Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the travel size redness corrector (green). I read a lot of complaints that it "doesn't work", mostly because they don't let it set for a min or two, then the skin evens out. I did just that and it works really well. I have two evils about my skin-oily and red. I use mufe step 1 mattifying for the oil and then I use this. I realized that it still has the smoothing properties of the regular photofinish primer, so I may also skip the Dr Brandt primer step that I layer over the mufe to make my foundation blend evenly and not patchy.

I have this in the green (redness correcting) shade. It is fantastic and glides on amazingly. It even makes your skin look more even without foundation! Only downside is the price tag of around 50-60 dollars in Australia.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this over a year ago, and I ran out of it so I got a new tube. I have really red skin (rosacea), and I like to cover it up.

It doesn't take away all the redness, but it definitely does something. For the best result, put the primer on and blend it into your skin, and let it soak in for a few minutes before applying your foundation. You will notice a little diffrence, but it does NOT cover up all your redness.

As a primer goes, it works wonderful. It keeps your makeup on, smooths your skin so you have a nice base to put your makeup on.

Pro's:
-It's awesome as a primer
-Keeps your makeup on
-Creates a wonderful base
-Takes a away some of your redness
-Has a smart packaging

Con's
-Doesn't take away ALL your redness,

I will buy this again, just because I love it as a primer, but not as much as a corrector. I think if your looking for a corrector you are better off with a green concealer.

Sorry for non-perfect English, I'm Swedish.

I really hate this stuff, #1 it broke me out everytime I would use it, it clogged my pores so badly. It felt like I had a mask on under my makeup and on top of that the price was high, def will not be making this purchase again!

on 7/24/2012 12:35:00 PM

This is my all time favourite primer ever ! This primer is perfect for most skin types and most foundations ! I love love love it! I think I have bought 3/4 of these primers ad will defiantly be purchasing again once I have used it all up ! I have never had problems with my skin caused by this product. And I find it helps foundations stay in place for a lot longer than they usually would. I find this primer lasts a really long time and a little goes a long way ! The packaging is great as you can control how much of the product you would like and I think this primer should be a staple piece in most girls make up routines ! I know Smashbox can be a little pricey at times but do not let this put you off as it is worth it's weight in gold ! If you are unsure about purchasing this product I am sure the girls at your local Smashbox counter could give you a Sample to try over a few days.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this as in a travel size at Sephora and I think it will last for quite a while (without breaking the bank). I like this a lot - as both a good silicone primer and a redness reducer. I have slight redness from rosacea and this helps, without completely removing the redness. It goes on light but provides good coverage. Definitely like it better than Eucerin Redness Relief

No breakouts or oiliness.

on 8/15/2011 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This product doesnt do much in the way of colour correcting for me i have red cheeks so the MUA at Smashbox recommended this for me. Its a lovely primer goes on smoothly dries to a velvety finish and does extend the wear of my makeup, its just a shame it doesnt do what it says. Saying that i would repurchase because it is an excellent base for makeup!

on 6/1/2011 6:01:00 PM

Went on beautifully. Broke my skin out horribly. This is the first primer I've ever tried and to be honest I'm now of the mind that I won't try another.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the green to try to balance out my redness. I have a lot of red in my complexion. Now, I don't know if I have the "proper" red for this stuff to work, but it does not do ANYTHING for my tone. The texture is nice, but if it doesn't take out any of my redness then there is no point. I am so glad I tried the travel size first!

on 10/30/2010 10:32:00 AM

I said I wouldn't buy this again but I'm not sure. I'm on the fence here. I bought it a year ago and hated it. As for color correcting, don't expect much. A year ago I was certain this had broken me out. Now it's a different story. I cleanse deeper at night so i haven't had a problem with breaking out. I never realized how much i like this. it's nothing something i notice initially after makeup application. its HOURS later. my makeup stays put and if i touch my face its so incredibly smooth. its really weird, because it honestly takes hours into wearing this for me to notice how its made a difference. i put this on and then dab cliniques instant pore perfector on my nose overtop. its working for me. but it def doesn't color correct.