REVLON Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

Filtered by age: 25-29
REVLON Super Lustrous Pearl - Copperglow Berry 470

4.3

on 12/13/2006 11:00:00 AM

I concur with comparisons between this lippy and Mac "O". If you have "O" you know it is a pretty complex color--a mix of brown/bronze, red, and plum. Copperberry Glow has a deeper plum tone in it than "O" and it is beautiful. I imagine this lipstick would be very wearable for a variety of skintones--great drugstore find. I actually think I like this SL formula better than Mac's--more creamy and very pigmented.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

In general, I have been very impressed with Revlon's reformulated Super Lustrous Lipstick, particularly the creams. I too, remember the often unpleasant smell and taste of the old formula (the reason I stopped purchasing Revlon years ago), and these are conspicuously-- and rapturously-- absent!

Copperglow Berry is a Pearl finish, and definitely one of the more unique shades in drugstoreland. It's an unusual neutral plummy-brown with a bit of copper and gold mixed in for complexity and depth. Actually, it's nearly identical MAC 'O' which I also own and love, only a touch more plum. Definitely a color that will work on many different skintones- both warm and cool- and is lovely for everyday wear. I highly recommend this color, and wear it often. I'll probably repurchase when I run out, but since I own this and the MAC version, it will likely be awhile before I'll need to.

Revlon has done a great job with the new lippies! Though I do seem to prefer the creams by far, all of the finishes offer superior quality to any d/s brand I've tried. They are long lasting, moisturizing but never slimy, and provide excellent pigmentation. It's very easy to build up color to the desired level of opacity, and they layer beautifully with glosses or other lipsticks. As far as packaging, I appreciate Revlon's decision to add a see-through top to the tube, allowing one to evaluate the actual shade (hopefully, they will improve on the rack swatches soon!)

on 6/29/2006 3:08:00 PM

This is the only lipstick I have from Revlon's revamped Super Lustrous Lipstick line. I actually liked the formula and colours of the old line, but I disliked the heavy scent and the disastrously cheap packaging. The new version has no scent, the packaging is much less flimsy, and even the formula seems to be improved (not as cakey as the old line was at times).

Copperglow Berry is a lovely rosy berry with warm golden shimmer. On me (NC30-35), it does bear a slight resemblance - it's a bit less rosy/red - to MAC's O, which is one of my HG lipsticks. The lasting power isn't quite as good as MAC's, but Revlon's lipstick is also less drying. Overall, this is a very nice lipstick and when you can get it on sale, it's a super deal. I got mine for CA$4.99.