Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

4.6

This is a my lips but better colour lipstick. Despite what a previous reviewer said, I am nowhere near olive skin toned - I have the fairest skin of anyone I know but I DO have very dark brown eyes and hair, so anyone with fairer hair it may not suit. some shades it says online will suit fair skin tones do not suit me because of my dark hair and eyes I think (light pink does not suit, makes me look washed out).
The actual lipstick stick is not my favourite. It is a bit big. It is of the slanted top variety. I was surprised that when I tried it in without a mirror it wasn't smudged much over my lipline though, so it's something I could get used to. Packaging doesn't look cheap (or expensive).
I Would rate this higher if for the fact that it doesn't have a frost finish. I find that a bit old fashioned but the main issue I have is frosty makes me look a bit paler and takes away from the lip colour.
I tried it on without any make up on. It is slightly darker than my lips but I was told I could get away with wearing it with no make up on. Not sure about that, but some eyeliner, mascara and possibly just a little bit of eyeshadow would balance it out a bit (I really do need to cover my spots, but I am talking about being able to wear it on its own due to its colour).
As others have said, the shade is hard to describe. I really don't know what the 'sherry' is referring to - I would assume that to be beigey or brown. When I swatched it on my hand it is pink-maybe rosy pink/mauve/hint of red. It doesn't look frosty on back of my hand but does on my lips. If it wasn't frosty I would rate it much higher. I have not been able to find a lipstick of this shade without the frost/shimmer- please let me know if you do! I actually thought when I was wearing it that it was darker than it looks in many online pictures so be aware of this.
Lasting power I can't say for sure as I have only tried it twice but pretty good but could be better for a long lasting lipstick. 3hrs I'd say.
As a rule I prefer creamy lipsticks+glosses but I know this kind don't seem to last.

on 10/19/2012 12:52:00 AM

This is the only color that I never get sick of --- a go-to color for all seasons that makes me neglect almost all other lipsticks in my collection --- and with good reason. If there's such a thing as a lip color that can be all things to all people, this comes really, really close. It goes with anything and is appropriate for all occasions.

The first time I applied this shade it was so different from what I was used to seeing --- at that time Avon's Ultra Color Rich "Cozy Mauve" --- that I didn't know what to make of it. But it didn't take long before I realized that what was "different" is that it offered everything those other lip colors never quite become: it's reddish, coral, rosy, pink and mauve all wrapped up into one. It has a faint coppery sheen to it, without any chunks of glitter. As amazing as the color itself, is the feel. Rimmel's Lasting Finish line, particularly the pearl/satin shades, offers an ultra silky, soothing-as-lip-balm feel with the lasting power that most lipsticks that feel moisturizing fail to deliver.

My only concern with "Drop of Sherry" is that the color is no longer offered in any drugstore, Target or Walmart that carries the Rimmel line in my area as of this date. The Rimmel lipstick line is presently heavy on the "Moisture Renew" formula in the bulky, square purple tubes. Those don't offer much more moisture than the original "Lasting Finish" formula yet slip off all that faster (in my experience the faster a lipstick slips off the more drying it actually tends to be no matter how they initially feel). Anyhow, the one color I tried in Rimmel's Moisture Renew line, "Latino", didn't look anything like it did in the tube when I applied it --- it went on much paler with a frosty white sheen --- which makes me wonder why Rimmel is encroaching on the higher-quality "Lasting Finish" product line that was already about as close to perfection as a drugstore cosmetic line can get.

There are only about five lip colors that I've been hugely disappointed to see discontinued from Revlon and others over the years and this, Rimmel's "Drop of Sherry" (#58), is in my top three. If you, too, are a fan, let Rimmel and your favorite retail store managers know that you want to see this shade back on the shelf!

on 2/6/2011 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is like a mix between, reddish rose. Its shimmery and if you apply too much, it can look very metallic. It looks very pretty on, and definatly makes your lips stand out. My only gripe is that when this fades, the shimmer is left and it can be a little overwhelming. Overall, its still a very pretty color.

I adore this lipstick! It is a beautiful deep pinky-red colour with some goldeny shimmers that can be applied heavily for an intense bright look or lightly dotted on for a natural look!

I have very pigmented lips, and this lipstick is basically just a slightly intensified version of them, so it looks super natural but bright on me! I love lightly applying this and then applying a coat of clear shimmery lipgloss! It looks cute and sexy, and really awesome!

I wear this practically every day (this with a lipgloss, or just the gloss) and it makes my lips look juicy and vibrant! And it is finally a nice pinky colour that works for warm skintones/yellow undertones! Also, the formula is moisturizing, creamy, and down right perfection! Go buy it!!!

Yay! Perfect Lipstick!

on 4/19/2010 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is a gorgeous color to make your lips take center stage without being overtly dramatic (such as the infamous red lipstick!) this shade is a bright (not shocking bright) deep pink with a hint red with fine shimmer that isn't noticable. It's a very flirty, "come-hither" shade that when used with lightly flushed rosy cheeks, some eye liner and long lush lashes, makes you look sexy sweet but approachable.The formula is moisturizing and keeps my lips soft and the colour endurance is impressive.It does fade greatly with meals, but it leaves a pretty soft pink shade to lips at the end.

on 2/15/2010 10:48:00 PM

This is my signature lip color. It's a beautiful coral-reddish-pink that looks amazing on my warm skin tone. I haven't been able to find any other shade that comes as close to this one. I've been wearing this shade for four years now and will continue to wear it!

on 12/17/2009 9:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just bought this lipstick today, its my first time trying rimmel lipsticks and I LOVE this colour. Its kind of red and pink at the same time but most definitely wearable as its not so shocking or bright! I was a little hesitant on the colour thinking it was too bright but the colour really does brighten ur face. Not to shiny, not too matte but PERFECT!
Wore it at work today over a lip balm and put a gloss over it - I probably should've waited a minute or so before applying gloss coz it only lasted about 2 hours BUT it had only slighlty faded! After reapplying my lips looked a little dry..
I will continue to repurchase.. But will have to figure out its staying power properly!
Love this colour and love the price!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love, Love, Love this lipstick! Someone hit it on the nail when they said it was a subtle red with a hint of hot pink! The perfect sweet & girly color. I'm African American with light brown skin and this has become my signature lip color. It has great staying power and really pops with a nice gloss. I only put one layer on top&bottom lip.
Im in Love :)

on 1/26/2009 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

i bought this after swatching it at the back of my hand. its pretty.
Color:
its red color with a hint of pink
Texture:
smooth and creamy. but not as creamy as my Rimmel in Bordeaux.
i like it.
Price: Dirt cheap. Rimmel is like the cheapest d/s brand in my country.
Packaging: its in a purple duochrome tube with a crown logo embossed on top. its cute. =)
Would i buy this again? nope, i want to try other colors. this is a glam shade but not over the top, just nice.=)

on 12/24/2008 11:34:00 AM

My mom got it as a gift from my sis and the first time i tried it, I am in love with it. Red without being too red, looks great on my cool asian skin tone. Very cheap and I love the coconuty pinacolada smell. Not too strong for me. Now I am going to purchase one for myself.

I have Airy Fairy and Velocity Gloss..I am in love with Rimmel lip products. :)