REVLON Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

REVLON Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/3/2009 12:58:00 PM

This lipstick is a lovely Fall colour that I can best describe as a very pearly, golden plum with a sheer, slightly dry finish. I don't really understand the many comparisons to MAC's "O" because that was really unflattering on me and pulled more red and coppery. I don't see any copper undertones in this shade despite the name. If I add Revlon's Super Lustrous lip gloss in Raisin Glaze on top - this gives it a warmer, coppery-pinkish-brown finish. [Yes, all those colours are in there!] I think the pearl finish of this lipstick gives it a more lasting finish, but I tend to negate that by adding gloss as alone it can feel somewhat dry on me. For reference, I have medium brown hair with dark eyes and light/medium skin.

on 12/9/2008 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pretty color in the tube, but I wanted it to show up as more of a berry. It was very purple/brown with copper shimmer. The shimmer I quite liked. But the overall color was too muddy. I was looking for a dash of red that would brighten it up for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

As a pale, yellow-toned redhead, it is hard for me to find plum lipsticks that look good on me. In general, the frostier, cooler, and lighter the shade, the more it just looks ghastly on me. Such was my fate with L'Oreal "Mica" l/s, which I recently tried. I had resigned myself to wearing frost-free, deep plums with some brown to them, but I still like the *idea* of a lighter, frosty plum and thought I would give this one a go as it has "copperglow" in the name.

It is definitely more flattering than Mica or similar shades, probably due to the gold rather than silver shimmer- though there is still a strong purple base. I don't get the comparisons to MAC "O" though- this is cooler and lighter. I am satisfied that I get to wear a frosty plum that doesn't clash with my complexion, though it still looks better on me if I play up my eyes and cheeks. Isn't quite oomphy-enough to light up my bare face. Nice Revlon formulation and packaging, though the perle/frost shades feel a bit gritty and are more drying than the cremes.

on 10/23/2007 8:57:00 PM

I really wanted this to work, as I was looking for a KO of MAC O. But this is cooler, a bit muddier; just doesn't work like MAC O does. O lights up my face, makes my eyes blue, teeth white, and skin glow..this is kind of blah, accentuates ruddiness. It's going back to the store.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Copperglow Berry 470 from revlon is a fantastic find! for those days that lip gloss is not enough color, yet you dont want to look very made up- this is a great 'YLBB' shade, not too cool, not too warm, nice shimmer but not chunks of glitter. the formula has no scent, no taste, i wish it were slightly more glossy, it can feel a bit dry, but it is lipstick not lip balm so it is not a deal breaker for me. the lipstick lasts a while. this works day or night, the perfect shade for me (i'm NC30, brown hair and eyes) if you see it, pic it up!

on 12/12/2006 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a gorgeous color, it make my lips glow and it lasts a very long time. It is one of the very few berry colors I can wear, HG for me