Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.6

on 2/25/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this in both the original white coloured "oil free" formula and in the green "colour correcting" formula. I much prefer the white "oil free" one, though I don't love either of them. The green one did nothing for my redness, did not spread very well (you need a ton to cover your whole face) and started to ball up when i would apply my foundation. I notice no difference between using no primer, and using the green one. The consistency of it is just blah. I much prefer the Lise Watier green primer or the Pur minerals one. Will definitely not repurchase a smashbox primer, especially at such a high price ($40 CAD).

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this over a year ago, and I ran out of it so I got a new tube. I have really red skin (rosacea), and I like to cover it up.

It doesn't take away all the redness, but it definitely does something. For the best result, put the primer on and blend it into your skin, and let it soak in for a few minutes before applying your foundation. You will notice a little diffrence, but it does NOT cover up all your redness.

As a primer goes, it works wonderful. It keeps your makeup on, smooths your skin so you have a nice base to put your makeup on.

Pro's:
-It's awesome as a primer
-Keeps your makeup on
-Creates a wonderful base
-Takes a away some of your redness
-Has a smart packaging

Con's
-Doesn't take away ALL your redness,

I will buy this again, just because I love it as a primer, but not as much as a corrector. I think if your looking for a corrector you are better off with a green concealer.

Sorry for non-perfect English, I'm Swedish.

on 2/10/2013 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this primer two weeks ago and I wanted to test it before writing a review. My skin is very pink MAC NW15, MUFE HD 115, or maybelline fit me 115. I have a bit f rosacea and lot of redness on my tamples and cheeks. My skin is also dry and reactive.

When you first put this primer it feels very soft. It has absolutely no smell which I love. It really neutralise most of my redness. Sure the brighter spots are still shinning through put concealer can take care of that. If it were any more green it would leave a green cast to the skin. The foundation glides through really easily. I even tested it on my boughtfriend on one side of his face and most of his redness was gone.

Would I recommand it? Sure if you have larger red areas and you can afford it. Here it cost 48 can$ before tax and I live in the province with the higher taxes... I will probably try MUFE HD primer in blue for the summer since my skin i usually less red and save this very expensive primer for the colder months.

I really love it though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

FYI: My skin: NC20, asian, easily congested, and sensitive.

I bought this because my face (to be specific, cheeks) can turn red easily (Weather, alcohol) and I was envious of girls whose face color matched their body. Anyway, I tried the GREEN (adjust) not believing that it can even out my skin, and it did - not only did it help even out my skin color, but my pores were minimized, and gave me angelic dewiness....I felt like I wasn't looking at my own skin in the mirror! I love how my skin looks with this on, so much better than without makeup. Any foundation you put on goes so much smoother. Now I can't wait to use the original and see how I do with it!

Will continue to use.

on 7/24/2012 12:35:00 PM

This is my all time favourite primer ever ! This primer is perfect for most skin types and most foundations ! I love love love it! I think I have bought 3/4 of these primers ad will defiantly be purchasing again once I have used it all up ! I have never had problems with my skin caused by this product. And I find it helps foundations stay in place for a lot longer than they usually would. I find this primer lasts a really long time and a little goes a long way ! The packaging is great as you can control how much of the product you would like and I think this primer should be a staple piece in most girls make up routines ! I know Smashbox can be a little pricey at times but do not let this put you off as it is worth it's weight in gold ! If you are unsure about purchasing this product I am sure the girls at your local Smashbox counter could give you a Sample to try over a few days.

on 2/22/2012 10:36:00 PM

i have a bunch of the green primer as samples and i've been trying to use them up. i like the finish it gives for my foundation to go on top, but that's about it. it doesn't make my foundation last longer or does it hide my redness. i only have a tiny bit of redness around my nose, but it looks the same after application. i probably won't go out to buy this after my samples run out. the good thing about it is a small tube can go a long way.

on 1/4/2012 4:56:00 AM

my favorite primer!
its the only primer that works for me. i wanted a primer that would help with acne scarring and this seems to be the best one i've found (from the other's i've used)
the only downside is the price i paid $38 at nordies, but i don't mind paying for something that works well for me.
since it is a silicone based primer i've heard that it could cause breakouts, but i haven't had any from this primer. also this primer isn't very friendly to oily t-zones but that's something a lil touch up can fix :)
definitely worth the money (at least for me)

on 9/7/2011 11:32:00 AM

I bought 2 trail sizes (0.5 oz each) at Sephora for $34 instead of a full size 1 oz for $38, why they price them that way I have no idea. Same amount of product for $4 less. I use 1/3 of a dime size and then foundation over it. The foundation last all day....even in FL weather, it's amazing. I have no breakout from this product, maybe because I use so little? As with other reviewers had said, the correcting really don't help much with toning down reddess, but it's okay. I still love this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily/combo skin with redness, it does not do much in terms of color correcting, and i dont know if it's because of the way /amount of producting im using, but it just balls up and dosen't settle into my skin, After trial and error i have realised that when i wear this primer, my makeup melts off even quicker, and my foundation goes on patchy! this product simply did not work for me

on 3/5/2011 3:28:00 PM

This primer is way too oily. Don't put too much or your face will look so oily that no amount of powder or foundation can mattify it again. I prefer the original Smashbox photo finish primer over this primer.