Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by skin type : Normal age: 30-35
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

2.7

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My skin is far from perfect, and I try a lot of different products to hide the flaws that I have. Redness is one of them, so I thought that this might be a good solution to help camouflage. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

This did not perform the way I thought it would. I usually shy away from silicone based primers, but the color correcting properties drew me to this, and I bought it anyway. I should have went with my instinct, because when I first applied, I had that horrible slippery feeling on my face that I just do not like. I let it set for 10 minutes, and did not notice a huge difference in the unevenness and overall redness of my face. I applied my foundation, and color wise, it looked the same as when I use primers that I like the texture of.

I tried a few more times with different foundations to give this a fair shake, but I really do not feel like it performs the way it is described as performing. It is green in color, but sheer when applied and didn't see any correcting in my skin. I returned it, and will not repurchase.

(As a side note: Smashbox primers are very difficult to get the last of the product out of their bottles. I have purchased 2 of their hydrating primers and cut the bottle both times to get to the remaining product. That is why I rated the packaging as low as I did).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this as in a travel size at Sephora and I think it will last for quite a while (without breaking the bank). I like this a lot - as both a good silicone primer and a redness reducer. I have slight redness from rosacea and this helps, without completely removing the redness. It goes on light but provides good coverage. Definitely like it better than Eucerin Redness Relief

No breakouts or oiliness.

I bought a small size of this on impulse because I tend to have some redness on my nose and had hoped that this would help with that. Like some of the other reviewers, I didn't notice any difference in the redness using this compared to not using it. But as a primer, the texture was silky and not greasy, so I didn't give it a lower rating.