Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.4

I recently purchased the green primer and regret it, it makes no difference to the redness from scars and acne and around my nose. No staying power or better looking makeup either. Sad as I used to use the original photo finish primer years ago and it wasn't that bad. If you want a good primer and redness correct use DHC velvet skin (really good!) and a green concealer on red areas afterwards, prior to foundation application.

I have used this for the past couple of months and absolutely love the way it feels on my skin and also how it almost instantly gets rid of my redness, which my whole face basically has that since I am so pale I get very splotchy. This has been a life saver. When I wear foundation this helps it stay on way more than normally it would and makes the application so much easier. I love the silky texture and how easy it blends out. I would recommend this to anyone with redness at all.

on 2/2/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I was looking for a good foundation primer that wouldn't make my already-oily skin worse, and that would tone down the red in my complexion. This goes on nice and smooth, and makes makeup go on smoother...but that's about it. Doesn't tone down my redness any (or at least none that I notice) and doesn't really seem to make my makeup last longer. I will look for something better. Especially since I paid almost $40 for it.

on 6/27/2011 1:20:00 AM

I prefer this primer heads above the original Smashbox primer formula. It goes on much more smoothly and had a much lighter feel to it, in my opinion. This primer feels very velvety on my skin (thank you, silicone!) and my skin doesn't feel oily when I wear it (a big achievement!). It's never broken me out, which is a huge plus, as well. It makes my makeup last all day and into the night, and keeps it up from sliding around on my face, which is a problem for me and my oily skin.

I find that I have to apply this to a completely dry face, having moisturized a fair bit beforehand - otherwise, it can ball up a little bit or create bit of flakiness during the application. Generally, this seems to be my experience with most primers - moisturizing well in advance is always key to a great application.

Finally, the color-adjusting properties of this primer are pretty so-so, in my opinion. I do find that this evens me out and can dull some of the redness (ie. around my nose, chin and cheeks), but the effect is very subtle. Still, a bit of adjusting is better than none! Overall, I like this primer and am likely to continue purchasing it - it's the best one I've come across so far for my skin. I recommend buying a trial size first before committing to the large size, as this product seems to work differently for all skin types.

on 4/9/2011 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of the green Adjust from Sephora (wanted to try it before I bought it). It did an "eh" job at covering the redness in my cheeks, nose and chin. I applied it with a brush as I didn't want to use it all over my face and it balled up or pilled everywhere I applied it. It was kinda gross. I felt like everytime I applied it, half would ball up and fall off. I don't think I would ever actually purchase this product.

on 4/5/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this from the impulse buy at sephora...it was in a bin labeled $9 but when I checked out, realized it was actually $17 (which is ridiculous for such a small tube). I have used the original photo finish formula which is fantastic, but my derm put me on a new skincare line which has made my face more red for the first few weeks while getting used to the products, so I thought the green tint would be good to have. Although it smoothed my face and did everything the original formula does, it did nothing for the redness, which is the main reason I had for buying it. I thought maybe it had helped until I took some pictures with friends and looked back through them to see my face as red as any other day. This is going back asap and I'll prob switch it out for regular photo finish. Ive heard MAC's version of this is a good one for redness, so I guess on to that next!

I bought a small size of this on impulse because I tend to have some redness on my nose and had hoped that this would help with that. Like some of the other reviewers, I didn't notice any difference in the redness using this compared to not using it. But as a primer, the texture was silky and not greasy, so I didn't give it a lower rating.

I have purchased this many, many times. I have quite a bit of redness from past breakouts and from fraxel laser and this really tones all that down. Smooths out pores, helps foundation go on perfectly and keeps me matte. I have used other primers- MAC, Clinique, Laura Geller, Tarte, Cle de Peau, probably others- and I love this one the best. Never made me breakout, and I've noticed some of the others do.

It did even out skin pores and scars, but it didn't do that great of a job color correcting. I was satisfied with it and thought I'd probably buy again until my face started to break out.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

No. While I did like the foundation this product set on my skin, it did nothing to overcome my redness or other imperfections. I am now using Prescriptives Magic Illuminating Potion Red Neutralizer and am much more satisfied with the way my skin looks (see review).