Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

2.9

on 7/3/2011 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I find that primer are not anything special, this one included. I have oily skin with some acne and redness, which is why I bought the green primer. The redness is reduced a little bit after I put the primer one, but not the acne redness only the general discoloration. This would mean great things for most people because they might not put on as much foundation, but I don't find myself putting on any less, and if I put on my foundation without the primer it covers the redness just as well as the primer does. Point: it makes little difference in my make up routine when it comes to redness. It also makes no difference in combating oily skin (at least for me and I am VERY oily). The texture isn't bad, not too greasy , but I do find myself using too much because a little doesn't blend very far. I will probably not purchase again because it makes too little a difference for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily/combo skin with redness, it does not do much in terms of color correcting, and i dont know if it's because of the way /amount of producting im using, but it just balls up and dosen't settle into my skin, After trial and error i have realised that when i wear this primer, my makeup melts off even quicker, and my foundation goes on patchy! this product simply did not work for me

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought the green one when I was on Obagi - to help with my red skin at the time.
- I found the consistency quite 'watery' and didn't find it sat well on my skin.
- Made my skin look quite shiny
- Rolled off in balls when I applied my foundation.
- Didn't use it again - Got the full bottle still sitting on my shelf.
- I woundn't recommend.

on 1/1/2008 10:11:00 PM

I love the colour correcting properties. The redness in my cheeks are gone. Foundation goes on very smooth after this primer. I love the way it performs. The only thing I don't like is its texture and how it's silicone-based. It feels slippery and oily, even though it's not. Overall it's a nice product I'm likely to repurchase.

on 11/25/2007 10:24:00 PM

Provides a smooth base for foundation but doesn't do much in correcting color. It doesn't feel oily when I put it on in the morning but my face becomes very shiny in the afternoon. Of course when the base melts, everything on it melts too.

on 3/25/2006 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is really just the original Photo Finish primer (which I also reviewed and awarded 5 lippies) with a green tint. It neutralizes my redness somewhat, but in all honesty, I don't think it's very noticeable. The product looks very green but goes on sheer. Still, I use this everyday because it's a fantastic primer. Beware the silicones if you're sensitive. You know that slippery, silky feeling you get after you apply Photo Finish? It's all courtesy of silicones.

on 2/16/2006 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

At first I didn't think it did much because when I wore it alone, it didn't seem to mask my red patches. I was using Philosophy's The Present before and thought they were about the same. THEN I decided to stop and either use nothing or use The Present and that is when I realized how much this product made my foundation look nicer and stay on better. My foundation just glides on when I'm using this product and it doesn't fade during the day. My face just looks brighter and smoother. I'm going to definitely keep on using this.