Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

4.6

on 10/9/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A decent, creamy eye pencil with a nice dark brown tone, but too metallic for my aging eyelid skin. For you younger beauties, a reasonably priced eye pencil.

on 11/9/2014 11:49:00 PM

the best eyeliner! finally smudge-free clean eyes!

To Read all 114 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a beautiful copper brown that glides very easily. I LOVE the shade since I have copper red hair. This shade also looks really nice layered with a darker glittery brown shadow on top to make a smokey brown eye.

I took 1 lippie off because:
-When I sharpen this, I tend to lose a lot of product (it's so soft it breaks off easily)
-It sometimes smudges too easily or doesn't have the same lasting power as other shades of Cream Shapers I have purchased

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!!! My favorite! I'm more of a brown liner than black liner girl. It looks amazing with my brown hair and medium toned skin. It doesn't minimize eye size unlike black liner and delivers a defined but not super intense eye. I have the quickliner in brown too but I like this better. It's creamier and it has slight shimmer which is very beautiful. I have absolutely no problems with this liner. It also stays on forever!

on 9/20/2013 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My favorite liner

on 3/5/2013 4:25:00 PM

I have tried so many pencil eyeliners before. I have greasy eyelids and my eyes are quite sensitive to sunlight; everything else I tried did not last me more than 15 minutes! This eyeliner came in a pack along with a Clinique mascara and anti-puff for undereyes and the pack was only 15 Euros during Christmas discount. This is literally the only eyeliner that do not run and stays put. Expensive but considering the lenght it stays put; I will definitely buy again!

on 1/8/2013 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This one of my favorite eyeliners. I've tried Clinique's Quick Liner for eyes and it just doesn't have the staying power and "melts" to give me raccoon eyes. Cream Shaper is really the only eyeliner I've used that stays put. It will run just a bit if you're very active (like playing sports) or squinting a lot (at least on me). It will wipe off, but not totally. It does take a good scrub with make up remover to totally remove. I also really like that its a bit shimmery and easy to smudge so I can either make a defined line or a bit of a smokey eye. It goes on very smooth as well. The only complaint I have is that if you wear eyeliner everyday or several times a week that it goes kinda fast. Plus, some of it gets wasted each time your sharpen it. Overall, I am very pleases with this eyeliner and will continue to buy it.

on 5/7/2012 9:27:00 PM

Great eyeliner. Literally lasts all day, no smudging or leaking. I like to wear my eyeliner quite heavy and this does the job. The colour is not quite as shimmery as i expected, more of a matte brown in my opinion. Looks far more natural than using black eyeliner.

Only criticism - it takes several coats and layers before the colour shows up on the waterline. I often have to coat it on over and over but once i do this, it stays on all day. It's almost too good that I struggle to get it all off with makeup remover. I managed to get two pencils for $20 on Ebay, making it great value for money. Overall, best eyeliner i have used thus far.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is my favorite eyeliner! The color is great and doesn't smudge even on my very oily lids. I wear this liner all day, without a primer, and I never have to reapply. It soft for a pencil liner and doesn't tug at my skin and is easy to remove at the end of the day. The one downside is that it does not always sharpen very well.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am a big fan of Clinique products. Brown lustre is a rich chocolate brown with gold and bronze shimmer in it. It looks a bit too reddish against my very fair skin though. Staying power is pretty good, lasts most of the day. It is not as smooth and creamy as I would like. I really like gel eyeliners better because they glide over the eye area, reducing tugging on the delicate eye lid area.