RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Drop of Sherry

4.4

on 6/10/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I found this in a clearance bin for fifty cents, but it is not a color I would have thought to try otherwise. Now I really like it as a "statement lip." It was also my first Rimmel lipstick, and I have since bought two more. I like the smell; it is kind of a spiced fruit fragrance. It applies very evenly, with buildable coverage, but I have to apply it over a lip balm or the shimmer settles into my lip lines. Swatched, it looks like a cool berry color, but it sort of warms on my lips. The packaging is a little cheesy, but I can live with that.

on 10/15/2010 2:10:00 PM

What a find! I casually tried this on one day out of nothing more than boredom, and immediately fell in love with the color and the price! This lipstick is the perfect in-between shade for those who don't want an intense red, but want a shade deeper than their natural color. I just dab on a little with my finger for day-wear, and use more for going out at night.

I adore this lipstick! It is a beautiful deep pinky-red colour with some goldeny shimmers that can be applied heavily for an intense bright look or lightly dotted on for a natural look!

I have very pigmented lips, and this lipstick is basically just a slightly intensified version of them, so it looks super natural but bright on me! I love lightly applying this and then applying a coat of clear shimmery lipgloss! It looks cute and sexy, and really awesome!

I wear this practically every day (this with a lipgloss, or just the gloss) and it makes my lips look juicy and vibrant! And it is finally a nice pinky colour that works for warm skintones/yellow undertones! Also, the formula is moisturizing, creamy, and down right perfection! Go buy it!!!

Yay! Perfect Lipstick!

on 2/15/2010 10:48:00 PM

This is my signature lip color. It's a beautiful coral-reddish-pink that looks amazing on my warm skin tone. I haven't been able to find any other shade that comes as close to this one. I've been wearing this shade for four years now and will continue to wear it!

on 1/12/2010 11:37:00 PM

This is my go to red lipstick because for me, it is the most wearable. I actually where this to work. I always forget to wear this, but it is so lovely. Rimmel makes some of my favorite d/s lipsticks. This is def worth checking out if you are in the market for a more wearable red.

on 12/17/2009 9:20:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just bought this lipstick today, its my first time trying rimmel lipsticks and I LOVE this colour. Its kind of red and pink at the same time but most definitely wearable as its not so shocking or bright! I was a little hesitant on the colour thinking it was too bright but the colour really does brighten ur face. Not to shiny, not too matte but PERFECT!
Wore it at work today over a lip balm and put a gloss over it - I probably should've waited a minute or so before applying gloss coz it only lasted about 2 hours BUT it had only slighlty faded! After reapplying my lips looked a little dry..
I will continue to repurchase.. But will have to figure out its staying power properly!
Love this colour and love the price!

This feels nice going on and the color really lasts a long time but after an hour my lips were REALLY dry. Works much better if you put a lip balm on underneath. The color was nice, kind of a light mauvish rose, but looks almost metallic if you put more than 1-2 layers on. Definitely looks best with lip gloss on top. Overall, though, it's a pretty good lipstick for the price.

on 12/5/2006 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Perfect MLBB for me, a PPP/LLL with warm undertones, just put it on in the morning (no mirror required) & face brightens up. Doesn't dry out my lips, don't need liner, staying power could be better but it's not bad really. I might call the finish satin; it's not matte but not shiny. Sometimes I think I see the most microscopic sparkles in it, sometimes not; if they ARE there they certainly aren't obvious on.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this lipstick on whim...I've been experimenting with Rimmel lately and have been pleased. I have Ballistic but it was a litle too brick red for me, but this I couldn't pass it looked so pink and shimmery in the tube. This is a a very flattering pink on me, I'm light/medium with golden undertones. Currently my favorite lipstick, this will most likely gain cult status with me, because I know right away whether I'll keep repurchasing a product, and this one is a definite re-buy!!