Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the travel size redness corrector (green). I read a lot of complaints that it "doesn't work", mostly because they don't let it set for a min or two, then the skin evens out. I did just that and it works really well. I have two evils about my skin-oily and red. I use mufe step 1 mattifying for the oil and then I use this. I realized that it still has the smoothing properties of the regular photofinish primer, so I may also skip the Dr Brandt primer step that I layer over the mufe to make my foundation blend evenly and not patchy.

on 8/8/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have the clear photo finish primer and the green color correcting primer. They are both really good primers. The photo finish works really good on my oily skin it doesn't necessarily mattify my skin but it does control a bit of my oils, blurs out some on my large pores and creates a smooth canvas for my foundation. The green color corrector primer cancels out my redness. When I do a full on glam look I like to apply my oil control moisturizer first, then the green color corrector usually only around my cheek area and around my nose where I have redness, and then the photo finish primer. My makeup looks pretty nice. I do really recommend the photo finish primer, but you can skip the green corrector primer for a cheaper alternative (maybe L.A. Girl pro Green corrector) and it will do the job just as good.

on 2/2/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I was looking for a good foundation primer that wouldn't make my already-oily skin worse, and that would tone down the red in my complexion. This goes on nice and smooth, and makes makeup go on smoother...but that's about it. Doesn't tone down my redness any (or at least none that I notice) and doesn't really seem to make my makeup last longer. I will look for something better. Especially since I paid almost $40 for it.

on 7/3/2011 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I find that primer are not anything special, this one included. I have oily skin with some acne and redness, which is why I bought the green primer. The redness is reduced a little bit after I put the primer one, but not the acne redness only the general discoloration. This would mean great things for most people because they might not put on as much foundation, but I don't find myself putting on any less, and if I put on my foundation without the primer it covers the redness just as well as the primer does. Point: it makes little difference in my make up routine when it comes to redness. It also makes no difference in combating oily skin (at least for me and I am VERY oily). The texture isn't bad, not too greasy , but I do find myself using too much because a little doesn't blend very far. I will probably not purchase again because it makes too little a difference for the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have the green to try to balance out my redness. I have a lot of red in my complexion. Now, I don't know if I have the "proper" red for this stuff to work, but it does not do ANYTHING for my tone. The texture is nice, but if it doesn't take out any of my redness then there is no point. I am so glad I tried the travel size first!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Its the best primer I've tried thus far. I bought the green tinted primer in travel sizes for a great price (2 for $15) when its usually $17 per tube. (I can't seem to find the same seller but its worth looking into ebay for purchases).

The look: The redness really doesn't combat my redness much at all. Maybe just a very small amount but it isn't noticeable to me at least. It gives the skin a slightly matte finish and makes your skin feel smoother. I notice the biggest difference around my enlarged pores around my nose and on it. It smoothens them out pretty well. I think that the primer also keeps my skin slightly less oily in the day. The makeup adheres to skin better and makes the foundation more pigmented on the skin (so says my mother).

Uses/Tips: Use a very small amount when priming your skin. It is a slightly thick product and although it feels nice and smooth going on your skin, too much primer can build/cake up and not look smooth. I learned from personal experience! Using too many products on your skin in general can make makeup not stay on well. I use the primer after my moisturizer has set in for at least 5 min.

Price: $17 for travel size (perfect for me), $34 for full size. But you can get it for cheaper on ebay.

Conclusion: Nice to have but not essential. Having exfoliated, well moisturized skin can have a similar smooth effect for your makeup application. It does make my makeup go on much smoother and keeps the oilies at bay for a while.

on 12/24/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So after reading reviews on MUA I went ahead and purchased this little gem in green to counter act my redness and scars? I went to Sephora and was indeed surpised that for such a small tube it was $17.00. Nonetheless I walked out of the store empty handed determined to find this review this product for a fraction of the cost. So off to ebay I went and $10.00 later I'm a happy customer!!!

I've used this product a couple of times (I feared that I would break out) and I haven't broken out yet!!! Yeah!! I use the smallest amounts and I covers nearly my whole face. I haven't had problems with clogging of the pores and I am pleasently surprised at how it makes my foundation look. My husbnad and co-workers commented recently on how good my face looked. I don't know if it really counter acts the redness/scars, but so far am very happy with this product. I'm NOT happy with the price. I would def purchase again- but only off of ebay.. I can't see myself buying this product for full price. But since I've had it nealy 2 months and have used it over 2 doezen times, I still have an early full tube left... so who knows.. I may not need to re-purchase for a while!!!

on 4/5/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this from the impulse buy at sephora...it was in a bin labeled $9 but when I checked out, realized it was actually $17 (which is ridiculous for such a small tube). I have used the original photo finish formula which is fantastic, but my derm put me on a new skincare line which has made my face more red for the first few weeks while getting used to the products, so I thought the green tint would be good to have. Although it smoothed my face and did everything the original formula does, it did nothing for the redness, which is the main reason I had for buying it. I thought maybe it had helped until I took some pictures with friends and looked back through them to see my face as red as any other day. This is going back asap and I'll prob switch it out for regular photo finish. Ive heard MAC's version of this is a good one for redness, so I guess on to that next!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First off I'd like to say I tried the regular Smashbox photofinish primer and was not happy with it so I was hesitant to try it in green. A SA had tried it on me for a makeover and I thought, WOW..this really toned down the red in my face. Maybe it was because it was Saturday, maybe because I was hormonal, or possibly because I had to buy 3 things to get the free makeover I decided to purchase this primer in green. But when I tried it at home, it didn't have the same effect as it did at the counter. I guess that's why the lighting is the way it is at MU counters. *shakes angry fist at MUA counters*

But the overall quality of the product is good. I love how my foundation looks with this under it. And even though it doesn't take all the red out completely as it did that one magical night, it does have SOME effect on it. My face looks fresh vs. no green primer and foundation. I definetly will continue to buy.

on 4/18/2006 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this looking for a "little something extra" (the color) after using the Sephora branded version of this type of product. Save your money, ladies, the Sephora brand does exactly the same thing for half the price. I didn't find that it did any color correction, but as a primer, it does the job.

Ditto the other remarks on the horrible pump. I am barely beyond a few uses and the package is already clogged. For the price, they really need a good package to allow you to get to **all** of the product. I took off a lippie because of the horrible package. This stuff is thick; it really needs to be put in a tube.

At this point, I've used this, Vincent Longo Water Canvas, and the Sephora primer. Sephora and this product are essentially the same. You need to work the VL product, but whoah, once you are done, makeup does it stay put. If I had to choose, I'd pick the Vincent Longo product.

UPDATE: I've downgraded this to the lowest no. of lippies because now that I've used it for a while, I've determined that I get an oily shine within an hour of applying my makeup. How is this stuff supposed to make your makeup last if you get greasy so soon? Perhaps this is simply not a product for oily skinned people like me.