hair, blue eyes. Note: The Colorstay lipstick in "Dreamy Dusk" is pretty similar, but slightly warmer.