Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

Rimmel Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

This is a my lips but better colour lipstick. Despite what a previous reviewer said, I am nowhere near olive skin toned - I have the fairest skin of anyone I know but I DO have very dark brown eyes and hair, so anyone with fairer hair it may not suit. some shades it says online will suit fair skin tones do not suit me because of my dark hair and eyes I think (light pink does not suit, makes me look washed out).
The actual lipstick stick is not my favourite. It is a bit big. It is of the slanted top variety. I was surprised that when I tried it in without a mirror it wasn't smudged much over my lipline though, so it's something I could get used to. Packaging doesn't look cheap (or expensive).
I Would rate this higher if for the fact that it doesn't have a frost finish. I find that a bit old fashioned but the main issue I have is frosty makes me look a bit paler and takes away from the lip colour.
I tried it on without any make up on. It is slightly darker than my lips but I was told I could get away with wearing it with no make up on. Not sure about that, but some eyeliner, mascara and possibly just a little bit of eyeshadow would balance it out a bit (I really do need to cover my spots, but I am talking about being able to wear it on its own due to its colour).
As others have said, the shade is hard to describe. I really don't know what the 'sherry' is referring to - I would assume that to be beigey or brown. When I swatched it on my hand it is pink-maybe rosy pink/mauve/hint of red. It doesn't look frosty on back of my hand but does on my lips. If it wasn't frosty I would rate it much higher. I have not been able to find a lipstick of this shade without the frost/shimmer- please let me know if you do! I actually thought when I was wearing it that it was darker than it looks in many online pictures so be aware of this.
Lasting power I can't say for sure as I have only tried it twice but pretty good but could be better for a long lasting lipstick. 3hrs I'd say.
As a rule I prefer creamy lipsticks+glosses but I know this kind don't seem to last.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

strange crazy good kind of colour, and VERY hard to describe. Definitely an "English Rose" kind of look. Let's call it a rose, but one that is deep enough to be classed with the berry tones, yet warm enough that I can wear it. I'm around a NC20 or warm toned pale skinned redhead.

This is almost cool toned on me. At first I was going to return it. It seemed to have a true fuschia pink cast to it, and the shimmer is silvery.

BUT

then after 20 minutes it was looking like a lovely rose shade, and like nothing else I own. It warmed up enough that it looked really good on me. My lips didn't stand out like they would if I wore a blue red or a blue pink. They looked natural only better.

But it isn't exactly a MLBB colour. It's not a nude, and I wouldn't put it with the brown toned pinks but it's extremely wearable.

And comfortable on the lips. Mine are dry and flaky, so the fact that this feels moisturizing is another plus.

Leaves a nice stain as it wears off. Wear time is medium, average, neither long (in spite of the name) or short.

It's going in my permanent collection.

I hate ugly lipstick tubes, and this is ugly, but the lipstick itself is worth putting up with the packaging.

UPDATED to add: I tried the Kate lipstick line from Rimmel, and they gave me a rash, but this one never has.

I hope they keep the old formulation going here, the formula and the colour are terrific.

This remains a go to lipstick when I want a warm rosy berry toned red that suits my warm but pale redhead style skin. It and Nectarine by Estee Lauder are reds that look red but never shocking on my face. Kind of a quiet red.

on 6/10/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Walgreens had a huge sale on Rimmel and I had a coupon stash so I loaded up on their products. It's a good thing I got stuff so cheaply because most of it (besides one lipstick and the mascara) didn't work for me.

This color looked so pretty in the package, but it made me look like a hooker when I wore it during the day. It almost had a clown color to it. It had poor lasting quality and it gave my lips a dry flakiness over the course of the day. This might be pretty if your coloring is different or maybe if I had been wearing something special to showcase this color.

on 6/10/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I found this in a clearance bin for fifty cents, but it is not a color I would have thought to try otherwise. Now I really like it as a "statement lip." It was also my first Rimmel lipstick, and I have since bought two more. I like the smell; it is kind of a spiced fruit fragrance. It applies very evenly, with buildable coverage, but I have to apply it over a lip balm or the shimmer settles into my lip lines. Swatched, it looks like a cool berry color, but it sort of warms on my lips. The packaging is a little cheesy, but I can live with that.

A beautiful shiny rosey pink. You can wear this all day and it keeps your lips moisturized! This shade is so flattering to my complexion I can wear this on days when I'm wearing no other mu. So glad I bought this:)

I adore this lipstick! It is a beautiful deep pinky-red colour with some goldeny shimmers that can be applied heavily for an intense bright look or lightly dotted on for a natural look!

I have very pigmented lips, and this lipstick is basically just a slightly intensified version of them, so it looks super natural but bright on me! I love lightly applying this and then applying a coat of clear shimmery lipgloss! It looks cute and sexy, and really awesome!

I wear this practically every day (this with a lipgloss, or just the gloss) and it makes my lips look juicy and vibrant! And it is finally a nice pinky colour that works for warm skintones/yellow undertones! Also, the formula is moisturizing, creamy, and down right perfection! Go buy it!!!

Yay! Perfect Lipstick!

Purchased this on a whim on sale for $4.00 and I definitely have received my moneys worth. I have been wearing it 3 to 4 times a week for the last month and I always get compliments on this lipstick. The formula is very smooth and soft on my lips and wears particularly well throughout the day, plus as it wears off it leaves a slight tint to the lips that looks pretty. The colour shows up on me as a slightly warm medium rosy pink with soft shimmer and reddish undertones. Looks fantastic paired with soft neutral eyes and pink blush. Would definitely repurchase this shade again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Seems like Rimmel reformulates every 6 months or so. I like the current incarnation of their lipsticks the best-- cute case with the little crown embossed on top, and the best array of colors to date (i.e., many dramatic, unique, and duochrome shades). Drop of Sherry is a shade they've always carried, but I'd never tried until now.

Love it, love it, love it! It's a pearlized, mid-tone warm pink that's great for very warm-toned folks like me who look dead in most frosty pinks. This one has enough pigment to brighten rather than wash out my complexion. I love the idea of pearly seashell pink lipstick, but haven't been able to wear most shades because they're too pale or cool. This one manages to still look pink (not salmon or coral) and be flattering! Yay! Oh-- and the formula smells like coconut fruit punch or something, not bad but a bit strong. Lasting power and moisturization are super.

This feels nice going on and the color really lasts a long time but after an hour my lips were REALLY dry. Works much better if you put a lip balm on underneath. The color was nice, kind of a light mauvish rose, but looks almost metallic if you put more than 1-2 layers on. Definitely looks best with lip gloss on top. Overall, though, it's a pretty good lipstick for the price.

on 12/5/2006 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Perfect MLBB for me, a PPP/LLL with warm undertones, just put it on in the morning (no mirror required) & face brightens up. Doesn't dry out my lips, don't need liner, staying power could be better but it's not bad really. I might call the finish satin; it's not matte but not shiny. Sometimes I think I see the most microscopic sparkles in it, sometimes not; if they ARE there they certainly aren't obvious on.

Popular Lipsticks