Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.1

I've given this primer a very good try but I detashed it after a couple of months and here's why: it does not mask redness. I do believe that color correcting products can be helpful. However, this primer becomes totally transparent when spread on the skin, and the green color doesn't mysteriously come back after you've patted it on. So I really don't understand why people say this makes their skin less red, unless they are arguing that it has some kind of "calming" ingredient, which it doesn't claim to. I will admit that Smashbox makes very nice primers for oil control, and this one is no exception. It gives the skin a smooth, siliconey feel and I do find my makeup lasts longer (less oil breakthrough on my t zone) when I use this versus when I use no primer. However, for my intended purposes, it simply did not work. I recommend swatching this product in person, at the very least, if you are interested in its color correcting claims, but overall I would suggest you just go with the basic photo finish primer if you want to try Smashbox's formula.

on 4/4/2015 11:06:00 PM

I purchased the smaller size green shade at Sephora last summer and I finally just finished it.

I find that it didn't do anything to counteract any redness and it was just like any other regular primer.

I have a NYX primer that I like a lot better than this and their full size is cheaper than the mini of this one!

Also, I saw a great video on YT recently. If you do like any of these primers, it is a lot cheaper to buy two of the small ones rather than the full size. It equals out to be the exact same amount of product!

OK, so I have very red, splotchy skin after I wash my face, it's easily irritated by slightest touch! this primer is great! I got it in green, bc of course green counteracts redness, and I just love how Well it corrects my redness. I have very acne prone skin and this does not seem to trigger any new break outs which is automatically fantastic in my book bc I Usually try to avoid primers for that reason. if anything it seems to even be helping, along with my blemish control routine I'm following! I love this bc it's extremely lightweight, doesn't feel disgusting like most drugstore primers, and it's almost a satin feeling, which I love. it's made a world of difference in how my foundation applies and stays put a good 5 hours of my workday, I tend to need to powder by hour 6. but Hey ill take it. I really love this primer and Usually I despise primers

on 2/25/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this in both the original white coloured "oil free" formula and in the green "colour correcting" formula. I much prefer the white "oil free" one, though I don't love either of them. The green one did nothing for my redness, did not spread very well (you need a ton to cover your whole face) and started to ball up when i would apply my foundation. I notice no difference between using no primer, and using the green one. The consistency of it is just blah. I much prefer the Lise Watier green primer or the Pur minerals one. Will definitely not repurchase a smashbox primer, especially at such a high price ($40 CAD).

on 2/10/2013 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this primer two weeks ago and I wanted to test it before writing a review. My skin is very pink MAC NW15, MUFE HD 115, or maybelline fit me 115. I have a bit f rosacea and lot of redness on my tamples and cheeks. My skin is also dry and reactive.

When you first put this primer it feels very soft. It has absolutely no smell which I love. It really neutralise most of my redness. Sure the brighter spots are still shinning through put concealer can take care of that. If it were any more green it would leave a green cast to the skin. The foundation glides through really easily. I even tested it on my boughtfriend on one side of his face and most of his redness was gone.

Would I recommand it? Sure if you have larger red areas and you can afford it. Here it cost 48 can$ before tax and I live in the province with the higher taxes... I will probably try MUFE HD primer in blue for the summer since my skin i usually less red and save this very expensive primer for the colder months.

I really love it though!

on 9/19/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

idk why this is not green in the picture, mine is green though! i have used this for years, it has never broken me out, and always makes my skin look much nicer when applied. i have red undertones, and this somewhat masks them...only slightly though. i am not using this currently because i want to try out other primers, and this one didn't seem to help my skin with oil control. i suggest this primer if your skin is combination/ dry, and you want to wear a light coverage foundation, or even tinted moisturizer. it is expensive but it will last you a decent amount of time, i only use two pumps daily. foundation applies so nicely over this. this used to come in a glass container, it now is plastic. i'm not sure which i prefer considering the container was changed several years ago. HG status.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought the green mini version of this at Ulta today after much deliberation between the green on and the 'light' one. I decided on this and so far I am impressed.

I don't really think the 'color correcting' idea is all that effective unless the product stays relatively opaque, which this does not. It thins out and becomes transparent once blended into the skin. Granted, I have only used it once so I can't really say if it does calm down the redness as it claims.

It is a silicone-based primer so if you are sensitive to silicones then I would try the 'light' version which I believe is silicone free :)

I have been wearing my makeup with both this and the urban decay all-nighter spray for around 4 or 5 hours and my makeup hasn't budged, even my blush, which is a shocker because my face eats blush like I eat Milano orange cookies... I am very impressed.

If you aren't quite sure if you will like this primer, head to Ulta because that is the only place I have seen the mini versions of most of the smashbox primers. I got mine for $17 and if I like it I plan to buy the full sized version :) update will come soon!!

on 5/1/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

definitely would not re-purchase, it does a very minimal job on correcting redness. I think this has a much higher rating than it should since people are rating the product on it's primer properties (which are good) and not on the purchase that this particular one is meant for, for correcting redness! It made my skin look maybe 10% less red, nothing major and definitely not worthy of the high cost.

on 3/18/2011 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wish I had read the reviews before puchasing this terrible gunk! I had the worst break out of my life from using this stuff. I thought it was from the new foundation I had bought. It turns out it was this stuff! It took me weeks to try ellimianting my new foundation and a night cream to discover this was the culprit! It was the purple one. I have used the photo finish light in the past and never had problems. This is going in the garbage!!!!

Great as a primer.
Not at all colour correction. Does not eliminate any redness at all.