Instyle Fragrance

4.1

on 6/8/2016 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Tl;dr: Be sure to try these before you buy them, some are better imitations than others. Also, keep in mind that these cost just $12 a pop, $6 if you catch one of Walgreens's frequent sales. So don't be surprised if they don't smell exactly like a $80+ perfume. Heavenly smelled bad, Romance smelled okay but not much like the original, and Flowerbomb was surprisingly good, if not as complex as the original.

I bought their versions of VS Heavenly, Ralph Lauren Romance, and Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb.

The Heavenly dupe was the worst one, it smelled only vaguely of my bottle of the original fragrance and there was a strange underlying odor that was decidedly unpleasant. The underlying smell (the base notes, maybe?) were very similar to body odor: musky and stale-smelling. I really didn't like it. To be fair, before trying this fragrance myself I had read very good things about it online. It could have just been a poor reaction between the fragrance and my own body chemistry, but it definitely wasn't a smell I wanted emanating from me, and I returned the bottle immediately.

The Romance dupe wasn't half bad, it was definitely a floral fragrance and didn't produce the foul body odor note that Heavenly had on my skin. It was reminiscent of, but not terribly similar to the original fragrance. I would describe it as a very generic floral fragrance without much depth. It smelled like a bunch of unidentifiable flowers mixed together. Not unpleasant, just not as close to Romance as I had hoped.

The best of all was their take on Flowerbomb. They didn't get it to smell exactly like the original, but they got pretty close and I was happy with this one. I would say the main difference between this dupe and Viktor and Rolf's original fragrance is the downplayed patchouli note. Flowerbomb has more patchouli in it than Instyle's version does. So this ended up smelling very strongly of amber, with just a hint of flowerbomb's complex character. I don't smell much, if any of the florals present in Flowerbomb either. Still smells nice, but not as intoxicating and intriguing as the original Flowerbomb. But an inexperienced nose taking just a cursory whiff might mistake this for Flowerbomb.

on 2/24/2016 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Decent dupe but very weak – I purchased the Viva La Juicy dupe of this brand and the smell is very close to the original. I got the 2.5 oz. bottle for $5 as it was on sale. The fragrance is almost the same but very, very weak. I don’t expect it to be exactly the same for this price but it only lasts about 20 minutes on me because I have dry skin. You would be better off to purchase the real VLJ considering it would last a lot longer.

To Read all 70 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have the instyle versions of EL Pleasures & VS Love Spell. Dead on ringers! But let me warn u there are some duds like D&G Light Blue & Flowerbomb are headache inducing & rarely do fragrances do that to me plus the D&G had a very sharp citrus kitchen cleanser note not sure what I can say about Flowerbomb except it was a hot mess! I returned the Flowerbomb/D&G the next day. I had ordered them blind off walgreens .com but I want the Bombshell one! The EL I've had forever & it hasn't turn'd u know like old perfumes ESP cheap ones can do. I have 1/3 of the bottle left. These seriously last forever. Somexs they will do BOGOF which is a good deal coz I'm a perfume whore I wear evthing from EL to Bonne Bell Skin Musk to VS/B&BW all evthing in between! I've had more $$$ perfumes too like Chanel/Dior but I'm not saying this is gonna smell good to ev1, some will discern almost imperceptible differences between dupe & original that are bothersome/headache inducing. Tl;dr: some are super gr8, a few duds thrown in there. Use caution in blind buys (keep ur invoice).

on 6/11/2015 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

I got the trio set with Daisy, Light Blue, and Cashmere Mist. Light Blue and Daisy both gave me intense headaches and smelled so awful that I didn't try Cashmere mist. I like both real Daisy and Light Blue...the price is right on these, but the formulation is headache-inducing. I had a headache for the rest of the day! Be warned!! I will be returning these ASAP.

on 5/19/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Bought the Impression of Victoria's Secret Bombshell today and it's just lovely!! The beginning notes are pleasantly fresh and yummy fruity and the dry down is a darling floral - very beautiful. This really does smell similar to Bombshell - mind you, it's not trying to be Bombshell, but it certainly makes that impression!
I also sampled Angel - it was right on the money! Less in your face, though - so it really could be worn daily! And Burberry Brit, was very nice too, but I can by a huge bottle for less than $40. Flowerbomb was completely the BOMB! I'm impressed by the impression! It'll be my next buy. Opium was outstanding - couldn't tell the difference from the real stuff! There was another one from Victoria's Secret....Love Spell? It was very body mist scented, probably best after a shower :)
I'm definitely great with the fragrances! The bottles aren't the greatest, but they are good enough for my vanity tray along with the rest of them that I'll collect :)

on 3/18/2015 10:19:00 PM

I have this perfume of the VS Bombshell impression version & omg this perfume is the bomb. I smelled the original VS bombshell at the VS store and loved it but I didn't want to spend so much money on the perfume because I know I will be buying it alot so I needed a cheaper alternative which wouldn't hurt my wallet if I did buy a lot of it. This smells EXACTLY Like the original bombshell. I am not really a fan of the VS scents because they are all pretty much the same fruity and sweet smells but omg this bombshell one is so fresh and feminine. I ended up buying the Instyle versio of it and I loveeeeee it. It is so cheap!!!! I will definitely be buying this over & over.

UPDATE: So I bought the Chanel Chance by Instyle Fragrance also because I love the original chanel one. I heard other people say this smells really good and just like the original one so I ordered online. Um well let's say I'm not much of a fan of the smell of the chanel chance version. It smells like old people to me. I love the original chanel one. I'll be returning chance tendre for another one (maybe daisy by marc jaobs because I love the original one also) & give my update on it after :)

So I ended up buying the Burberry Britt for women. It smells sooo good!!! I wante the Daisy by Marc Jacobs but it smelled pretty much the same as the chanel chance and I hated it. It gave me a headache. But I love the burberry one!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Nice selection/variety. The scent doesn't last long at all, maybe an hour or two. My Victoria Secret and B&BW body splashes last much longer. I'd have to carry a bottle around with me, which isn't practical. Though it's a great bargain as opposed to buying the real thing, I wouldn't repurchase. I'll just bite the bullet and buy the name brand next time.

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Bombshell and ed hardy
Loveeeeee

on 11/15/2014 9:25:00 AM

I have the impression of Victorias Secret Bombshell and also the Light Blue. I love these, and plan to purchase more from this line. They smell so nice, it's hard to believe how low the price is!

on 10/12/2014 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SELECTED FRAGRANCE: viva la juicy

PROS

- smells like the original

CONS

- staying power

COMMENTS: I've used the original and they definitely do smell the same. I'm a huge fan of Juicy Couture fragrances, so I was happy to see a cheaper option. The amount you get for the price is great, so I'm not afraid to reapply as needed. The bottle could look better, but it'll definitely do the trick.

Will repurchase.