Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

on 2/25/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this in both the original white coloured "oil free" formula and in the green "colour correcting" formula. I much prefer the white "oil free" one, though I don't love either of them. The green one did nothing for my redness, did not spread very well (you need a ton to cover your whole face) and started to ball up when i would apply my foundation. I notice no difference between using no primer, and using the green one. The consistency of it is just blah. I much prefer the Lise Watier green primer or the Pur minerals one. Will definitely not repurchase a smashbox primer, especially at such a high price ($40 CAD).

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this over a year ago, and I ran out of it so I got a new tube. I have really red skin (rosacea), and I like to cover it up.

It doesn't take away all the redness, but it definitely does something. For the best result, put the primer on and blend it into your skin, and let it soak in for a few minutes before applying your foundation. You will notice a little diffrence, but it does NOT cover up all your redness.

As a primer goes, it works wonderful. It keeps your makeup on, smooths your skin so you have a nice base to put your makeup on.

Pro's:
-It's awesome as a primer
-Keeps your makeup on
-Creates a wonderful base
-Takes a away some of your redness
-Has a smart packaging

Con's
-Doesn't take away ALL your redness,

I will buy this again, just because I love it as a primer, but not as much as a corrector. I think if your looking for a corrector you are better off with a green concealer.

Sorry for non-perfect English, I'm Swedish.

on 3/31/2013 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have rosacea and I LOVE the green version of this for covering up the redness in my cheeks. Within seconds of applying it, I can see the redness drain from my cheeks.

It's amazing, incredible, wonderful but I don't like applying it all over my face because it does leave a greenish cast.

I removed one lippie because it is expensive. Fortunately, I use a pea sized amount so it lasts a long time. Another reason for no perfect score is that it does dry my cheeks out. I have dry skin already and this doesn't help with the dehydration.

Overall, reducing the redness trumps any other issues I have. It's almost a miracle product.

on 2/10/2013 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this primer two weeks ago and I wanted to test it before writing a review. My skin is very pink MAC NW15, MUFE HD 115, or maybelline fit me 115. I have a bit f rosacea and lot of redness on my tamples and cheeks. My skin is also dry and reactive.

When you first put this primer it feels very soft. It has absolutely no smell which I love. It really neutralise most of my redness. Sure the brighter spots are still shinning through put concealer can take care of that. If it were any more green it would leave a green cast to the skin. The foundation glides through really easily. I even tested it on my boughtfriend on one side of his face and most of his redness was gone.

Would I recommand it? Sure if you have larger red areas and you can afford it. Here it cost 48 can$ before tax and I live in the province with the higher taxes... I will probably try MUFE HD primer in blue for the summer since my skin i usually less red and save this very expensive primer for the colder months.

I really love it though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

FYI: My skin: NC20, asian, easily congested, and sensitive.

I bought this because my face (to be specific, cheeks) can turn red easily (Weather, alcohol) and I was envious of girls whose face color matched their body. Anyway, I tried the GREEN (adjust) not believing that it can even out my skin, and it did - not only did it help even out my skin color, but my pores were minimized, and gave me angelic dewiness....I felt like I wasn't looking at my own skin in the mirror! I love how my skin looks with this on, so much better than without makeup. Any foundation you put on goes so much smoother. Now I can't wait to use the original and see how I do with it!

Will continue to use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought the green mini version of this at Ulta today after much deliberation between the green on and the 'light' one. I decided on this and so far I am impressed.

I don't really think the 'color correcting' idea is all that effective unless the product stays relatively opaque, which this does not. It thins out and becomes transparent once blended into the skin. Granted, I have only used it once so I can't really say if it does calm down the redness as it claims.

It is a silicone-based primer so if you are sensitive to silicones then I would try the 'light' version which I believe is silicone free :)

I have been wearing my makeup with both this and the urban decay all-nighter spray for around 4 or 5 hours and my makeup hasn't budged, even my blush, which is a shocker because my face eats blush like I eat Milano orange cookies... I am very impressed.

If you aren't quite sure if you will like this primer, head to Ulta because that is the only place I have seen the mini versions of most of the smashbox primers. I got mine for $17 and if I like it I plan to buy the full sized version :) update will come soon!!

Great as a primer.
Not at all colour correction. Does not eliminate any redness at all.

on 1/28/2010 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've just finished giving this a test run, and I'm convinced this is the primer to end all primers. It gets rid of the redness around my nose, mouth, and chin, and even eliminates the redness in some of my acne scars. The primer smooths everything out, and I noticed my makeup not only looked utterly flawless on my skin, but it did not budge, despite sweat and oil. This stuff is all sorts of amazing.
The price doesn't make me too happy, but luckily I can find this easily enough for much less on eBay.
I'm not sure how I lived before this primer. This is now a staple/HG/whatever have you in my makeup routine.

*EDIT 8/20/11*
While this is a great primer, its shelf life isn't as long as I'd like it to be. I've since switched over to Monistat anti-chafing Powder Gel.

on 8/9/2007 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have redness of my cheeks and on my nose and I figured this would help since it is supposed to be color-correcting but it did not do anything at all for the redness... as a primer it worked great but for the price it's definetely not worth it and for just a regular primer there are much cheaper and more worth it out there. Also if anyone is to try it .. i'd definetely say to try out the tube size.. definetely more worth it. I wouldn't buy this product again though.. i'll just try a cheaper regular primer.

on 6/15/2007 5:39:00 PM

ok i should have listened to the reviews here, this product does nothing for the redness!!! totally a waste of money.... it does provide a smooth makeup base, but that can be achieved with a much cheaper primer. I really wanted it to cover redness!