Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

I've given this primer a very good try but I detashed it after a couple of months and here's why: it does not mask redness. I do believe that color correcting products can be helpful. However, this primer becomes totally transparent when spread on the skin, and the green color doesn't mysteriously come back after you've patted it on. So I really don't understand why people say this makes their skin less red, unless they are arguing that it has some kind of "calming" ingredient, which it doesn't claim to. I will admit that Smashbox makes very nice primers for oil control, and this one is no exception. It gives the skin a smooth, siliconey feel and I do find my makeup lasts longer (less oil breakthrough on my t zone) when I use this versus when I use no primer. However, for my intended purposes, it simply did not work. I recommend swatching this product in person, at the very least, if you are interested in its color correcting claims, but overall I would suggest you just go with the basic photo finish primer if you want to try Smashbox's formula.

I have this in the green (redness correcting) shade. It is fantastic and glides on amazingly. It even makes your skin look more even without foundation! Only downside is the price tag of around 50-60 dollars in Australia.

on 4/4/2015 11:06:00 PM

I purchased the smaller size green shade at Sephora last summer and I finally just finished it.

I find that it didn't do anything to counteract any redness and it was just like any other regular primer.

I have a NYX primer that I like a lot better than this and their full size is cheaper than the mini of this one!

Also, I saw a great video on YT recently. If you do like any of these primers, it is a lot cheaper to buy two of the small ones rather than the full size. It equals out to be the exact same amount of product!

I've been looking for a face primer to increase the longevity of my make-up. Typically, my makeup only lasts for a couple of hours before I have to touch-up, but with this product it lasts all day (8-9 hrs). It exceeded my expectations on that account. My skin is very easily irritated and I have redness on my cheek bones and T-Zone that are hard to cover, which is why I opted for this color correcting primer from Smashbox. It is green, but goes on clear. It's extremely lightweight and feels velvety smooth going on. I love it! I will say I see the best results when I allow the primer to set for a few minutes before adding a BB cream or foundation. Overall, this is the best experience I've had with a primer and I can't imagine trying anything else. I do wish the full-size bottle wasn't so expensive ($40), but in this case the product is worth the price. I originally purchased a travel size bottle (only $12), which lasted 6 months. The key is to make sure you're using very small amounts of the product, no more than what is absolutely necessary. This product provides good coverage so you shouldn't need much.

I really hate this stuff, #1 it broke me out everytime I would use it, it clogged my pores so badly. It felt like I had a mask on under my makeup and on top of that the price was high, def will not be making this purchase again!

I have used this for the past couple of months and absolutely love the way it feels on my skin and also how it almost instantly gets rid of my redness, which my whole face basically has that since I am so pale I get very splotchy. This has been a life saver. When I wear foundation this helps it stay on way more than normally it would and makes the application so much easier. I love the silky texture and how easy it blends out. I would recommend this to anyone with redness at all.

on 7/24/2012 12:35:00 PM

This is my all time favourite primer ever ! This primer is perfect for most skin types and most foundations ! I love love love it! I think I have bought 3/4 of these primers ad will defiantly be purchasing again once I have used it all up ! I have never had problems with my skin caused by this product. And I find it helps foundations stay in place for a lot longer than they usually would. I find this primer lasts a really long time and a little goes a long way ! The packaging is great as you can control how much of the product you would like and I think this primer should be a staple piece in most girls make up routines ! I know Smashbox can be a little pricey at times but do not let this put you off as it is worth it's weight in gold ! If you are unsure about purchasing this product I am sure the girls at your local Smashbox counter could give you a Sample to try over a few days.

on 7/18/2012 6:43:00 PM

Not loving this product. I have a little discoloration on my jawline from post acne scars and I was hoping this product would help conceal that and it didn't. The only thing I noticed that this primer did was dry my skin and make it look way too matted. If you have super oily skin this might be the right product for you, but if you like a more natural glow look I wouldn't use this.

on 7/8/2012 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased the travel sized tube of the green primer. I have rosacea and was trying to find something to neutralize the redness. I can only describe this as a sheer green makeup that did nothing to correct redness. It just made me look sick, plus it broke me out. I have since found the Everyday Minerals mint green corrector which is great at correcting the redness. I wouldn't recommend the Smashbox green primer at all.

on 2/22/2012 10:36:00 PM

i have a bunch of the green primer as samples and i've been trying to use them up. i like the finish it gives for my foundation to go on top, but that's about it. it doesn't make my foundation last longer or does it hide my redness. i only have a tiny bit of redness around my nose, but it looks the same after application. i probably won't go out to buy this after my samples run out. the good thing about it is a small tube can go a long way.