Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

Filtered by age: 30-35
Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh... I don't know what possessed me to buy this lipstick. Berry lips look horrible on me. But the copper in it made me think I could pull it off. I thought it would be in the same family as MAC's "O" or the limited edition "Funbathing." It's by no means a dupe for "O" or even "Funbathing" on my lips. It's purple pinky (a soft berry), "O" is more red. To me it's more similar to "Funbathing" than "O" is, but "Funbathing" is 200% more flattering on me than this lipstick. The copper sparkles make it more interesting than just a plain ol' light berry lipstick, but it wasn't enough warmth to look good on me. But I am one of those women who turns every red lipstick pink. Swatched on my hand the color looks interesting and complex. It probably would look beautiful on someone who has the coloring to pull it off. On me, it's a hot mess.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this is my HG lipstick! I LOVE the color! I am so pleased with how well the color suits me. I have highlighted blonde hair and hazel (lets be honest - brown) eyes. :) And I have pretty fair skin..but still this berry/copper is gorgeous. It doesn't look like too much...it looks good for day or night. I just can't say enough about this. And, I love the pearl effect...it's the shimmery version of the Revlon super lustrous lipsticks. :D

*GREAT* color (medium cool-toned true plum with copper shimmer). It's very high on my personal list of all-time HG lipsticks (most of which have been discontinued). I can put it on with my eyes closed and know that it'll look good. Doesn't need liner, gloss, or another lipstick to make it look just right, like 99% of my other lipsticks do. Definitely more plum/cool than MAC O (at least on me). If I could change one thing about it, I'd make it a little bit more moisturizing, but really, it's so close to perfect, I can't complain. Me: cool toned PPP, dark brunette hair, blue eyes. Note: The Colorstay lipstick in "Dreamy Dusk" is pretty similar, but slightly warmer.

on 10/30/2005 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought L'Oreal's "Color of Hope" LE lipstick and was really bummed at how beigy-pale-pucey-blah it looks against my pale, yellow-toned skin (despite looking YLBB mauve in the tube)... so I was looking in my (embarrassingly extensive) lippie collection and "rediscovered" Copperglow Berry! Hurrah! Now here's an everyday neutral I can get behind. It's a little hard to describe, kind of like MAC "O"... the base color is a beautiful, deep mauve-plum, but there is a soft copper perle swirled throughout that gives lips a glossy glow without detracting from the depth of the plum base color. Complex, soft but not wimpy, pretty, and just the right depth for adding oomph and glow to pale skins. Don't you love "discovering" an HG at the bottom of your makeup bag?