Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the travel size redness corrector (green). I read a lot of complaints that it "doesn't work", mostly because they don't let it set for a min or two, then the skin evens out. I did just that and it works really well. I have two evils about my skin-oily and red. I use mufe step 1 mattifying for the oil and then I use this. I realized that it still has the smoothing properties of the regular photofinish primer, so I may also skip the Dr Brandt primer step that I layer over the mufe to make my foundation blend evenly and not patchy.

on 4/4/2015 11:06:00 PM

I purchased the smaller size green shade at Sephora last summer and I finally just finished it.

I find that it didn't do anything to counteract any redness and it was just like any other regular primer.

I have a NYX primer that I like a lot better than this and their full size is cheaper than the mini of this one!

Also, I saw a great video on YT recently. If you do like any of these primers, it is a lot cheaper to buy two of the small ones rather than the full size. It equals out to be the exact same amount of product!

I've been looking for a face primer to increase the longevity of my make-up. Typically, my makeup only lasts for a couple of hours before I have to touch-up, but with this product it lasts all day (8-9 hrs). It exceeded my expectations on that account. My skin is very easily irritated and I have redness on my cheek bones and T-Zone that are hard to cover, which is why I opted for this color correcting primer from Smashbox. It is green, but goes on clear. It's extremely lightweight and feels velvety smooth going on. I love it! I will say I see the best results when I allow the primer to set for a few minutes before adding a BB cream or foundation. Overall, this is the best experience I've had with a primer and I can't imagine trying anything else. I do wish the full-size bottle wasn't so expensive ($40), but in this case the product is worth the price. I originally purchased a travel size bottle (only $12), which lasted 6 months. The key is to make sure you're using very small amounts of the product, no more than what is absolutely necessary. This product provides good coverage so you shouldn't need much.

OK, so I have very red, splotchy skin after I wash my face, it's easily irritated by slightest touch! this primer is great! I got it in green, bc of course green counteracts redness, and I just love how Well it corrects my redness. I have very acne prone skin and this does not seem to trigger any new break outs which is automatically fantastic in my book bc I Usually try to avoid primers for that reason. if anything it seems to even be helping, along with my blemish control routine I'm following! I love this bc it's extremely lightweight, doesn't feel disgusting like most drugstore primers, and it's almost a satin feeling, which I love. it's made a world of difference in how my foundation applies and stays put a good 5 hours of my workday, I tend to need to powder by hour 6. but Hey ill take it. I really love this primer and Usually I despise primers

I really hate this stuff, #1 it broke me out everytime I would use it, it clogged my pores so badly. It felt like I had a mask on under my makeup and on top of that the price was high, def will not be making this purchase again!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this as in a travel size at Sephora and I think it will last for quite a while (without breaking the bank). I like this a lot - as both a good silicone primer and a redness reducer. I have slight redness from rosacea and this helps, without completely removing the redness. It goes on light but provides good coverage. Definitely like it better than Eucerin Redness Relief

No breakouts or oiliness.

on 1/4/2012 4:56:00 AM

my favorite primer!
its the only primer that works for me. i wanted a primer that would help with acne scarring and this seems to be the best one i've found (from the other's i've used)
the only downside is the price i paid $38 at nordies, but i don't mind paying for something that works well for me.
since it is a silicone based primer i've heard that it could cause breakouts, but i haven't had any from this primer. also this primer isn't very friendly to oily t-zones but that's something a lil touch up can fix :)
definitely worth the money (at least for me)

on 9/7/2011 11:32:00 AM

I bought 2 trail sizes (0.5 oz each) at Sephora for $34 instead of a full size 1 oz for $38, why they price them that way I have no idea. Same amount of product for $4 less. I use 1/3 of a dime size and then foundation over it. The foundation last all day....even in FL weather, it's amazing. I have no breakout from this product, maybe because I use so little? As with other reviewers had said, the correcting really don't help much with toning down reddess, but it's okay. I still love this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily/combo skin with redness, it does not do much in terms of color correcting, and i dont know if it's because of the way /amount of producting im using, but it just balls up and dosen't settle into my skin, After trial and error i have realised that when i wear this primer, my makeup melts off even quicker, and my foundation goes on patchy! this product simply did not work for me

on 5/1/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

definitely would not re-purchase, it does a very minimal job on correcting redness. I think this has a much higher rating than it should since people are rating the product on it's primer properties (which are good) and not on the purchase that this particular one is meant for, for correcting redness! It made my skin look maybe 10% less red, nothing major and definitely not worthy of the high cost.