Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.2

on 11/6/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This stuff is awful. I was hoping it would tone down my redness (mostly nose-area, thanks to allergies that leave me just sort of perpetually splotchy to a certain degree). The green is barely perceptible and does nothing to neutralize the red. As a primer it's even worse - my makeup smears together (eye makeup) and/or balls up (most foundations); one way or the other, my makeup has worn off far earlier in the day than it does without the primer. Won't even finish it up.

THIS is my holy grail of primers of all times (so far, lol!), because somehow this one in "adjust" which is a kinda greenish color really does alot to even out my skin color, which has some red tones to it. It even work better than the original Photo Finish primer, I think, which has probably something to do with the formula. It makes my makeup stay in place all day, stay flawless too and I'm overall satisfied with it. 5 stars!!! Of course I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased the small tube from the "impulse buy" section by the registers at Sephora. I'm really happy that I did! The small travel size tube fits in my make-up bag so I always have it on me, and it lasts forever! I bought this in the green tint and I'm one of the few that this product really does work to reduce the redness. I have lupus so I have a butterfuly rash of red across my cheeks and bridge of my nose. I won't say this gets me completely even toned, but I definitely noticed a softening of my skin tone. I put it on when I got back to my office and my friend noticed an immediate difference - with no foundation or powder over it! It coats my dry skin nicely, and doesn't dry out. I won't wear it all day though - it's more of a going out only product since if I wear it all day and night it tends to cause a slight breakout. Still, for what I paid and the results I get, I'm very happy with it.

It did even out skin pores and scars, but it didn't do that great of a job color correcting. I was satisfied with it and thought I'd probably buy again until my face started to break out.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is the green-tinted version of Photo Finish Primer. This is supposed to neutralize red areas and function as makeup primer, just like the clear original. While I didn't end up with a green face, this really made no apparent reduction of redness. I don't think it worked as well as the original as a makeup primer, either. I rated the original clear Photo Finish as 4 or 5 lippies. Skip this one, or ask a Smashbox rep for a sample before buying.