Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

This is a my lips but better colour lipstick. Despite what a previous reviewer said, I am nowhere near olive skin toned - I have the fairest skin of anyone I know but I DO have very dark brown eyes and hair, so anyone with fairer hair it may not suit. some shades it says online will suit fair skin tones do not suit me because of my dark hair and eyes I think (light pink does not suit, makes me look washed out).
The actual lipstick stick is not my favourite. It is a bit big. It is of the slanted top variety. I was surprised that when I tried it in without a mirror it wasn't smudged much over my lipline though, so it's something I could get used to. Packaging doesn't look cheap (or expensive).
I Would rate this higher if for the fact that it doesn't have a frost finish. I find that a bit old fashioned but the main issue I have is frosty makes me look a bit paler and takes away from the lip colour.
I tried it on without any make up on. It is slightly darker than my lips but I was told I could get away with wearing it with no make up on. Not sure about that, but some eyeliner, mascara and possibly just a little bit of eyeshadow would balance it out a bit (I really do need to cover my spots, but I am talking about being able to wear it on its own due to its colour).
As others have said, the shade is hard to describe. I really don't know what the 'sherry' is referring to - I would assume that to be beigey or brown. When I swatched it on my hand it is pink-maybe rosy pink/mauve/hint of red. It doesn't look frosty on back of my hand but does on my lips. If it wasn't frosty I would rate it much higher. I have not been able to find a lipstick of this shade without the frost/shimmer- please let me know if you do! I actually thought when I was wearing it that it was darker than it looks in many online pictures so be aware of this.
Lasting power I can't say for sure as I have only tried it twice but pretty good but could be better for a long lasting lipstick. 3hrs I'd say.
As a rule I prefer creamy lipsticks+glosses but I know this kind don't seem to last.

on 4/19/2010 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is a gorgeous color to make your lips take center stage without being overtly dramatic (such as the infamous red lipstick!) this shade is a bright (not shocking bright) deep pink with a hint red with fine shimmer that isn't noticable. It's a very flirty, "come-hither" shade that when used with lightly flushed rosy cheeks, some eye liner and long lush lashes, makes you look sexy sweet but approachable.The formula is moisturizing and keeps my lips soft and the colour endurance is impressive.It does fade greatly with meals, but it leaves a pretty soft pink shade to lips at the end.

on 7/25/2008 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a medium rosey slightly shimmery color, very natural but sexy too. Im neutral skin tone and this brightens and warms me right up! Like a YLBB look but with a touch of shimmer, def will repurchase. Its just as good as my MAC lippies at less than half the cost! woohoo!

on 12/5/2006 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Perfect MLBB for me, a PPP/LLL with warm undertones, just put it on in the morning (no mirror required) & face brightens up. Doesn't dry out my lips, don't need liner, staying power could be better but it's not bad really. I might call the finish satin; it's not matte but not shiny. Sometimes I think I see the most microscopic sparkles in it, sometimes not; if they ARE there they certainly aren't obvious on.