Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

strange crazy good kind of colour, and VERY hard to describe. Definitely an "English Rose" kind of look. Let's call it a rose, but one that is deep enough to be classed with the berry tones, yet warm enough that I can wear it. I'm around a NC20 or warm toned pale skinned redhead.

This is almost cool toned on me. At first I was going to return it. It seemed to have a true fuschia pink cast to it, and the shimmer is silvery.

BUT

then after 20 minutes it was looking like a lovely rose shade, and like nothing else I own. It warmed up enough that it looked really good on me. My lips didn't stand out like they would if I wore a blue red or a blue pink. They looked natural only better.

But it isn't exactly a MLBB colour. It's not a nude, and I wouldn't put it with the brown toned pinks but it's extremely wearable.

And comfortable on the lips. Mine are dry and flaky, so the fact that this feels moisturizing is another plus.

Leaves a nice stain as it wears off. Wear time is medium, average, neither long (in spite of the name) or short.

It's going in my permanent collection.

I hate ugly lipstick tubes, and this is ugly, but the lipstick itself is worth putting up with the packaging.

UPDATED to add: I tried the Kate lipstick line from Rimmel, and they gave me a rash, but this one never has.

I hope they keep the old formulation going here, the formula and the colour are terrific.

This remains a go to lipstick when I want a warm rosy berry toned red that suits my warm but pale redhead style skin. It and Nectarine by Estee Lauder are reds that look red but never shocking on my face. Kind of a quiet red.

on 6/10/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Walgreens had a huge sale on Rimmel and I had a coupon stash so I loaded up on their products. It's a good thing I got stuff so cheaply because most of it (besides one lipstick and the mascara) didn't work for me.

This color looked so pretty in the package, but it made me look like a hooker when I wore it during the day. It almost had a clown color to it. It had poor lasting quality and it gave my lips a dry flakiness over the course of the day. This might be pretty if your coloring is different or maybe if I had been wearing something special to showcase this color.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am so glad I purchased this! I love this color so much! It is super pretty and shimmery. This color is great to wear with natural eyes!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love, Love, Love this lipstick! Someone hit it on the nail when they said it was a subtle red with a hint of hot pink! The perfect sweet & girly color. I'm African American with light brown skin and this has become my signature lip color. It has great staying power and really pops with a nice gloss. I only put one layer on top&bottom lip.
Im in Love :)