Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So, I have really oily skin and I've been trying out averything to keep my make up there for more than 5 minutes, and since I finally got rid of acne I now can use real make up. I bought the green one - color adjust because someone with my skin type recomended and so I decided to try out. It expensive but well, I thought it was better than nothing... It is good, not excellent, which I expected for the price. It helps my make up stay for about 5 hours which is not what I expected. I let it sit for 2 minutes and most importantly DONT USE TOO MUCH, you have to use just enough to cover all your face but it doesnt have to feel oily because it does the opposite of what you want. I think it is GOOD for normal-little oily skin but not so much for super oily...

on 6/27/2011 1:20:00 AM

I prefer this primer heads above the original Smashbox primer formula. It goes on much more smoothly and had a much lighter feel to it, in my opinion. This primer feels very velvety on my skin (thank you, silicone!) and my skin doesn't feel oily when I wear it (a big achievement!). It's never broken me out, which is a huge plus, as well. It makes my makeup last all day and into the night, and keeps it up from sliding around on my face, which is a problem for me and my oily skin.

I find that I have to apply this to a completely dry face, having moisturized a fair bit beforehand - otherwise, it can ball up a little bit or create bit of flakiness during the application. Generally, this seems to be my experience with most primers - moisturizing well in advance is always key to a great application.

Finally, the color-adjusting properties of this primer are pretty so-so, in my opinion. I do find that this evens me out and can dull some of the redness (ie. around my nose, chin and cheeks), but the effect is very subtle. Still, a bit of adjusting is better than none! Overall, I like this primer and am likely to continue purchasing it - it's the best one I've come across so far for my skin. I recommend buying a trial size first before committing to the large size, as this product seems to work differently for all skin types.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

CAUTION!!!!

This primer is absolutely terrible. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this caused me the worst breakout ever!! Within an hour, I broke out in in large, irritated cystic acne. Absolutely horrible. I you have acne-prone skin, stay away from this product!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought the green one when I was on Obagi - to help with my red skin at the time.
- I found the consistency quite 'watery' and didn't find it sat well on my skin.
- Made my skin look quite shiny
- Rolled off in balls when I applied my foundation.
- Didn't use it again - Got the full bottle still sitting on my shelf.
- I woundn't recommend.

on 12/24/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So after reading reviews on MUA I went ahead and purchased this little gem in green to counter act my redness and scars? I went to Sephora and was indeed surpised that for such a small tube it was $17.00. Nonetheless I walked out of the store empty handed determined to find this review this product for a fraction of the cost. So off to ebay I went and $10.00 later I'm a happy customer!!!

I've used this product a couple of times (I feared that I would break out) and I haven't broken out yet!!! Yeah!! I use the smallest amounts and I covers nearly my whole face. I haven't had problems with clogging of the pores and I am pleasently surprised at how it makes my foundation look. My husbnad and co-workers commented recently on how good my face looked. I don't know if it really counter acts the redness/scars, but so far am very happy with this product. I'm NOT happy with the price. I would def purchase again- but only off of ebay.. I can't see myself buying this product for full price. But since I've had it nealy 2 months and have used it over 2 doezen times, I still have an early full tube left... so who knows.. I may not need to re-purchase for a while!!!

on 12/22/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this because i find that my skin aroung my nose gets very red....especially now that i am pregnant again. i thought that the green tint to the primer would cut some of the red...and it does a little. not wonderful aside from that. my makeup doesn't last much longer with this on. i do find if i put this on with just the studio fix powder it lasts a bit better than if i used the powder on its own. as a primer its nothing special but i like the tint. its subtle and a bit effective even. sum up...not the best but not the worst

I have purchased this many, many times. I have quite a bit of redness from past breakouts and from fraxel laser and this really tones all that down. Smooths out pores, helps foundation go on perfectly and keeps me matte. I have used other primers- MAC, Clinique, Laura Geller, Tarte, Cle de Peau, probably others- and I love this one the best. Never made me breakout, and I've noticed some of the others do.