Revlon ColorStay OverTime Lipcolor in Perpetual Pink

No Image

2.3

on 6/23/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I hate the color. I thought it would be the same color pink as the outside of the container but its pink with shimmery (gold?) flecks in it, looks a bit browner than the pink on the bottle. Gross.

on 5/16/2010 7:50:00 PM

The color was too bright for me, I picked up because I thought I would try pink for summer.The pink side settled in the lines on my lips and the gloss side was grainy. flaked soon after drying. definite disappointment.

on 12/21/2007 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to love this...I love timeless nude. But, for some reason, this color makes my lips completely flakey and dry, and the color doesn't last nearly as long. I love the pinky color, but once it starts the flaking, it's disgusting. Will not repurchase this color...timeless nude is still my HG, though.

on 2/2/2009 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this color was horrible, it clumped on my lips and dried splotchy and it was a very fake pink sparkly- not good for my cool coloring.

on 12/23/2009 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm NC25 asian with medium to pigmented lips, for reference. This color is a creamy pink with gold shimmer, and i think it looks similar to Rimmel lipstick in Airy Fairy, but with less fusia in it. Both shows up similar on me, with exception of Airy Fairy being far more fusia looking on me than Perpetual Pink.

The application is very easy and smooth. it's easy to spread and blend until it dries. Once it dries, however, that's when a lot of people start to have problems. It is very dry and if left alone, will probably flake or pile into little clumps on your lips. eww!

however after a bit of experimentation, I think the best application is to apply a very thin later (still very pigmented), wait until it completely dries, then apply a WAX based lipbalm. So no Rosebud Salve please! I'm using a home made one bought at work that has sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, and bees wax. The wax provides a layer of protection between the color and the outside, and provide moisture for your lips. This means it'll less likely to flake and fall off on you. Not sure how well this lasts against eating/drinking, but iv'e been drinking since i applied this and it hasn't come off.

I personally rather like this. If you want a quick and dirty lipcolor to be used when running late, this is probably not it.

note i ahven't used the gloss side yet, not sure how well that side works. but i would think you should use the wax balm over the liquid lipstick first before applying the gloss, to ensure it wont' flake/clump. :3

EDIT: I take it back, use the gloss that came with it! it is sticky, but it glides smoothly over the dried lip color and made it much easier to manage. :O

I like a lot the colour! It's a little darker than my lips so I wear it with lustrous shine that pink to make it darker. It has not dried my lips at all. I would buy it again

on 2/24/2007 11:00:00 PM

Wow, I can't believe the negative ratings this has been getting! This was my HG shade for the longest time (I have since started wearing less lipstick and more lipgloss though). I have like 5 of these because I used out all of the lip color but still have the clear top coat left (there are better glosses out there). You have to use lip balm before you put this stuff on as it is very drying, and yes there is sometimes some flaking BUT that's natural... your lips flake naturally throughout the day what with the dead skin cells and all. Anyway, this gets 4 lippies from me for the color alone.

on 4/3/2007 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Not a pleasant lipstick at all. The lipcolor goes unevenly on my lips and is extremely drying, as some of the previous reviewers have said. The color itself looks pretty in the tube, but it turns brownish on my lips. The glossy top coat, however, is quite decent, but quite useless by itself. Will be sticking to Max Factor Lipfinity, for the time being, if I need a good liquid lipcolor that stays all day.

on 7/27/2005 1:03:00 PM

At first I liked the color when I first applied it. Then it dried. I applied the clear lipgloss over it for shine and moisture and proceeded to test it out for durability by kissing my boyfriend. That's when the fiasco began. After maybe 10 seconds of kissing, the clear gloss had transferred completely to his lips. Not good news for my lips. The color was dry again, and incredibly gritty, it felt like sand on my lips. The color then took on a "chunky" sort of form, which terrified me because I was desperately trying to rub the color off with my finger and then with tissue...I thought that the first layer of my lip was being removed. I don't know if it was an allergic reaction or just a horrible product, but nontheless, I immediately reached for my Neutrogena Honey Rescue Balm and began ferociousely applying to minimize the damage and keep what lip I had left. After this my lips were puffy and I looked like I had been beaten about the mouth. Thank goodness for the honey rescue balm, I marinated my lips in it all night and they feel much better.

Do not buy this. It's awful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is horrible, stay far away (especially if you have sensitive skin/lips)! The color looks cute in the tube, but applies so unevenly, it appears on the lips as dry streaks of chalky pink with clumps of glitter. The glossy is runny and takes off half the original lip color when you stroke it on. Then, this is supposed to be long-wearing, but comes off right away. On top of not looking good or even doing its job of staying on, it's terribly drying and irritated my lips despite being on only a short time. Even though it's more money, I would rather get Chanel Rouge Double Intensite.