Neal's Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm

4.5

Not tested on animals

Rosa canina (Wild rose) seed oil*, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil*, Cera alba (Beeswax)*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea butter)*, Cannabis sativa (Hemp) seed oil*, Borago officinalis (Starflower) seed oil*, Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) flower oil*, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil*, Boswellia carterii (Frankincense) oil, Cymbopogon martini (Palmarosa) herb oil*, Pogostemon cablin (Patchouli) leaf oil*, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, Citral, Citronellol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.*Organically produced ingredient.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

My skin loves this product which is a shame because my nose hates it. Woah it's scent is strong, there's a lot of patchouli in there. On the plus side, it keeps flies and bitey insects at bay, alas DH gives me a wide berth too. However I persevere because my skin laps it up. A devoted cleansing balm user, it outdoes Eve Lom, Emma Hardie et al. I've used them all. This product leaves my skin clean, nourished, even toned, blemish free (I know.......a miracle) and marks from cystic acne have faded. It would be perfect if I could just do something about the stench.........

I've been using this for about two weeks now and I have to say, this is the best overnight treatment. I use this as my nightime moisturizer/overnight mask. I have dehydrated and sensitive skin and usually whenever I use any rich moisturizer I'll get oil seeds. This product doesn't give me that and I woke up every morning with a plump and soft skin. It's too soon to tell, but so far I've been loving it and looking forward to use it everyday.

i got a sample of this product and have tried it twice now! Once as a face balm and the second time as a night moisturizer!

I have combination skin and I Loved what it did to my skin. I generally try and avoid using foundation as an everyday thing and stick to tinted moisturizers and those too just around the cheek area! But after using this twice, I didn't feel the need to even use my tinted moisturizer! and it smells so lovely- I actually slept a lot better. Definitely going to go back and purchase the product!

Love Neal's yards products ❤️

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I've lost track of the amount of times I have repurchased this wonder product and I use it on everything, as a face mask, cleanser, night balm, cuticle cream, foot balm and hair mask to name a few.

The pot is easy to manage and I find that a small amount pulled out of the pot, rubbed between two fingers for a couple of seconds and then massaged into the face and neck is more than enough. A pot will last me for 6-9 months and I alternate it every night with my Neal's Yard rose oil.

The scent is strong, but not unpleasant, like Turkish Delight. The balm absorbs quickly and doesn't leave me greasy in the mornings - it actually helps to regulate the amount of oil my skin produces during the day. I am prone to breakouts around my period and this balm helps to control that and has also evened out my skin tone, reducing redness in my cheeks and has reduced dry patches on my forehead and around my mouth. As a result I actually use less foundation which is also helping my skin to breathe,

As a facemask you can apply it and then add heat with the muslin cloth that comes with it for 5 minutes or so, then take off the mask to exfoliate. It removes waterproof makeup quite easily as well.

This is a staple in my beauty routine and well worth the money.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this but unfortunately there are two big issues for me...to begin with it smells strong and medicinal... A penetrating hearbal scent that lingers a lot if you use it as a moisturiser. As a cleansing balm it breaks me, 2-3 pimples if I use it 2 nights in a row, AND it performs averagely when compared to cleansing balms such as Take the day off, Emma Hardie's (the very best out there), the Body Shop's or even to plain coconut oil by dr. Organic. It is gritty, which I don't mind, cleanses so and so, leaves a greasy film, and it irritates my skin, leaving it neither refreshed nor smooth. I always follow with a second cleanser but with this balm I feel it is not enough.
..it ended as a very expensive foot balm....but even then the scent is so overwhelming...

Absolutely in love with this product!

Have been using this for a couple of months as a balm cleanser at night (after my usual make up removal routine) and as a moisturizer in the morning. Love the texture as it just melts on your face and makes you super soft and plump.
I have dry sensitive skin and my face absorbes the balm in just a few minutes.

I also love the scent which is quite heavy and "herb-y", but those who are sensitive to strong scents should def not even try this since I find it lingers for quite a while after you use it.

Will repurchase for sure!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Just this minute ordered my second pot! John Lewis often do better prices than anywhere else on this!!
I have been using this for a few months now and i am completely in love with it!

This is a balm which i use as a moisturizer, It smells very mediciny and herbal (I personally love the smell as i find it relaxing) i know others dislike the smell as it is quite over powering.
It goes on well and melts into your skin as you massage it in. A little goes a long way.

Some people dont like the pot packaging as they feel it is unhygienic to keep dipping into the product.. I wash my hands before i use it so no problem there! :)

My partner has started using this also as he has seen how well my skin loves it! He never uses skincare!!! WOW!

I apply this several times a day although that's just because i love it so much.. I have been using this alongside Alpha H Liquid Gold (a few times a week) and these two compliment each other so well.. All my old dark acne marks have disappeared and my skin constantly feels smooth!

Many people have commented on how good my skin looks.

I will continue buying this as long as they keep making it!!

I'm a huge fan of balm cleansers, but this hasn't replaced Eve Lom as my all-time favourite. The scent is more herbal than floral, giving it a slightly medicinal feel, and the texture is very very thick, requiring quite a bit of warming before it becomes oily enough to massage in. As you'd expect from a balm, it's non-drying, leaving skin soft and noticeably plumped; what it doesn't do - for me - is address any issues of redness.

This popular product from neals yard comes in a few uses; cleanser, moisturiser and leave on mask. I've never used this as a cleanser but tried it as a moisturiser instead. It is packaged in a screw off glass jar and is formulated in a balm texture. You'll need to scrap off a decent amount of the balm upon usage. I warm this with my fingertips before tapping across my face as a night time moisturiser. I find it to be incredibly rich and might only suit very dry skin or those living in winter countries.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted so much to like this! But it made me break out.. Like all Neal's yard things, it had a lovely smell, but very subtle effects.

Top Rated Skincare