L'Oreal Super Blonde

L'Oreal Super Blonde

3.4

on 5/12/2016 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

Wow. ORANGE. Bright carrot top ORANGE. Not red or blonde or brown. Crayola crayon ORANGE. Yes, this happens when bleaching black hair to blonde. I know this and it wasn't a shock. But I will need to apply a toner and some platinum highlights over the top to settle it down some. L'Oréal should not advertise that this is suitable for dyed hair. I used the formula specifically for medium to dark brown hair, and this was grossly inadequate, even after leaving it on 65 minutes.

on 12/20/2015 5:02:00 PM

This product is horrible. It only bleached my hair in random chunks after an even application. I'm extremely pissed about this product.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/12/2015 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

It didn't give me the results I would ideally want, but this product can't. It's bleach. The 'Super Blonde' marketed in my country touts it as a color remover as well as a pre-lightener for dark hair.

I was left with very spotty results, which I attribute to both my lack of skill, and the fact that my hair had varying layers of color. For example my previously bleached hair went super duper blonde, the regrowth with dye went more peachy, and the parts I missed/roots were dark. However, this gets top marks because it did do what I wanted in the areas where I applied it correctly. It successfully removed almost all the warm tones from my hair.

I paired it with a coconut oil soak beforehand, and my hair is actually a lot less damaged than when it was when I used ColourBe4 (the supposedly gentler option). In fact, I'd even say it feels to be in even better condition than before using it. Certainly in good enough condition to go into the salon next day to tell the hairdresser what I did and ask for help.

Oh my gosh this product is wonderful!! After I became a stay at home mom, I wanted to try and cut costs anyway I could. I normally would spend 100 dollars + at the salon every 2-3 months getting my dark blonde hair lightened. I desperately wanted to find a box dye that would do the same thing at the salon but for a fraction of the price.
I put it off though at first because I was terrified.I had tried box dyes in the past and my hair has turned canary yellow and purple! Yikes! After my roots grew out to about three inches I bit the bullet and purchased this. It was about 10 dollars and worth every penny!
My hair looked just about the same as it does when I leave the salon. In thirty mins I was left with realistic light blonde hair that isn't too yellow but not too cool. And no roots to speak of! So glad I found this and will be repurchasing!
The only downside is that the bleach is a little harsh. I do plan on deep conditioning my hair with a hair mask in a few days to help. It's a small price to pay tho for salon quality hair!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT IT PRODUCES HAIR LOSS.I thought this product would be amazing! Boy was I wrong! This product not only makes your hair a disgusting clown orange with bleached yellow roots but it also damages your hair severly. I have brown hair which I bleached to a dirty blonde. So two months after the bleach I used this product. First of all it does is dye your roots and your scalp! It left my hair looking like I dipped my tips into orange crayola paint! Also after washing it out I found chunks of my hair in the tub! Also the whole side of my head was bald! Also now my hair is damaged and thin like thread! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! DO NOT RISK YOUR HAIR! IT WILL DESTROY YOUR HAIR AND MAKE IT FALL OUT

L'Oreal super blonde is one of my all time favorite drugstore box colors (when color lifting my hair super platinum blonde). L'Oreal is the only drugstore brand of hair color i will buy, because most of their boxed colors are the same exact formula as their professional salon grade products. I can always count on their brand to be consistent, and give me the exact results that I am looking for. Another HUGE reason why i love this brand and color so much, is because even after having dark hair and already colored hair, this super blonde lift has never left my hair with an orange or copper tint to it. I dont have to use a toner at all, because it gives me the color i want, everytime. I have tried other drugstore brands of boxed color- but i end up disliking them because the color is way WAY off from the sample color on the side of the box, because i hate the way it smells and how harsh it ends up being on my hair when I am done washing the product out. NONE of them even come close to L'Oreals boxed formulas. Another thing i wanted to add and talk about was how wonderful their conditioner is. It always comes inside the box- in a white or silver tube. The conditioner is in their professional salon grade products and it is AMAZING! it will hydrate and nourish your hair back to the way it was and even better than before you color it- so it doesnt feel lile straw, after using these ultra powerful chemicals. i would recommend this product to anyone to try out.... especially those who only use box colors, instead of going to the salon. This one works like magic, which is why i love it and im pretty sure you will agree and end up loving it, too <3

Okayy so first of all BEST BLEACH I'VE EVER USED IN MY LIFE!! this Loreal super blonde bleach lightening kit took my hair black to pale blonde in just three uses, I've bleached my hair soooo many times in my lifee :) trust me but this i recommend at first it took my hair to a dark yellow deep golden color then it took it to a beautiful blonde color then the third time i used this product my hair wass almost white ♥ I Deff will use this again if i ever dye my hair black/dark brown again!! x

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got daring and dyed my platinum white bleach blonde hair black. After a couple months when I started modeling full-time, my agent wanted me back to light pale blonde to match extensions he had bought me in the shortest amount of time possible.

This is the only product that worked!

I hurried up the process by trying to complete it in one month, and it did fry my hair, so I do not recommend going quickly. However, if I would have waited in between colorings, I don't think I would have ruined my hair as badly; so yes, I do take the blame for that.

My hair did go through the stages from black to orange (1st use), orange to almost neon yellow (2nd use), and yellow to platinum (3rd use). I did it a 4th time just to make sure the color was even throughout my hair.

My agent was amazed and everything worked out in the end...except I had to deep condition like crazy! But hey, it got me jobs and that's all that matters :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to dye my hair a brown colour, but from experience the colour never appears very vibrantly as my hair is thick and dark. I decided to bleach my hair first, then add the colour. The packaging of SUPERBLONDE told me that this will prelighten my naturally dark hair. I followed the instructions and rinsed. To my horror my hair was a disgusting ORANGE in some places, yellow in others, and a lot of my hair was still black.

I would not recommend this for Asian people with black hair. Go to the hair dressers if you want to dye your hair.

on 8/1/2012 3:53:00 PM

I HATE THIS PRODUCT!! OMFG! I have light brown hair and wanted to get blonde highlights. My friend works at a salon so we just did the highlighting at my house with foils. Maybe this was not meant for highlights or foiling? Whatever, I am screwed now because my hair is a BANANA COLOR!! YELLOW!! WITH A LOT OF BRASSY TONES! OMG! I HATE IT! .......I left it in my hair for the full 40 minutes because it says not to leave it in any longer than that because it can really damage your hair even more! Wow, I hate this stuff. I have to go to the salon now and get my hair re-highlited because it does not even look blonde, it looks yellow! ew!