Ponds bare and repair conditioning eye makeup remover with grapeseed extract and vitamin e [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

This was very popular and highly rated, so I gave it a try. While it did a decent job of getting off my eye makeup, after a few weeks I started seeing some clogged pores around my eyes. Not a good thing. I stopped using it and all gone! It has now been relegated to the back of my medicine cabinet, because for some reason I can't throw it out as it has been d/c.

PERSONAL DESCRIPTION: I have normal to dry skin, depending on various factors (ex.climate). Since I am a teenager, my hormones are constantly erratic. My eye area is especially sensitive so I avoid irritating ingredients. My skin is extremely sensitive and acne prone.

PACKAGING: The bottle is thin and transparent. The cap dispenser is small and hygienic. Overall, the design is very simple and practical.

PRODUCT CLAIMS: Hypoallergenic, Ophthalmologist tested, non-greasy, safe for sensitive skin and contact lens wearer, Vitamin E and grape seed extract maintains moisture and leaves skin feeling firmer

PRICE: The 4.0 fluid ounces (118 mL) originally retailed for $10.99. I purchased this makeup remover from Amazon, the main distributor for this product. This is slightly more expensive compared to most drugstore makeup removers. However, the effectiveness of this product mitigates the cost.

APPLICATION: As instructed, I shook the bottle and dispensed the product on a cotton ball. I use a cotton ball to remove my eyeliner and mascara. I only need a miniscule amount for both eyes. The solution remains effective so I can reuse the product when necessary. After using this product, my face was not dry or irritated. There was no oily residue.

I experimented with various waterproof makeup and the results were extraordinary. My eye area is extremely sensitive and prone to severe allergic reactions. Fortunately, my eye area appears refreshed and moisturized after application. There is no stinging sensation after applying this makeup remover. However, this product has a chemical but unobtrusive scent.

As others have noted, this product is very comparable to Lancmes Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Make-up. Personally, I believe Ponds is more effective and definitely more economical. I have used this product faithfully for 3 years and was mortified when it was discontinued.

OVERALL: Ponds Bare and Repair Conditioning Eye Makeup remover is effective and gentle. Even the most stubborn waterproof makeup will wane. Throughout my experience, I never experienced any allergic reaction or break outs after using this product. Unfortunately, it is no longer available in most retail stores.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I went out of my way to find this and found it on amazon. I'm sorry I looked so hard to find it cause I'm dissatisfied. It works ok on my waterproof eyemakeup but it's slower than others I've tried and it takes more to be effective. Also I've found leftover eyemakeup on my eyes in the morning after what I thought was scrupulous cleansing. I hate the open bottle top--you waste more so this may not be the total bargain everyone goes on about. So let me sum it up: it's impossible to find, i.e., it's discontinued, you use more because it pours out and it takes more to get my makeup off. Not a winner in my book.

on 9/10/2008 1:24:00 AM

I am SO upset that this has been discontinued. I almost bought some from ebay because I loved it so much. I too only got to buy one bottle based on recommendations here and it was the best I have ever used at a great price.
I heard Sephora brand is good. I'll have to try it. My sister had some Chanel eye makeup remover that worked wee but I'm not willing to shell out that kind of cash for eyemakeup remover.

on 5/10/2008 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Sooo extremely upset and disappointed that Ponds discontinued this and have not yet brought it back to the U.S. The first time I purchased this was at Target. Even when it was still around it was difficult to find it in stores. Not all Targets carried it and those that did ran out quickly. Before trying this product I was using Neutrogena's oil-free eye makeup remover. It did okay but I wanted something that was more effective and gentle at taking off my waterproof mascara. Because Ponds discontinued theirs I went back to using Neutrogena..for now. With Neutrogena I have to soak a cotton ball and leave it on my eye for 5 seconds or longer and then rub to get most of my mascara off. Afterwards, I wash my face, but I always see remnants of black mascara under my eye which means Neutrogena does not take all of my mascara off. With Ponds I didn't have to soak the cotton ball and it just melted all of my waterproof mascara off of my lashes AND somehow made the skin around my eyes soft and supple and moisturized perfectly. I'm considering if I should buy a few bottles from Amazon.com. Even though $9.99 is still a pretty good price for one bottle, it's twice the price that it was at Target. **update** Try Sonia Kashuk's Eye Makeup Remover from Target!! It's a wonderful alternative to Pond's and it comes in a larger bottle!

on 5/5/2008 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this today and i must say when I came online I was surprised to see it was discontinued to some extent. Or maybe just in the USA. It is so easy to find it here. I must say I love it. It removed all my waterproof mascara and I used to have a problem taking off long lasting lip color. This removes it in no time. will definitely repurchase.

on 1/29/2008 4:03:00 PM

Maybe if enough of us who loved and miss this discontinued product contact Ponds, they will bring it back. Since I used up my last bottle, I have tried several other eye makeup removers and they all pale in comparison. So, ladies, let's all petition Ponds to revive this.

on 1/5/2008 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I Loved this product. In fact i called Ponds, and YES they no longer make it. SO I am back to this site, to find a replacement. ANy ideas?? Regardless, PONDS should bring this back!!!

BEST EVER!!! PONDS BRING BARE and REPAIR BACK!!! I've tried the others, but none are like ponds!

on 4/23/2008 9:26:00 PM

I'm sad I only got to experience this product once (after reading the reviews here) before it was discontinued.

It was seriously the strongest yet most gently eye make up remover on the market. I think Neutrogena's eye makeup remover is a bit of a monopoly because it seems to be the only one available in every store........
BRING IT BACK