Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

2.8

I have this in the green (redness correcting) shade. It is fantastic and glides on amazingly. It even makes your skin look more even without foundation! Only downside is the price tag of around 50-60 dollars in Australia.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My skin is far from perfect, and I try a lot of different products to hide the flaws that I have. Redness is one of them, so I thought that this might be a good solution to help camouflage. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

This did not perform the way I thought it would. I usually shy away from silicone based primers, but the color correcting properties drew me to this, and I bought it anyway. I should have went with my instinct, because when I first applied, I had that horrible slippery feeling on my face that I just do not like. I let it set for 10 minutes, and did not notice a huge difference in the unevenness and overall redness of my face. I applied my foundation, and color wise, it looked the same as when I use primers that I like the texture of.

I tried a few more times with different foundations to give this a fair shake, but I really do not feel like it performs the way it is described as performing. It is green in color, but sheer when applied and didn't see any correcting in my skin. I returned it, and will not repurchase.

(As a side note: Smashbox primers are very difficult to get the last of the product out of their bottles. I have purchased 2 of their hydrating primers and cut the bottle both times to get to the remaining product. That is why I rated the packaging as low as I did).

on 7/18/2012 6:43:00 PM

Not loving this product. I have a little discoloration on my jawline from post acne scars and I was hoping this product would help conceal that and it didn't. The only thing I noticed that this primer did was dry my skin and make it look way too matted. If you have super oily skin this might be the right product for you, but if you like a more natural glow look I wouldn't use this.

on 2/2/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I was looking for a good foundation primer that wouldn't make my already-oily skin worse, and that would tone down the red in my complexion. This goes on nice and smooth, and makes makeup go on smoother...but that's about it. Doesn't tone down my redness any (or at least none that I notice) and doesn't really seem to make my makeup last longer. I will look for something better. Especially since I paid almost $40 for it.

on 10/4/2011 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is for the ORIGINAL Smashbox Jumbo Photo Finish Foundation Primer in 2oz tube. I paid $49 for this although regular price is $72. I absolutely LOVE this primer. I've tried several others and this is one of my top 3! Simplifies the application of my makeup and makes it last MUCH longer. I have noticed this doesn't have many good reviews and I don't understand why but this is something that I cannot live without as of now. Wish it was cheaper! A *TEENY* tube of this is $16 at ULTA!

on 3/18/2011 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wish I had read the reviews before puchasing this terrible gunk! I had the worst break out of my life from using this stuff. I thought it was from the new foundation I had bought. It turns out it was this stuff! It took me weeks to try ellimianting my new foundation and a night cream to discover this was the culprit! It was the purple one. I have used the photo finish light in the past and never had problems. This is going in the garbage!!!!

on 11/4/2010 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this more than a year ago, used it and didn't think much of it. I found this in my drawer and decided to use it this week and I really like the results.
Does it color correct? NO.
BUT my foundation doesn't settle into my pores and lasts ALL day.

on 3/24/2009 1:20:00 PM

I recieved it in a swap and couldn't wait to use it. I was a little bit scared by the green color when pumping it for the first time. It looks like spinach soup :P. It really gives my skin a silky smooth kind of feeling. I read somewhere that you should wait for the primer to set onto your skin before continuing on the other makeups. So, I get dressed first and come back to finish my makeup routine. And I find it so much easier to apply my mineral makeup. My pores are also minimized visually. Also, it keeps me shine-free longer. Even though I have some shine in the afternoon, my skin looks dewy instead of oily. I don't have much redness, so I can't comment on it's ajusting effect. So far, I'm happy with this product.

I was looking for something to improve the appearance of my skin cause I dont like to wear foundation or mineral makeup.But I have a bit of redness aound my nose, chin, and forhead.I bought the green.The only good thing I can say is that it does feel silky on my skin...... Unfortunately it also feels oily,and kind of looks grimy.I realize mixing pea green with a yellow skintone probably wasnt the best idea.But since I was using it on the red areas of my t-zone it wouldnt matter.Regardless of all that it felt gross on my skin.Plus it looked bad too.I left me pretty oily.I'm sure this would work good on a pinker skintone and an oil mattifier but for $36 why bother.

Update** So I got a sample of this and decided to try it out again since I have learned alot of new tricks and have been taking better care of my skin.It does go on smooth at first and looks decent.But just like before it gets oily after awhile.A friend of mine who has great skin loves this primer though.So maybe its geared more towards normal to dry skintypes.

Quite simply, I Did Not Like. This is one of the WORST products I've tried in while. I purchased the green primer to help correct some mild redness. It didn't work at all. Not even a little bit. Unfortunately, it didn't even make my foundation go on smoother like its supposed to; rather, it made the foundation kinda peel off and dried my skin out. So, after shelling out some of my hard-earned cash for this, I was left with red, peeling skin. Now I have it sitting in the closet with the other make-up products that just didn't work out.