Caress Daily Silkening bar

Caress Daily Silkening bar

4.5

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate , Stearic Acid , Sodium Tallowate or Sodium Palmitate , Lauric Acid , Water , Sodium Isethionate , Sodium Stearate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Fragrance , Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate , Sodium Chloride , Prunus Persica Fruit Extract , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Flower Extract , Hydrolyzed Silk , Propylene Glycol , Tetrasodium EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , BHT , Red 4 (CI 14700) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Yellow 6 (CI 15985) , Yellow 10 (CI 47005)

on 2/24/2016 2:45:00 PM

What don't I love about this?
Nothing.
I was getting tired of body washes because they seemed watery and ran out quickly. One bar of this lasts forever. No melting, little breaking, and maintains shape. At first, the lather doesn't happen--but once you sort of get it started, the bubbles are foamy, rich, and super-cleansing. If you're used to creamy body washes, this will feel unusual. Your skin may need to adjust. However, you'll feel CLEAN. It's great for face too. I think beauty bars contain fewer fillers, so this pure clean sensation is refreshing. You can also take it on planes without being asked to discard as it's a solid.
Now the fragrance: I love it! It's not fruity and it's not floral. Just fresh. My skin loves this soap experience. Nice break from liquid washes!
EDIT: Returned briefly to body wash because I wanted a change and was worried that the soapy residue on my tub was also on my skin. Well, I went back to Caress tonight---I have a monster bad cold and needed a hot shower--and I'm glad I did because I really missed the fragrance. I think the gunk is just from leaving the bar in the shower instead of putting it back on a soap tray. I have to travel next month and this is going to make it so much easier. Soap takes little space, adds no weight, and I can keep it in my carry-on.
I'm sitting here under a warm blanket loving the heavenly scent which lingers on my skin. I feel soft and clean.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The scent was pleasant not heavy or too strong.
I liked it ok just not a favorite of mine.
I was not blown away by this soap I found it to be pretty average.
It cleansed well but I would not call it silkening.
Overall it was ok but I probably will not buy for our home again.

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/19/2015 11:49:00 PM

I've been using caress peach&orange blossoms bar soap for ever&I just love it&because I have sensitive skin I find this is the only soap I can use, well I can use oatmeal soap( but no clean smelling scent).Also I remember when caress first came out I was hooked&I never use body washes but found that caress body wash is great for a bubble bath&a shave cream.&it makes my skin so soft &fresh smelling.I dont need any body lotion...., I also use it to wash my face every day&to wash make up off.my face is soft&smooth.&I only use peach&orange blossoms.

on 8/31/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

About 15 years ago, I really enjoyed this soap. It was creamy and had a wonderful fragrance. Then I became a fan of Dove. Lately, I've been sick of the Dove fragrances, so I just decided to try Caress again, and I was SO disappointed. Something happened to this. It's not as creamy, and it stinks to me. It's scent has change and it's a lot stronger. It literally flared up my asthma...and I'm not the only one! I was reading reviews on Amazon and it flared up other's asthma as well. The one I bought is called, White Peach and Silky Orange Blossom. There's another version called, White Peach and Blend of Silk Blossom...which I believe is the original version. It's too bad it changed, and I don't think for the better. I won't be buying this again.

on 7/15/2014 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This and Dove are the only two bar soaps I use. Never dries out my skin and smells so good. Whenever these are in the larger packs and on sale, I stock up big time. Anything Caress is great, but this particular scent is divine!!!

on 6/23/2014 4:10:00 PM

Good Basic soap.
I use it just for the smell (heavenly!)
I only use this in the shower. After rinsing off, it can be a bit drying for the skin. I HAVE to use lotion after cleansing with this soap.

It contains sulfates, so its a bit drying.
For that reason alone I don't use it on my face.

Its a tiny bar that you get. The price isn't bad. I usually buy the packs where you get 4 soaps in one. It doesn't last very long though (compared to Yardley soap and Shea Moisture soaps, and these soaps i use for body, and face)

Love this for the scent. My go to summer soap :)

on 12/25/2013 7:00:00 PM

My review is for the caress silk bar in white peach and silky orange blossom. This is the bar soap i use for both my face and body. I even prefer this over dove! I would normally wash my face in the morning with this and in the night use my noxema anti blemish scrub, and my face feels great overall, much better than it has been the past months. So happy with this simple soap! Does not clog my pores or make me breakout. My skin is silky and smooth. Feelin' groovy.

One of those great, tried and true basics that won't let you down. Super-rich, bubbly lather, leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. Great for shaving. And the scent. It's just heavenly. The essence of pure, clean femininity. And it's dirt cheap if you purchase in a Costco multipack. If you remember this fondly from your youth or you've never tried but wanted to, you won't be sorry.

on 6/30/2013 8:57:00 AM

This product is amazing. I'm from the Philippines, which is a tropical country. We only have two seasons- summer and rainy... Our skin doesn't actually require heavily moisturized soaps since it tend to make our skin oily especially during the summer. A lot of people here shy away from this kinds of soap because it is one of those that seem to cling on the skin no matter how much we wash it off... But a lot of you might be surprised because I have been using this product since I was 16yrs old- (I'm 30yrs old now)..never left the Phils., and until now, I still get a lot of compliments from people telling me I have great skin--glowing and so fair! I dont know how but it made my skin really lovely! I also have friends who tried using this and somehow after using it for awhile their morena skin became lighter. So Im never ever gonna use another product even if it is a bit costly here 95php (2.15$)/ bar! It smells really good too and it stays on the skin for hours!

on 2/18/2013 10:58:00 AM

my fav soap, smells good, makes your skin so soft, love it