Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.1

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the 2 worst primers I have every used (and what's worse, I bought the full sized bottle!) I was hoping this would neutralize the redness in some areas of my face (around my nose, mostly). Well, it didn't neutralize anything at all but it did give an unholy, sickly cast to my face and when I attempted to put concealer or foundation overtop (realizing I couldn't just wear this on its own), it balled up and made things even worse. Dreadful product - I would have expected more from Smashbox (more fool me; the other "worst primer" was their original one - also purchased in a full sized bottle). The only "good" thing I can say about either of these primers is that the packaging (pump bottle) is excellent you don't end up pumping out more than you need.

on 5/1/2011 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

definitely would not re-purchase, it does a very minimal job on correcting redness. I think this has a much higher rating than it should since people are rating the product on it's primer properties (which are good) and not on the purchase that this particular one is meant for, for correcting redness! It made my skin look maybe 10% less red, nothing major and definitely not worthy of the high cost.

on 4/9/2011 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of the green Adjust from Sephora (wanted to try it before I bought it). It did an "eh" job at covering the redness in my cheeks, nose and chin. I applied it with a brush as I didn't want to use it all over my face and it balled up or pilled everywhere I applied it. It was kinda gross. I felt like everytime I applied it, half would ball up and fall off. I don't think I would ever actually purchase this product.

I love this primer, it does pretty well covering my redness, and a fantastic job making my makeup last! It hasnt broken me out or anything, which I was a little bit worried about. I do acknowledge that it goes on greasy but it dries to a nice powdery finish! Its a little pricey for my liking, so I am going to try the hard candy one but so far, though I much prefer the consistency of smashbox.

on 1/17/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased the green primer, to combat my red skin patches, on the recommendation of a few people at Sephora. It does NOTHING to get rid of the red...... it might work as a makeup primer, but why spend so much for something advertised to combat red when it doesn't do that? Bad purchase, and bad recommendation from people who probably know nothing about REALLY sensitive skin.

on 3/24/2009 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Even though I've read the reviews here, I STILL fell for this product (green for redness) at the impulse box at Sephora checkout. (How $17 is an impulse purchase, I'm not sure.) It feels nice but does nothing for my redness. I tried instead mixing a very small amount of physician's formula green concealer cream (small tube) with a little Olay regenerist serum, and got basically the same texture but much better redness cancelling properties. This is going back to Sephora today.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased the small tube from the "impulse buy" section by the registers at Sephora. I'm really happy that I did! The small travel size tube fits in my make-up bag so I always have it on me, and it lasts forever! I bought this in the green tint and I'm one of the few that this product really does work to reduce the redness. I have lupus so I have a butterfuly rash of red across my cheeks and bridge of my nose. I won't say this gets me completely even toned, but I definitely noticed a softening of my skin tone. I put it on when I got back to my office and my friend noticed an immediate difference - with no foundation or powder over it! It coats my dry skin nicely, and doesn't dry out. I won't wear it all day though - it's more of a going out only product since if I wear it all day and night it tends to cause a slight breakout. Still, for what I paid and the results I get, I'm very happy with it.

on 3/8/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am in the minority here, I purchased the mauve shade. Its the 1 oz size in a pump. I have always been using the clear primer & loving it. It does its job by allowing me to spread liquid or cream fdn thin & even. I was always skeptical of using a mauve primer due to past experience when I was a teen (can't remember the brand, I believe it no longer exist). It left my skin with a greyish cast, but not with this primer. It brightens up the skin (yellow-beige NC 30), very believably & naturally, even if I deliberately over-applied it. And, no, it does not even out or cover up any flaws, thats the job for the fdn & concealer. It mattifies, just like the clear version, which allows the liquid fdn to go on thinly & evenly. It was Can$ 48 at Sephora, a bit pricey but it will last me at least 10-12 months.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Over a year ago I bought the small tube of the green primer on a whim while at Sephora. I hadn't used primer before and was intrigued by the idea of masking the redness that always managed to peek through my foundation. For awhile I assumed that the redness on my cheeks wasn't being reduced because I wasn't using enough of the product, but due to the consistency of it I couldn't bring myself to put on more. I didn't (and never did) notice any reduction in my redness but was pleased to discover that using a primer made my makeup easier to apply and look better. Mostly it made my foundation significantly easier to apply and blend, making my skin look more natural and less made up.

It is very silky feeling, and spreads very well--meaning that you don't need that much to cover your entire face. Even though I did not use it everyday (I go through phases where I don't feel like putting on make up), I still have half a tube left. If i had used it everyday I probably would have run out after 9-10 months. So it's definitely not a waste of money. But I would definitely test it before buying to see if you like how it feels.

I took off 1 lippie because it claims to reduce redness, but doesn't. Since this was my first primer I have nothing else to compare it to. Since it comes in the smaller, tube container as well, I will probably continue to repurchase it to keep in my makeup bag and when I travel. I recently purchased MUFE HD primer, maybe I'll have more success with that.

on 1/15/2009 6:16:00 PM

I got the purple one on the basis of the sales guys recommendation.

I have red skin so I thought the green would have been more appropriate but he said purple so I went with that.

Firstly it feels quite nice on the skin, but maybe a little greasy or something. I do think it helps my make up stay on longer though/ I'm not sure if the purple does much for me. Apparently it helps enhance the "porcelain" skin I have supposedly have but I haven't noticed any difference.

The packaging isn't great. The cap with not stay on at all which is quite annoying.

It's 37 here in Ireland so pricey enough. I don't think I'll get it again. I'll probably get the Laura Mercier or YSL next instead.